The Quit Train Is Unstoppable!

We have been steadily rising on the search engines.  We are #1 if you type in Quit Train.  Same with Quit Train Quit Smoking. This was far from the case just one month ago.  We were not to be found.

Yesterday when I typed in various phrases that someone might do a search for when wanting to quit smoking, we were anywhere from page 1-3 and the of course lower in the rankings but as we continue to grow, we will rise with those as well.  The longer we're here and with such an active posting community, it won't take long before newbies start arriving.

Please keep in mind one thing.  We do not pay small companies or individuals who specialize in jump starting new message boards or add traffic to existing boards by creating members to give the appearance of activity or new membership.  This is a hotly debated topic among message board owners and unfortunately, a lot of upstart online communities do this (as well as established ones).  Obviously, we have not. 

Our community is genuine.  We don't believe in creating any fake newbies because it's a moral issue with me as well as the moderators.  Who wants to spend time helping somebody who doesn't even really exist?  We're talking about serious issues when it comes to quitting smoking and is literally life or death.  This was a gamble that I took when I started this forum.  It was either going to take off on it's own merit or fail on it's own.  It's taken off and then some.  To be frank about this, we are so far ahead of the curve you have no idea. With us, what you see is genuine. 

What we have in place is a seasoned group of quitters, quitters in the middle and those new to quitting.  We already have in place what all other new communities desperately want and are willing to pay in efforts to create the illusion of having.  As we stated from the beginning, it was just a matter of playing the waiting game with the search engines.  George (TAC) and I did everything and then some to get things "in the basement" done regarding the search engines.  As always, 3 minds are better than 2 so I retained a very good programmer who is highly skilled in this particular message board software who made some tweaks specific to our community and search engines.  I'm starting to see where this is paying off in a huge way.

Again, we already have a very, very, very active quit smoking community and once future quitters stumble upon us, that is what they will see; an established, mature quit smoking community that is open to everybody, is free and is uncensored as much as we can possibly be while maintaining a friendly, open-minded community.

We're working on adding some exciting additions to the site, one of which should be implemented very soon...

I would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you.  I've said that this is your community.  Make it count for something.  This, my friends, you have done and done very, very well.--MQ :good3:

• Like 18

Great news MQ!

Can I just clarify, the only way to keep us near the top of the search engines is just simply to keep doing what we are doing and posting and talking, right?

And is this all search engines? I know I found us in Bing (haven't tried yahoo), but are we on Google aswell?

Going to go and investigate :)

• Like 4

Great news MQ!

Can I just clarify, the only way to keep us near the top of the search engines is just simply to keep doing what we are doing and posting and talking, right?

And is this all search engines? I know I found us in Bing (haven't tried yahoo), but are we on Google aswell?

Going to go and investigate :)

Yep, just keep doing what we've been doing. :)  Anything else that needs done on the admin side we'll continue to stay on top of.   We're on Google, Bing, Yahoo, MSN etc.

• Like 4

MQ, firstly wonderful post, and secondly and most importantly Thank you and everyone else who has been involved in establishing Quit Train, the operation and well being and keeping its wheels and tracks well oiled, its only in its infancy and I'm proud to say I am here, my quit journey and quit trains journey have begun and are going to go a long long way.  Logging on each day keeps me on the straight and narrow in my quit journey and its thanks to you and every single member that is here and who I am proud to say I know and can share their journeys with them.  Before long we will be welcoming new members and its great to see so many welcoming people who only want to help quitters, start a quit, keep a quit, and then go on and create a full circle and help another person quit.  I tell everyone I know about Quit Train urging them to come on, I have seen one or 2 of my friends in the last few days tentatively reach out to start a quit soon and I'm so excited for them.  I could go on, but will stop there, Quit Train here's to you and to every quitter that buys a ticket and jumps on board, TOOT TOOT  :D

• Like 8

I just typed "quit smoking support community" into Google and we came up on page 5, page 4 on May 5.

This is the first time we have showed up on Google with generic keywords.

We're somebody now!

• Like 4

We come up on page 3 on Google with "quit smoking support forum"

We also come up on page 4 on Google with "quit smoking message board"

Google rankings:

"quit smoking forums" - page 5, page 4 May, 05

"quit smoking forum" - page 6, page 5 May, 05

"quit smoking support" - page 10

"quit smoking message boards" - page 3

• Like 4

I would like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you.  I've said that this is your community.  Make it count for something.  This, my friends, you have done and done very, very well.--MQ :good3:

I think it is us that should be thanking you MQ  ... thankyou !

• Like 2

Current Google rankings:

"quit smoking support community" - page 4

"quit smoking support forum" - page 3

"quit smoking support forums" - page 3

"quit smoking message board" - page 4

"quit smoking forum" - page 5

"quit smoking forums" - page 4

"quit smoking support" - page 10

Current Bing/Yahoo rankings:

"quit smoking support community" - page 1

"quit smoking support forum" - page 7

"quit smoking support forums" - page 2

"quit smoking message board" - n/a

"quit smoking forums" - n/a

"quit smoking support" - n/a

Current Bing/Yahoo rankings:

"quit smoking support community" - page 1

"quit smoking support forum" - page 7

"quit smoking support forums" - page 2

"quit smoking message board" - n/a

"quit smoking forums" - n/a

"quit smoking support" - n/a

why did U change it?  aren't the n/a ones search terms folks would use?  I would have used quit smoking support or forum.

why did U change it?  aren't the n/a ones search terms folks would use?  I would have used quit smoking support or forum.

The n/a on Yahoo/Bing means that I could not find the Quit Train using those keywords like I did on Google.

Google and Yahoo/Bing are like night and day in the way they operate.

The first post was rankings for Google, and the second post was using the same words for Yahoo/Bing

• 4 weeks later...

Update

Google

quit smoking message board - page 1

quit smoking message forum - page 1

quit smoking forums - page 1

quit smoking forum - page 1

Yahoo

quit smoking message board - page 2

quit smoking message forum - page 2

quit smoking forums - page 5 (previously N/A)

quit smoking forum - page 6 (previously N/A)

Bing

quit smoking message board - page 2

quit smoking message forum - page 2

quit smoking forums - page 3 (previously N/A)

quit smoking forum - page 5 (previously N/A)

• Like 3