Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rob

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Rob

  1. Thanks Marti, appreciate the great message :) I will definitely pre-respond to my SOS, that looks like a good thread. I'm glad the the days where not smoking seam like hard work get easier. I'll definitely use SOS in the future of things ever get that bad, and would be happy to PM you for advice then too. I'm grateful for everyones kind words and I'm also very happy that you have all achieved such long and successful quits. This is quite personal but I'll go ahead and share... When I smoked my last cigerette, I wrote down a diary entry which helps. For anyone starting a quit, it's a great idea to really analyse your last cigerette.... 14JAN15: "Literally *just* stopped so no cravings yet... My last fag: outside, freezing cold, felt dirty, lasted longer than was enjoyable, after taste wasn't nice at all. It was a reminder of one of the many reasons I wanted to quit and a reminder that it's the chemicals I'm addicted to that make me want to smoke, not the physical enjoyment. I hope I can recall how I feel now tomorrow when I have a craving. I'm committed now, no going back. Looking forward to throwing out any remaining smoking related stuff tomorrow." ... this reminds me that most of the cigerettes were actually like this, not like the glorified picture addodtion begins to paint in the head!
  2. Thanks Tyme, things are okay right now. Day 1 of work-stress week completed successfully :) After work yesterday, I bought a set of Molton Brown shower gels (thought I deserved a reward ;)). Today (although it's still early) I feel pretty good, relaxed and zen. It's amazing how bad craves come now and again, we ignore them, then we feel relaxed for a long time. After the storm comes the calm and all that.As a smoker I don't think I could manage natural relaxation for more than an hour. And as I commute to work right now, I wonder if I've ever had such a stress-free commute as a smoker! All good with you?
  3. I find it helpful that there are friendly people reaching for the same goal, all ex-smokers so can see from your perspective. I find the scare tatics of heath service all quite ineffective and patronising.
  4. Glad you're still on your journey One, I'm sure you'll reach your destination :) was it enjoyable as you expected, or was it an illusion all along?
  5. Congrats Laura :D
  6. Thank you all :) That helps a lot!! It's helpful just to write down the feelings rather than keep them stewing in my head :) Thanks again.
  7. Okay, so this isn't a fully blown SOS, but today I definitely have a negative shift in my thinking. I know a relapse is a planned event and not an accident, but I'm worried my subconscious - part of which still might fancy smoking a little - is beginning to make itself more heard. This week will be a series of stressful events... I'll be drinking alcohol for the first time since quit day, flatmates mother is visiting us for two weeks, at work we're moving office which - as IT department - will be a lot of hard work. My flatmate has stopped smoking, and I'm worried that if she screws up I'll use this as an excuse for me to join her. I know I don't really want to smoke. I know I already feel so much better having not smoked for 3 weeks. I know I'm saving a ton of money and that the reality is I'm more productive at work and life is so much more enjoyable. I guess my point is that I'm worried now more than ever about the potential to sleep walk into disaster. Rant over!!
  8. I think I would find that quite comical... wouldn't even entertain the idea of taking him/her seriously. Maybe ask where he/she got the scientific information from and why it's more substantial that years of evidence and many publications. Some people just have a degree in stupid don't they. When I smoked, I ignored the proven scientific evidence but I wasn't stupid enough to deny it was factually correct!
  9. Hi Tyme2B & welcome! Funny you should mention that you have a lot of discomfort on day 7, check this post I made a couple of weeks back: http://www.quittrain.com/topic/4259-discomfort-on-day-7/ ... I hope you find the advice as helpful as I did... and I can confirm that things get a lot better! Looking forward to hearing more about you in due course :)
  10. 14th January 2015. Almost a month :)
  11. Woop woop! Life is definitely better as a non-smoker. Enjoy :D
  12. Rob replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  13. Congrats!
  14. 10,000?! In about 10 months?!! That's scary!! Imagine for a second that you didn't make the decision to stop smoking; I bet that version of you would feel rubbish compared to how you're feeling now. I hope you're feeling feeling proud with your success, you deserve to be... And thanks Marti for your encouraging words on these forums as well, on my crazy intense starter days you've helped a lot.
  15. Hi Matthew, best of luck! I'm newish as well but this is a great and a very useful place when you're going through the quit process. Everyone has gone through it and can relate to anything you're feeling and help out. I listened to the Alen Carr audiobook and thought it was great :) I might listen to it again for a re-cap. Remember that every bad feeling is temporary :)
  16. Great post and a happy story! 40 in a day? Congratulations , what you've acheived is amazing.
  17. Oh my, thank you indeed - this has made my day!! :)
  18. Thanks all for the lovely messages! ... very!! Thanks Marti - good point indeed! My flatmate has also stopped smoking (4 days ago) so we've arranged to reward ourselves by going for meal after work tomorrow :)
  19. Hoorah, I've now stopped for two weeks. The process is a lot easier now that it was in week one. I've found myself walking a lot each morning and evening, and it actually feels enjoyable. Have less of the constant cravings, have more of the good feeling of being a non-smoker. Still have the occasional 'ooh, one more pack of Marlboro Red and then we can start this again', but I know that's a lie, and can dismiss those thoughts now quickly and happily. And the Alen Carr audiobook is amazing. Listening to the 'lose weight by Alen Carr' audiobook now to counter any weight gain. Hope it's as good...
  20. A confident NOPE!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.