Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

notsmokinjo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by notsmokinjo

  1. notsmokinjo replied to Sazerac's topic in Socializing
    Oh you wicked shit .... and we were called you the Iris killer and you were just havin a lend... or are you concerned you are now on some government watch list and your trying to save face.
  2. Hey Fab, remember when you took your plane trip... how frickin far have you come since then??? Bloody awesome work.. I was real worried then that we might loose our Bris Vegas connection but mate (no pun intended) you came through with flyin colours and at that time I went, you know what, I think Fab's got this... we'll be Lido decking for him for sure... Half way there mate, half way there. No no pressure or nuthin, but KTQ, you don't wanna make me look like a mug do ya?
  3. Is it the same someone who tends the national unicorn herd?
  4. um no... snags are cylindrical... like tube shapes.....definately not square.... how do you get a square sausage?
  5. You have square sausages??????
  6. Hey CanDo ... twenty hours mate... well done.
  7. 19 hours and 10 minutes. Great idea giving the FIL your keys. What about watching funny shit on You Tube... laughing releases endorphins. UM.... I know some people take a sleeping pill or the night time cold and flu tablets in the first few days to get some reprieve. Not sure where in the world you are. The early days are hard work mate, not going to sprinkle sugar over it.. and it used to piss me off completely when people further down the road would tell me it gets better and how great they felt... drove me insane... but we say that shit to give you hope... because it does get better and easier... in time. Oh look 19hrs and 20 minutes.... you are nearly at the 1 day mark, 24 hours. Most people here have posted about moments when they felt like you do now. I know I have had a few. Have you written a list of the reasons you want to quit? Maybe you could start that. Actually I just noticed something really positive about your statement... you said "I want.." NOT "I Need..."... guess what, even if it was subconsciously you just won the 2nd battle... (battle one choosing to quit)... you know you don't need one, that its a want and you can control that. You have the power over that.
  8. notsmokinjo replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -20 ... tada.... there you go Princess Fluffy
  9. What's the deal with Scotland and triangles? Scottish Triangle Oatcakes Caerlaverock Castle The Great Wee Triangle war of July 2018
  10. notsmokinjo replied to Jimmyss's topic in Games
    True... at full volume and most definitely off key. TNP sings in the shower
  11. Let It All Hang Out - The Hombres Where is the best place to relax?
  12. Bearskin rug
  13. If it helps we are all different people, with different approaches to quitting... look for the positive posts that resound with you and take from them what you need. I don't always agree with or (if I am completely honesty) appreciate the advice I receive from others, especially at the time... and then down the track, something will happen and I will see a comment that rubbed me the wrong way weeks or months ago in a different light and I will have an ahh moment... and then there are some statements or opinions that I will never gel with. The things is we are all individuals and all have different approaches to life, we can't control or dictate what another will say or do... but we can filter what we get for what is good and helpful for us and focus on that. Not all comments you received to your initial post were bad surely. Focus on what was good and work with that. Whatever you decide to do, only you have the power to make that decision... we will be here to support you when you need.
  14. Welcome Rory... the more the merrier. Has your friend signed up yet? Being on the boards is so very helpful, especially in the early, early days. I am so glad a joined a support group, it really had made an enormous difference to my quit. The support from my fellow quitters, the shared experiences and knowing I wasn't alone, having somewhere to cry for help when it was getting hard and witnesses to my NOPE pledge have been invaluable.
  15. Wot sorta Scotts are you two? No bagpipes?
  16. Hope all is well in your corner of Aus C. Hello stranger... hope all is well with you and yours, great to see you back in the NOPE.
  17. ^^ We say tinny (tin-ee)... that tinny bitch won tatts (lotto) twice. Knackered ... worn out, tired, exhausted.... "That was hard yakka taday an I totally knackered" .... "That was hard work today and I am very tired"
  18. I couldn't laugh at this because the tiger thing is so sad. But this ^^ very funny ?
  19. notsmokinjo replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    Against protocol
  20. In for a penny, in for a pound
  21. ^^^ So @Sslip how many calves are there in London... these must be pretty rare. So I am really loving this game at the moment with all the history stuff.. I am learning so much history I never knew... heaps of fun, ay.
  22. ^^ Ooo samesies here too Weegie. In like Flynn .... to be quick to take up a challenge.. or to be quickly successful at an endeavour or something is a sure thing (particularily sexual)... ie... The new machine came on line and Baz was in like Flynn to get the training... or.... Kezza's a bit sweet on Wayneo so all he'll ave ta do is show a bit of interest and he'll be in like Flynn.
  23. Congratulations @Paul723 for being smoke free for 5 years. Well done on keeping your quite for 5 whole years despite all the stresses and temptations life has thrown you way over this time. You are an inspiration to all of us coming behind you. I know celebrating is probably the furthest thing from your mind at the moment with everything happening at home but make sure you pause for a moment, and acknowledge your wonderful achievement and even if its just something small spoil yourself today because you deserve it. Bravo for staying the course and staying strong.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.