Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Today

Featured Replies

Okay- it seems to have been a long time but here it is. Damn I feel good today !! First day without an overwhelming crave even for a minuet. I know it's not over but it felt GREAT for one day! I still have a few hours before sleep but have enjoyed it SO much so far. I just want it to continue. A person shouldn't have to want to feel this way. I just want to be able to say NOPE the rest of my days.

 

Have a great night everyone!

Great, I love this Wantsit you are starting to see the benefits.  You are right it is not over yet but it is going to get better and it is going to get somewhat easier.  Good for you -- sleep good tonight!!!

Great stuff Wantsit! Like M5 says, you're just starting to see the real benefits of quitting and although you still have work to do, this gives you a taste of what everyday will be like pretty soon. The further you separate yourself from this addiction, the better and easier it will get. Enjoy the feeling :) 

Love this wantsit, I'm so happy for you. That very first day when you feel great is so awesome and shows you all your hard work is paying off :) Have a great night and I hope your tomorrows are just as good :)

You are doing great, Wantsit.  You will still have ups and downs at this stage but it will slowly become a whole lot better.  I am glad you are starting to see the benefits to quitting. 

 

Keep up the great work!

Such a good thing to read Wantsit, you're doing great, and your enthusiasm is infectious. 

KTQ!!!

8 hours ago, Wantsit said:

Okay- it seems to have been a long time but here it is. Damn I feel good today !! First day without an overwhelming crave even for a minuet. I know it's not over but it felt GREAT for one day! I still have a few hours before sleep but have enjoyed it SO much so far. I just want it to continue. A person shouldn't have to want to feel this way. I just want to be able to say NOPE the rest of my days.

 

Have a great night everyone!

 

Fabulous !!!!!.....the magic is happening !!!!......

  • Author

A big thank you to everyone!! I realize I have a much longer road ahead of me but I just want everyone to know that you all make it much easier. I look forward to just popping in here if only for a minuet each day. You have helped me make my life better by you knowing the feel of this! I have a high stress job so it would be easy to blame a relapse on that, but just the encouragement here along with the challenges to stay quit makes it different this time. Thank you!

Just be sure to keep that positive attitude and that lovely quit Wantsit! We're here when you need us :) 

On 11/28/2018 at 7:39 PM, Wantsit said:

Okay- it seems to have been a long time but here it is. Damn I feel good today !! First day without an overwhelming crave even for a minuet. I know it's not over but it felt GREAT for one day! I still have a few hours before sleep but have enjoyed it SO much so far. I just want it to continue. A person shouldn't have to want to feel this way. I just want to be able to say NOPE the rest of my days.

 

Have a great night everyone!

This is the best news !

You will have many more days like this then months and years! Stay focused and reward yourself.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.