Everything posted by notsmokinjo
-
Chrissy Fare.... what's Christmas Food for you?
Um not sure...shredded coconut is like dried strip's of coconut pretty sure it's not sweetened....looking for a pic to share. So down here it's unsweetened but you could use sweetened.
-
Chrissy Fare.... what's Christmas Food for you?
Um not sure...shredded coconut is like dried strip's of coconut pretty sure it's not sweetened....looking for a pic to share.
-
Chrissy Fare.... what's Christmas Food for you?
Vietnamese coleslaw.... finely shredded cabbage and carrott (or greated carrot), thinly sliced spring onion, shredded left over roast chook (or Quorn substitute, or a shredded steamed chicken breats or prawns), julienne cucumber, coriander leaves (optional), toss together with a little bit of Vietnamese salad dressing... I get this one from...Coles or Woolies in the Asian section, the brand is Pandaroo. Coconut Coleslaw....is finely shredded cabbage, carrott, finely sliced capsicum strips, toasted shredded coconut (just chuck a handful in a frypan and toss until golden), grilled Pineapple chunks (I do them in a pan with a sprinkle of allspice and paprika then when they are a bit browned I chuck in a splash of rum and glaze until all the rum has cooked off)....once Pineapple is cooled toss together and add lemon or lime juice and a crack of pepper.
-
Chrissy Fare.... what's Christmas Food for you?
So our Christmas is a bit traditional Irish and then a totally multicultural free for all...there are cold roast chook and ham off the bone platters, salads, seafood and then a mishmash of many other cultures thrown in with Christmas pudding and truffle a must. So Sunday is my mums side of the family Christmas. We go to a park in a country town and bring a couple of plates (think pot luck)...stuff our faces....so being on the world's crappiest diet I'm taking food I can eat...this year that will be.... Thai prawn and rice salad Coconut Coleslaw or Vietnamese (coleslaw haven't decided yet) My mum is taking a fruit platter so I'll take desserts I can't eat Sicilian Orange Cake Coconut Ice
-
Holly Jolly Songs
Here's an Aussie one just for Little Miss... hmm... maybe not....
-
Holly Jolly Songs
So you northern types might need a translation on some of this....
-
What are you doing right now
Cleaning vomit from my daughters shoes and cloths.
-
Holly Jolly Songs
^ oh those are our boys.... I once was a backup dancer for them a gazillion years ago for a single gig....back when they were Human Who??? ....benefit of going to catholic school run by Mary McKillop nuns. Meanwhile, back below the boarder I was listening to these guys....
-
Name 8 Things Most People Have...
8. Potato's In ya sport kit
-
Name 8 Things Most People Have...
6. Vegemite (we'll down her at least)
-
Chrissy Fare.... what's Christmas Food for you?
Oh so happy you will all be together this Chrissy @Cbdave .... your choccie moose and cream sounds great and I'll be having a go, will probably use monkfruit to sweeten or skip the water and sugar substitute and use maple syrup. The coconut cream would give it a choccie crackle flavour but if you chucked in some raspberries it would be a lamination moose...super excited to play with this. Peaches on dads tree aren't quiet ready yet but looking good fir a bumper crop this year and the ones from the farm in Bacchus have been super juicy.
-
Chrissy Fare.... what's Christmas Food for you?
@Gus I'm loving your new tradition. We have a trophy at Christmas, well 2....me mums side of the family has a trophy for the egg and spoon race. Me dads family has one for limbo....what hope for normality did I have.
-
Chrissy Fare.... what's Christmas Food for you?
There's gunna be recipies, of course, but the two foods I most associate with Christmas are cherries and mangos.... no chrissy table is complete without a bowl of fresh cherries and a fruit platter with lots of mango. So what foods signal Christmas to you. @Cbdave makes a ripper truffle that he shared the recipe for... I made it and now it's a big favourite with my mob too.
-
Name 8 Things Most People Have...
7. Avocados
-
Holly Jolly Songs
- Holly Jolly Songs
When you live down under Christmas is usually hot, summery and well there just ain't no bloody snow.... so my Chrissy pressie to you mob this year is Aussie Chrissie songs or Chrissie songs sung by Aussies.....- Name 8 Things Most People Have...
3. Mangos- I have cravings for nicotine gums , What should i do ?
Wad popping in to suggest some normal sugar free gum too.- New Zealand to Lead the Way...!!!!!
Love this for the Kiwi's, and think the way they are phasing it in is clever. So if you are 14 or under, it will never be legal for you to purchase smokes. The kiwi's are often the global trend setters for new social norms, first in the world to give women the vote now this. Tipping my mob will adopt this soon, we already have probative pricing, now in some states you need a medical prescription to buy a vape....looking forward to us copying the kiwi's lead on this one.- Friday 10th December 2021
On the day me Kiwi cousins make smoking illegall.... it's 100% NOPE, NOPE, NOPITY NOPE!- Post a Song you Like
- Post a Song you Like
FRIDEE....- Post a Song you Like
FOR Thursday.. Remeberance Day..- Post a Song you Like
Wednesdee... Daddy Cool....- Concert
First non-parent gig... Guns N Roses.. supported by Skid Row and Rose Tattoo 1993 at Calder Park...omg security frickin confiscated our block out, I still have faint scaring on my nose from the sunburn...Skid Row stole the fricken show. Followed up a month later with Jimmy Barnes at the Torquay Footy Ground...supported by Kings of the Sun and The Screaming Jets. - Holly Jolly Songs