IT WAS THE CHICKEN!

Novokezdet

So today I went to the chicken shop to buy 10 wings as I was craving them for weeks now,

I get to the shop, the shop is empty besides this couple at the cashier,

I get in line, 5m goes by, 10m goes by, 15m goes by and I don't know what the hell is going on so in anger I asked,

WHAT'S TAKING SO GODDAMN LONG!!!

And the guy simply answers,

Oh can't you see I'm serving this couple ? Even though they were just talking.

So I just left the shop.

OH MAN I COULD HAVE STABBED THE GUY FOR THOSE 10 WINGS!!!!

Now in 8 days I handled myself but now I'm so angry as I don't have what I wanted,

I had to eat something that left me unsatisfied,

And I'm full of cravings just thinking about the situation.

Edited by Novokezdet
  • Like 2

If possible, try to walk away from situations that might heighten your anger to that level.

Then, do some deep breathing exercises, get a glass of cold water.

Please remember your quit is new and it gets hairy sometimes.

Go easy on yourself.

You didn't smoke - one moment at a time sometimes - but a successful moment...be proud.

KTQ

• Like 2

Well, you saw red with your anger.....but you were able to walk away from the situation and you didn't smoke after. These are victories that you can be proud of. Maybe you can use what happened as a lesson to use in the days and weeks to come? (1) Walk away from anger-inducing situations; and (2) smoking helps NOTHING.

We promise you Novo that everything will get easier and better.....but only if you don't smoke!

• Like 3

I say it's okay to be a little pissy the first few months.  You're brain is undergoing a massive detox and irritability is a common symptom.  It's a lot more acceptable than continuing to poison yourself.  Things will eventually level out and you may even find that you become more calm in the long run.  

• Like 2

Your in very early days of quitting...feel proud...you walked out ...and didn't smoke ...that's a high five.!!!!!

Have you read about my punching pillow !!!!!...speaks for itself..

I talked to myself ...alot...I feel this way because my body is getting used to being nicotine free...

It does get easier...promise ....

• Like 2

You did good novo, even if it doesn't feel like it. Try again today for those wings and if you're so inclined tell them that youve just quit smoking. You'll be surprised at the amount of support most will give. 

• Like 2

I was also pretty quick to get angry about minor tings when I was in the early stages of my quit. I think it's pretty common. As others have said though, when tat happens, try to remove yourself from the situation, take some deep breaths to calm yourself then try to focus on something else that is of interest to you.

This unwelcome symptom of the early quit will not stay with you forever - that's the good news and with each of these battles you do withing yourself, you will get stronger! Stick with it Novo :)

• Like 2

Novo as the others have said try to remove yourself from the situation. The irritability is there during the early part of the quit, try to recognize what the triggers maybe so you can prepare. Deep breathing helps and coming here, as you are doing, can help even more.  You are doing the right things, keep it up.  

• Like 3

Hahaha, almost forgot about this thread,

Oh man. I WAS FUMING ON THAT DAY!

But yeah, I got out of the situation as even without smoking they are not worth it to me, I can't have those kind of problems & stresses in my life,

I ate that samwhich which ended up being more healthy and just dealt with it.

Now I've decided to stop eating wings as well,

I'm pretty much quitting anything that is giving me a bad experience and replacing them with a new and better one,

Even work! Haha :D

Edited by Novokezdet
  • Like 4

You're doing great Novo!! On your 2nd week now and kickin' that Nicodemons butt. Finally free of it's horrible grip on your entire life :91_thumbsup:

You're a non-smoker now and I'm sure you are already starting to notice some benefits of that :)