Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

jillar

Moderators
  • Joined

Everything posted by jillar

  1. Hi TobacNo, welcome to the train and congratulations on taking back your life I smoked since high school too and continued for the next 35 years so if I can quit so can you Joining a forum imo is why I was able to succeed and I hope you find the same to be true because no one knows what we go through when quitting better than a group of fellow ex smokers right?!
  2. Lmao @reciprocity, our paper hyped them up like they were comparable to the Blue Angels or air force Thunderbirds. https://santamariatimes.com/news/local/snowbirds-demonstration-team-to-soar-over-santa-maria-during-central/article_b8324be8-dab4-5c2d-abed-fcb0d3f3662b.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1
  3. Obviously you were not the Canadian equivalent of a boy scout @reciprocity because if you were one you would have learned there are many ways to start a fire without a lighter or match. Or you could just watch an episode of Naked and Afraid How do they get a deer to cross at the yellow road sign?
  4. @notsmokinjo, The Snowbirds Demonstration Team (431 Squadron) is a Canadian icon comprised of serving members of the Canadian Forces. According to our newspaper they only choose one place a year in California to perform and they picked us.
  5. They ask that because asking if the carpet matches the drapes would lead to lawsuits Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?
  6. And in other news, I was craving a Klondikes pepperoni and pineapple pizza with white sauce so imagine my surprise when I called to place my order and found out that today they were having a special. They rolled back their prices to 1988! Got a small for $6.00, woohoo!!!!
  7. @reciprocity thinking of you because I just read today that our city will be hosting the Canadian Snowbirds next month. I'm looking forward to their show
  8. jillar replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    You're already paying it forward My life, each time you update your thread
  9. Oh, I get it now. Doesn't take me long...…. lol
  10. Try putting a period instead of a comma, that should do the trick I.e. 9.20 instead of 9,20
  11. drown a fish? lol
  12. Looks good Nik, just need to fix the money lol
  13. At the top of the page you'll see the tab for ticker (it's easier to see if you use the desktop site as opposed to mobile site). Click on the tab, fill out your quit info and then click save at the bottom of the page. That will bring up the ticker choices. Choose which you like and then copy the code, go to your account settings and signature will be on the left hand side. Click that and paste the code in your signature
  14. Welcome Nik, those are all great reasons to quit And you almost have day 1 done already, how cool is that?! If you want more inspiration you may want to consider getting yourself a ticker for your signature. You can watch all the time, money and cigs not smoked add up AND it will show you what you stand to lose if you cave to a crave!
  15. Yea, I think all of us smoked more when we were drinking then felt the effects of it the next day. And still needed to light up, hangover, ashtray mouth and all ? Aren't we glad those days are over?!!!
  16. Yay Christa, that is HUGE!!
  17. Welcome Matt and congratulations on taking back your life
  18. Those are great jo, Brigid is going to love them
  19. LOVE, and NEED this! lol
  20. @Rozuki with those temperature's are you sure you want to shut it down already? Sounds like it could still come in handy We're still hot over here too. In fact, some of our best weather is our Indian Summers that are here till about the first of November
  21. That looks delish jo
  22. I can't draw or paint either so I'm out but I'll gladly vote at the polls
  23. I have to say that that does deserve a gold star since you say you hate pizza. (I still find that hard to believe lol)
  24. Isn't it the same way in offline life?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.