Daily exercise log for everyone :)

I got sloppy about my diet and exercise for the last couple of days. Finally getting back to it now. Did a 30-minute exercise video today and am sad to say that I had to turn it off and catch my breath 2 or 3 times during the video. Aarrgh! I could kick myself for the layoff! Oh well, I did do the whole 30 minute workout and if I keep at it I will improve, right? 

Onward and upward!! 

• Like 3

Dancercise?

"Disco walking" is my term. I load up my iPod with 30 minutes' worth of bouncy, danceable music. Then I go to the condo's tennis court (which can't be seen from any unit) and walk and dance and beebop around and around the perimeter of the tennis court for 30 minutes. I know it looks ridiculous but it's fun and it's great exercise. But I can't do it in hot weather (like Atlanta in August  :( ). When the weather is too hot to exercise outside I do stay inside and do a 30-minute Leslie Sansone power walking video. That works good, too. 

• Like 1

5-miler, basement treadmill, 1% hill/grade @ 39:46 (7:57/mile)

Sarge had incentive - Mrs. Sarge bet him a bag o' Totino's Pizza Rolls he couldn't get under 8-minute miles his first week back. Only the second run after a six week hiatus and already into the 7s. Not too far in at 7:57, but good enough.

Back when Sarge was a Pig (and 50-ish pounds heaver), he lived on Pizza Rolls and Cherry Coke. Haven't had a Pizza Roll in almost 3 years.

Gonna save it up for dinner Friday night. Gonna treat my Baby right! Pizza Rolls, Cherry Coke, and a candle-light dinner ;)

Easy Peasy

Oh - and a new record on pullups for both of us this week. Sarge hit 13 by-the-book military pullups a couple days back and Mrs. Sarge hit 11 ... uhh ... not so military-by-the-book but probably "good enough" pullups.  This climbing thing has done miracles for Sarge's upper body strength. He was the kid in gym class who could do ZERO pullups  (not one, nada, zilch, diddly-squat). He could only do 5 by the end of basic training at 18 years old ... and now pushing 50 he's gonna triple that. Goal is 15. Current PR: 13.

• Like 5

Wow, Sarge! It sounds like you are doing great! Over the last 3 years you have quit smoking, lost 50 pounds, built up your strength to 13 pull-ups and improved your cardiovascular fitness to < 8-minute miles.  Oh, and it sounds like you are inspiring and supporting Mrs. Sarge to improve her fitness, too. That is fantastic! I hope you take the time to appreciate how much you have accomplished and to give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back. Enjoy those pizza rolls (but only once every 3 years :) ). 

• Like 1

Yesterday...Gym #2 spin for 60 minutes then abs & booty class 45 minutes

Gym #1 early this morning, Upright rows, Lat pull downs, seated pulley rows..then on treadmill for 1.5 miles

Gym# 2 earlier tonight, TRX Training

• Like 1

I quit smoking at the end of March. In April, I started riding my bike 2 or 3 times a week. At first, I could only go about 1 mile in 15 minutes before I was totally done for.  :( However, I kept at it and got to where I could ride for 30 minutes if I stopped to rest twice for 2 minutes each time. Today for the first time I rode 3 miles in 30 minutes non-stop (ta da!!!). Baby steps, baby steps, but I'm making progress. :)

• Like 5

Been slack for a couple of days but back to it today. Did treadmill intervals and then a killer session with my trainer - am wondering which idiot told her that I wanted to get back I to running - oh that right - that was me ! Doh ! a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

• Like 2

:cray:I hate you guys!

and why doesn't my Go... Da... Smiley show up????

Hey, Becca, don't hate us, join us! Go for a walk around the block or do a 20-minute Youtube exercise video and post about it here. Heck, what else are you going to do with all that time you saved by not smoking? Come on, jump in!  :)