50!

Angeleek

Hi all!

Never thought I'd be so happy to announce I'm 50! 50 days nicotine free! Woohoo! Toot toot!!

Indeed I never have to smoke again...the only one who can make me is me!

I'm not going to sweat the cravings anymore...they will flare up and die ad infinitum until they just don't matter anymore. Yesterday I had one craving...just one.  They are part of the process, so I will stop waiting for them to disappear forever.  The main thing is that I don't smoke. How neat is that!

My pulse O2 reading hit 100% today for the first time in at least a few years. Even with a cold and neglecting my cardio workouts.

A great day to everyone! Thanks for all your help and resources.  Toot toot!!!

Edited by Angeleek
add text
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Angeleek said:

Hi all!

Never thought I'd be so happy to announce I'm 50! 50 days nicotine free! Woohoo! Toot toot!!

Indeed I never have to smoke again...the only one who can make me is me!

I'm not going to sweat the cravings anymore...they will flare up and die ad infinitum until they just don't matter anymore. Yesterday I had one craving...just one.  They are part of the process, so I will stop waiting for them to disappear forever.  The main thing is that I don't smoke. How neat is that!

My pulse O2 reading hit 100% today for the first time in at least a few years. Even with a cold and neglecting my cardio workouts.

A great day to everyone! Thanks for all your help and resources.  Toot toot!!!

Congratulations on 50 days of freedom, A.

Celebrate and reward yourself !

The Significance of Rewards

Thanks Sazerac, for reminding me to reward myself! I think some flowers and a milkshake are in order.  Weehoo!

About rewards - thanks for those links.  Joel Spitzer's videos are so profound.  Funny how smokers use cigarettes as a reward for EVERYTHING!  Ironically, so many times I have felt like rewarding myself for not smoking with ... a cigarette! Not today though...NOPE! Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey @Angeleek

I want to tell you how much I appreciate your posts !

You are well informed about this addiction of ours and we are very lucky to have you here sharing your quit.

I encourage you to post a lot.

Congratulations on your (now) Fifty-Three Days of Freedom.

• Thanks 1