Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

So Amazing

Featured Replies

Here I am visiting my sister in Norway for the first time as a non smoker. FYI my quit date was 2/5/17. I’ve never had such an easy time being a guest. My overseas flight over was enjoyable and stress free. I no longer constantly sneak off from the family for a cig. I can hike with the best of them. And I do not reek of smoke nor cough persistently. 

 

I love my new independent life free from the nico-demon.  Best thing I ever did for myself. And I must remain ever so vigilant to keep and hold onto my precious quit. I’ve seen others in tourist areas here smoking and, just for a moment I’d like to have one too. But I say NOPE and think of the super folks on this forum and put that demon urge out of my mind. 

 

If someone is reading this who is considering quitting, I truly hope you can go forward with your goal. It seemed such an impossible feat at first for me to quit but now I can look back on my hard work and see it wasn’t so bad because of ALL the great wonderful things I can do now. It’s so amazing how my new life as a non smoker is. 

FF79FE78-2318-4DF0-A421-8C61A1E30C6E.jpeg

@NOPEster thank you for your update. Hope you have an awesome holiday in Norway with your sister and family. It is so inspiring to hear the success stories and how much freer and more enjoyable life is without the nicodemon dogging your steps. It reminds us of what we have to look forward to.

 

 

The incessant interruptions of needing a smoke,

the permeable stench, 

the constant mind-bending negotiations of when/where to smoke,

NO ! 

NOPE !

Not for NOPEster,   never more !

Life is grand with the slavery of nicotine addiction well behind you. 

Congratulations.

 

Have a bite of rakfisk and slog of Glögi to celebrate, NOPEster.

 

So nice to hear from you NOPEster. Thanks for the update.

Thank you for your update. So needed to read something so positive as I fight my way through day one. 

10 hours ago, NOPEster said:

If someone is reading this who is considering quitting, I truly hope you can go forward with your goal. It seemed such an impossible feat at first for me to quit but now I can look back on my hard work and see it wasn’t so bad because of ALL the great wonderful things I can do now. It’s so amazing how my new life as a non smoker is. 

 

Bingo!

 

Great post NOPEster.

Great to hear from you Nopester! Glad you are still excited about your smoke free lifestyle. The rewards just keep piling up don't they?

That’s a great update and such a positive post. Thank you! Have a great stay in Norway, it’s beautiful. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.