Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gus

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gus

  1. 😯 @intoxicated yoda! 🤣
  2. So proud of you Quitting Girl! You’re doing great! Congratulations!
  3. 🤣 Reminds me of a comedian here that exaggerated or stressed his Brooklyn accent and their colloquialisms to the point of almost total incomprehension, but he was hilarious.
  4. @jillar Most of us kids would always get several whippings for fighting for a few days after watching a match. HaHa Nothing like a little blood sport!
  5. Me too, Yoda! Me too! It’s all fixed! Like politics! 😞
  6. 🤣 @Reciprocity! I can’t get past the Aussie accent enough to even understand the words that are being said much less understanding the meaning of any of them. Sorry. I do know crikey because of Steve Irwin though. Brit has always been pretty easy to figure out.
  7. My blood pressure shot up and I got all hyped up when you brought up the Ali and Frazier fights when responding to Linda @intoxicated yoda! I remember watching their last two fights on television when I was a young girl. It’s hard to believe that you could watch top title bouts on regular television back in the day. Free! LOL Cable ruined everything. Anyway, I checked and all three of their fights are on YouTube. As well as their in studio fight! 🙄 Also their fights with Foreman! I know how I’m spending the rest of my weekend. Watching the glory days of boxing. They just can’t fight like this these days. It’s not the same. Anyway, thanks for the reminder of an old passion of mine! 🤗
  8. Sad to see this Linda. I thought about you a couple of day ago. You and Kris. I wondered what you were up to. I missed the quotes you used to post for us almost daily. I remember you were having to deal with a lot off and on. You were having a rough time. But you fought through it all. You stayed quit and you helped Kris so much when she joined us. I know that you have it in you to quit again. I know that you are strong enough. I’ve witnessed it. I don’t know what caused you to dig up what you had buried thinking that it might help you deal with your issue, but I do know that you have it in you to bury it again. I’m thankful that you remembered us and are thinking about hopping back on the train with us. We are here for you, so toss those cigarettes and let’s get this done once and for ever!
  9. Girl! Look at you!!! Moving on into this last quarter of your first year quit. You have an amazing quit going. I hope you understand just how far you’ve come. How strong of a person you are. Don’t forget to reward yourself!
  10. @robin0212 Girl. I cried. I cried and cried. I had to switch pillows out so many times. I would get up and walk the backside of my property. Alone. Tears streaming down. I would stand in the shower for prolonged periods. Tears streaming down. Just crying. It got better. I got better. I still cry over things and sometimes over nothing. I’m a crier. Who knew? It draws attention. But it’s better than being noticed because of my smoking. Anything is better than that.
  11. Congratulations on your 4 months quit Robin!
  12. Welcome back Denali! 🤗
  13. I hope that you are well soon, Doreen!
  14. Congratulations on 8 years of NOPE!!! Your contributions here helped me so much during my initial quit! I hope that you rewarded yourself well!
  15. You’re doing great SP! I’m so proud of you!
  16. 10 years smoke free is awesome MQ! And thank you so much for the QT. I would not be quit without this place and the people who have been and continue to be a part of it.
  17. Gus replied to MLMR's topic in Introductions & About Us
    Ugh. Life’s changes. I’m sorry for your diagnosis. An anti inflammatory diet helps tremendously also.
  18. I ran across this article this morning and found it very interesting. At least I know why I could eat a pack of Oreos in one sitting now. Fricking Nicodemon scientist engineered them to be so totally irresistible, that’s why! So happy that I haven’t bought any in well over a year. I wonder just how bare my shelves would be if I threw out all of the foodstuffs in them that were made by tobacco owned companies? https://georgiastarnews.com/news/tobacco-company-owned-food-brands-more-tempting-than-competitors-addiction-study/tcsquare/2023/10/02/
  19. Gus replied to Cbdave's topic in Quit Smoking Discussions
    OMG If he’d have fanned those smokes in my face it would have been on! Floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee.
  20. LOL Yeah. Looks real enough to me and I do know some real dumbasses. If enough alcohol is involved, that is.
  21. Add my 36,935 to the fire! Note to self: Don’t hang around and play with it, you might get burned.
  22. Gus replied to MLMR's topic in Introductions & About Us
    Take care @MLMR! Take care to ground and strengthen yourself daily. Get up. Get out. Go forward. Baby steps if you’ve gotta. Then you come back here ready to take giant leaps and bounds to get this addiction done and gone for good. We will be here waiting. 🤗
  23. Congratulations on your 2 year quit @JustSomeGuy!
  24. Congratulations Stew! You are doing great!
  25. Congratulations @bakon! Celebrate!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.