Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

c9jane29

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by c9jane29

  1. I lift you and your friend to the Lord, Linda Thomas. There is strength in numbers and we are here for you!! Many hugs and many loves and maybe a stick or 2
  2. I promised Jillar I'd see her on the lido deck around 4mons into my quit and I made good on it!! You can too!!
  3. c9jane29 replied to MLMR's topic in Off The Record
    I could hug you right now!! Yes!! Embrace! The! Quit!!!!
  4. Yes, around the 4-5 month mark. I had mentioned to my family of smokers that it was my quitiversary and my sister responded, "We knowwww you tell us all the time." Shot to the heart. I was confused that they had already stopped supporting me. But, now I understand that it's their own addiction that keeps them from being happy for me. What helped was being a part of a community of quitters that would celebrate with me because they truly understood! Refreshing! I went thru alot of personal stuff early in my quit. Stuff that could have broke a weak person, but during that time I learned that I'm strong.
  5. Well, now you know alcohol and birthdays are triggers; please stay away from both!! I'm glad you realized that a birthday isn't any excuse to forget about quitting. This time we commit to the quit! we embrace the quit! we love the quit! This quit is the one that will save your life.
  6. Everyday a little progress! Education and mindset were a big part of gaining control for me. The more educated I became about my addiction, the more I understood the head games of addiction and could confront junkie thoughts head on instead of cowering. It's a good feeling, take pride, stand on your front porch and scream to the world "I QUIT SMOKING!" because that's how good you should feel!!
  7. That's what I'm sayin!! Who cares? We all love a party and we all love MQ for what he's given us so I have no problems throwing him a party any day!!
  8. Some of y'all waking up is like yikes!!!
  9. Yes! @notsmokinjo...It got...weird. I don't really know those guys too well, but...I'm interested!
  10. Oh, the sleep! How I missed it! I couldn't force it and standard OTC pills made me...weird: sick, brain fog, worse than quitting did. I just rode it out and would take a couple of 2hr naps at night if that's what it took. You will find your groove Pumpkin! ETQ!
  11. Cheat brain is the worst!! I'm glad you stuck with it! Even one day is more than most still smokers...it will get easier and the constant thoughts do stop; I promise. Just keep redirecting your thoughts to NOPE. Take care of yourself and make time for breaks so you do not get overwhelmed.
  12. I made some cockies that would go great with that!! @MLMR I'm sorry was just a joke! I'll lay off but please remember I'm a Texas squirrel...all we know is corn, corn, corn
  13. Is there a Kmom? Kfriendwithbenefits? Drive out somewhere with an open sky and watch the sunset... Getting frisky is good cheap fun? One reward at my house was moving a 2nd tv to the living room so me and husband could co-op on xbox one games. I regret it to this day but I do love the time we spend together. Milk shakes? My motto is: "Try something new"
  14. @MLMR is confused because all Holland turkeys have big carrots?
  15. Congratulations on your decision to quut smoking for good! It's the best thing you could ever do for yourself! If you've been reading around here then you know I'm going to tell you to learn all you can about nicotine addiction; there is lots of good info pinned at the top of each board. These first few days are tricky, but do-able! Be prepared for "cravings" and down time associated with quitting--these pass but are hell on wheels the first week! Happy you are here!! And, if you get a chance pop by the celebrations board, it's the site creators 5 years smoke free party today and every one is invited!!
  16. Yea! Kdad!! Remember to reward your hard work: fancy beer, new socks doesn't have to be something big but know you ARE worth it!
  17. ***Congrats MQ!! Thank you!***
  18. Good morning! For me the easiest part was the "click" and understanding that everything I thought smoking was doing for me was a placebo effect caused by excited nicotine receptors anticipating my drug use. The dopamine dump at the first inhale is what most smokers are "craving" (If you remember, the rest of it tasted like butt) You have to get that dopamine from something else...so, REWARDS are the easiest part?
  19. Please do not be hard on yourself because a quit will never work if it comes from a dark place. I live around a few cronic quitters and it seems defeating and exausting but...everyone makes their own choices, you know? You have to change your mindset and figure out what hole smoking is filling up for you. (Most smokers are trying to fill depression/ anxiety) and fill it in another way. You have to separate your quit from all of that. Your quit is your baby so no matter how you *feel*: you don't feed a baby cigarettes.
  20. Looking good!! When's the party?
  21. You just don't want to...smoke?? anymore? Of course you have emotions!! You are finally able to have feelings without numbing them, how exciting! 3 days, 3 weeks, and the 3 month mark are times in the quit when junkie thinking starts creeping in because you can "justify" quitting your quit at this point. "Oh, it hasn't even been a month yet?" "No one really cares if I quit." "Well, I can try again soon." These are lies, lies, lies that dying receptors will tell you so you will feed them drugs again. These moment make your quit...do you want it bad enough to fight for it? It's your life in the gamble.
  22. @Linda Thomas I almost forgot!! i found these for you to "stick" (see what I did there) up in your RV:
  23. Had a birthday like that once...
  24. I don't even know how you got this pic!! Man, I look GOOD in green!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.