Focus on your quit...stay aware

Colleen

So..started a new job today...first traditional one since quitting-long story. Anyway it's the first time in a long time that I've felt my non-smoking resolve start to crack. No worries I WILL NOT SMOKE. That said I would like to scream or get angry but I can't. I will vent here because it really works. I have never posted an SOS and hope I never have to...but if I need to I will. Today I will vent though. There are quite a few smokers...I can smell them. i keep hearing the person behind making the most annoying noises over and over and i think its disrespectful not to mention its driving me up the wall. I am at the clients site learning their software things are not going so smoothly. It took them 90 min to figure out how to set up the projector so there is a lot of sitting around. I left my lunch in my car b/c they couldn't decide which building we would be in so my salad is wilted and inedible. It has to be at least 80 out for me here.

Really there is no danger in me smoking...just a really sucky feeling that I will overcome and venting makes it so much easier to deal with it.

• Like 3

Starting a new job can be exciting but certainly not without new stress.  I loathe meetings and sitting around in boring training classes when I would rather be working and actually getting something done.  It will get better one you get into your new routine and until then, vent away.  It would always be worse as you could have Michael Scott from The Office. lol

Hang in there! :wacko2:

• Like 1

Congratulations on the new job!

Welcome to the crappy world of daily work :girl_cray2:

When we smoked - all the above was OK - just gave us more opportunities to smoke! Now - highly effective, productive machine that you are...its just irritating!!

You are doing brilliantly Colleen! 

Keep Rockin'!

• Like 1

I'm so sorry you're having sucha  frustrating day ((((Colleen)))).  Last time you were working you were a smoker so it's not surprising really that your facing some triggers.  I know you won't smoke but it still sucks you have to go through this.  That on top of being the "new kid" which no one likes is bound to make for a frustrating and crappy day.  :(  The good news is that you know smoking won't help and now that you've faced this trigger it will never be as strong again.  Eventually, it will be gone all together. So proud of you!!

YOU are a Warrior!!!

Congratulations on the Job Colleen, and sorry to see you are having a stressfull day, BUT well done on coming here and venting, you shout, scream, yell , cuss all you like, if it gets the frustration directed away from allowing the thought of smoking to grow then SHOUT EVEN LOUDER. xx

Oh, I so wanted to say something to the woman with the cough, you know the kind of cough I mean.  If she only knew, she could lose that cough in a few days.  Is it just me or do noises bother everyone after quitting?  Maybe if it were just one noisy person, but there were several.  Somebody next to me kept cracking their knuckles, then somebody was chomping on ice behind me/shaking the cup full of ice, somebody else kept trying to make music with pen clicking.  lol Did smoking affect my hearing too?  OMG, I thought I would go off the deep end..good thing I didn't.  Composure kept intact somehow  :wacko22:

I was a little stressed to begin with, got news that the location was changed to the client's site at the last minute.  More traffic than I anticipated, got lost etc.  I was almost late, which never ever happens.  Add that to first day jitters!

I knew I would have thoughts of smoking, which I do here and there...But this?  No, unexpected.  Especially during lunch and what not.  A good example to keep your guard up.  I am sure once I can keep busy, it will improve.  It probably would help if a  company wanted to train somebody on their software systems, they would use actual computers to do so, but maybe that's just me too??  Do I complain a lot or what?!  Anyway, thanks  for the support, you all are awesome :)

Imagine how much worse this would have been if you wert smoking? Everything would have been worse going through withdrawals from nicotine on top of the stress you felt. Smoking is not an option for you.

Urgh hate those type of noises, my blood pressure is rising just thinking about it, got help you, I do it back now when someone does it and turn it into a game to try keep me sane, my mother in law turns my stomach when she is eating, disgusting and she constantly does the lip smacking, can see her false teeth moving with it, I eat disgusting and smack my lips when she does it, try it, when they are eatingice you get it and crunch the feckk out of a cube, only way to stay sane.