Everything posted by Gus
-
Be prepared to be uncomfortable to be comfortable .
🤯 @Boo! 🙌
-
What are you doing right now
OMG! You need to start doing this for us at least every other weekend. My stomach is growling and my mouth is watering! I just finished my own pathetic meal too. HaHa Your photography is excellent by the way. You’re so talented. I’m just going to sit over here and drool for awhile. also, I overcook everything. I ruin everything I cook. I’m pathetic at cooking. I don’t know how my children survived me. LOL Thank you for your attention to detail and I do love those plates.
-
Depression and quitting smoking.
Soooo? Was it as delicious as it sounded it was going to be? Were you full to bursting and needing a nap afterward? Do tell!
-
Hi! I’m new.
Hello @Meow! I hope that all is well with you? We’d love to hear from you! 🤗
-
Be prepared to be uncomfortable to be comfortable .
Excellent. So true. Thank you. It’s hard. It’s so hard. And it hurts. Thank you for your honesty and for the pep talk!!!
-
Depression and quitting smoking.
🙌
-
G67 is Five Years Smoke Free!!!!
WooHoo! Five years?! Congratulations @G67! 🥳🥳🥳
-
Depression and quitting smoking.
Thanks for the advice @Doreensfree @jillar and @reciprocity You guy are the best! And @reciprocity please let us know how the duck turned out. 🤗
-
Depression and quitting smoking.
Hey Robbie! I had the same kind of day yesterday and to be honest I already feel the same way this morning. I will not say that I have the urge to smoke because I don’t. I am in a constant state of low tension and anxiety because of something that is happening in my life right now that I have absolute no control over. I am literally facing a giant wall with my hands balled into fists down at my sides and my forehead pressed into said wall trying to will it away. I don’t know what to do about this wall. It will eventually crumble and fall as all walls do. All I can do is stay on here and read the old posts. It’s reading the personal battles that help me most. I guess that all I can say is that you are not alone in this. You are not the only one facing this particular issue. So keep posting on here and if the only thing that keeps you from quitting your quit is that you know that one other person on this planet is feeling the exact same way as you are then that is enough and we can call it a day and hope for a better one tomorrow. 🤗
-
What are you doing right now
OMG! This sounds like it’s going to be delicious @reciprocity! I hope it turns out well! 😊
-
Know any funny jokes or quotes ..
- Thought for the day
Sorry for your loss @Opah 🙏🏻- I’m Baaaaaccck!!
Hello and welcome back!! Fairly new here but have found that it’s the place to be!- non-smoking DOGS
- Know any funny jokes or quotes ..
- Damm virus
🙌 YAY!!! Go! Go and live life Robbie! 😎 Speedy healing and enjoy yourself @Abby! 🤩- New member needs help.
This is great news! I’m glad that you are succeeding! Best of luck to you and remember that we are all here if you need us.- Anxiety and panic steals so much . What can we do .
All of the above is so true. We just gotta breathe. And keep breathing. We just gotta say NOPE and keep saying NOPE.- COPD and Smoking
Amen. Beautifully said.- What are you doing right now
I love this movie! Michael Keaton is 😎 🤩!- Damm virus
What a beautiful trip @reciprocity! Amazing photos! I’m glad that you got out and I can tell that you are! Hey @Robbie! Good to see that you are still surviving that wretched lockdown! 🤗- Know any funny jokes or quotes ..
- Non Smoking Cats
- Introsucktion
@MLMR Hi! I’m a relative newbie here. I’ve read through your in your face, honest quit thread and I think that you are amazing! So inspirational and I do hope to see you on here celebrating that three year quit!!! Sweet boots!!! 🤗- NRT
A day short of being 11 weeks quit from smoking. 7 days into being completely nicotine free. This is hard. It’s mental. I’ve been crying again for two days again because I don’t even know why half the time and the rest of the time it’s because of everything. I am physically worn out from keeping myself active because I can’t sleep. My mental state really is the worst and is what is bothering me the most because you just have to let it run it’s course. I’m hoping that at least by day 10, I will be presentable to the public. I had no idea that withdrawals from a 7mg patch would be so rough. Having gone through these withdrawals at each stage of my quit using nicotine replacement therapy via patches you may be wondering if I believe it was worth it because of the high levels of anxiety and depression I have gone through not once, but three times? (Remember I skipped the 21mg step 1 patches.) Yes. I do. For me. I can only imagine how bad it all could have been without the patches. I know without a doubt that it was the right decision for me. Just like I know that I would never survive another quit. Which is why I will never quit this quit. I can’t. I hope that anyone contemplating a quit really sits down and thinks it through. Plan it. Know your limits. Set some goals and follow through. Join this forum. Stay close. Oh so close. ✌️ - Thought for the day
Important Information
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.