It's been too long!

Phoebe2

I've been quit 4 years and 5 months but it's been way too long since my last visit so I'm back to 'keeping it humble'. I think part of the reason I've been a successful quitter is because I will never ever feel complacent about my quit. I was a 40 year smoker and I know my addiction is lurking somewhere in my brain ready to trick me into thinking I need a cigarette because of some deeply ingrained trigger.

Welcome to all the newbies and hellooooo to the oldies keeping the quit! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for dropping in. It great for newbies to hear from people who have been quit for awhile!

There's a lot of us in between peeps too (not newbies but not really oldies yet) that are just cruisin' now doing the same thing - not getting complacent :) 

I have read a few stories about people who have figured after a year or two, they could have just 1 for old times sake and they have learned a very hard lesson 1st hand!

The daily NOPE pledge applies to all of us for the rest of our lives. Whether you make it here or just to yourself each day, doesn't matter, as long as you never take another puff :) 

• Like 4

Hiya Jo fellow Aussie non smoking fabulously incredibly strong woman! How have you been?

Sazerac that's exactly how I feel .. keep the never ever (NOPE) and we'll always be successful!  It's really a no brainer but surprisingly how hard it is to keep it that way for some?

• Like 2