Back for good

desperate1

Hey desperate1, might I suggest a ticker for your signature? It's super encouraging watching all the time, money and cigarettes not smoked add up plus shows you what you have to lose should you cave to a crave. I loved watching mine that first year :)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, desperate1 said:

Jillar I have one on my home page but have to figure out how to get it on here. Not real computer literate

hey des,

Here is the  Qtrain ticker place.  I think it is user friendly if not, there are many here who can assist.

For encouragement, I put the cost of a pack of smokes away in a big mason jar every day.  I amassed a small fortune !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Sazerac. Been reading and doing some videos at why quit. Today....day 3 coming to an end. I will be free of nicotine in a few hours. Rough one today but plowed through. Watching videos is certainly an eye opener on this addiction. Learning to embrace the craves. They are coming so why fight or fear them. I am hanging in there. 

• Like 4

Good to hear you are hanging in there D1and from the sounds of it, you are doing all the right things and have a "let's get it done" attitude. 3 days in going cold turkey is about as bad as things will get and yes, nicotine will be gone now so that's a major step forward. Your work is not done yet but you have invested heavily in this quit and made tremendous progress. Keep up the great work. The rewards you reap from quitting will far outweigh the early challenges. Focus on the benefits you are likely already starting to notice. That will also help. Don't forget to reward yourself for the battles you're winning :) 

• Like 2

Thanks recip.  Never knew about receptors in the brain and that it takes at least 3 months to quiet them. So I know I have my work cut out for me. Your encouragement helps

Thanks Doreen. So encouraged by what I have read thus far about your quit. I go from being up one minute to sleep mode. You all are so right...education on the addiction is key. Time to admit to myself that I am an addict. Off to read. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sazerac thanks for the mental fog thread. It explained alot as to what is happening. Went to pick up a book to read and pass some time and felt nothing. Love to read but just could not get into it. Thought it might be depression setting in but reading the article you suggested explains some of the emotional ups and downs I am experiencing. Have no ambition whatsoever. It helps so much to read these things and realising these things are a normal part of quitting. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, desperate1 said:

Sazerac thanks for the mental fog thread. It explained alot as to what is happening. Went to pick up a book to read and pass some time and felt nothing. Love to read but just could not get into it. Thought it might be depression setting in but reading the article you suggested explains some of the emotional ups and downs I am experiencing. Have no ambition whatsoever. It helps so much to read these things and realising these things are a normal part of quitting. 

Just remember D that all these normal quit symptoms do not last all that long (I know - seems like an eternity right now but that too will pass). Just stay on this bucking bronco and you will win in the end and ALL the benefits you gain from quitting last for a lifetime!

• Like 3

and just to alert you to more joys nicotine addiction has given us

Quitting Smoking Blues

Reci is SO right on, 

1 hour ago, reciprocity said:

ll these normal quit symptoms do not last all that long (I know - seems like an eternity right now but that too will pass). Just stay on this bucking bronco and you will win in the end and ALL the benefits you gain from quitting last for a lifetime!

You are on an adventure of self-discovery.

Don't forget to provide some Joy for yourself !

You are in the sludge right now but, won't be here long at all.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lilly said:

Just stopping by to give you a big cheer.  You're doing amazingly well and I'm so proud of your determination. 

I'm loving reading about your journey x x

Omg excitement excitement. I just figured out how to put a quote in my post. Thanks Lilly. Thinking of you and your quit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2