Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Still winning

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Still winning

  1. Can I wait a couple of days for mine, everyone is crook here!
  2. Brilliant job Pippa!! 10 months smoke free is just the start of a wonderful healthier/richer life for you. So pleasedfor you. xx
  3. Fab!! Wish I were braver and I would have more :) Would love to see when finished too. Was there a significance to alice in wonderland or you just liked it? x
  4. Still winning posted a blog entry in Marti's Blog
    Argument today, with my Mum. Waited for the trigger and it didn't happen!! I wondered if I would think about smoking .. actually what I thought is smoking won't help at all here and genuinely meant it. Broke a trigger!!! Sadly this just means there are too many arguments around me all the time :( but still chuffed this is not a trigger now.
  5. SOS

    Still winning replied to Evelyn's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    I am so pleased you held on. x
  6. That sounds rubbish. How you feeling now? I can't believe you've already been for a swim this time of a sunday though, good healthy work!!
  7. Still winning replied to Evelyn's topic in Off The Record
    That's sad Stu, hope that scotch was nice, I hate when people let you down. x Sue, wait till they go to sleep and sneak them back. I can imitate a ninja now returning kids to bed - I figure if they can sneak in, I can sneak em out again ;) x
  8. Some time to herself, or at least the option of it is priceless. x
  9. I needed that giggle this morning :)
  10. SOS

    Still winning replied to Evelyn's topic in The S.O.S. Board
    I see you've gone but in case you come back, you sit tight!! Run yourself a lovely bubble bath, or go for a walk, we never crave when we are doing physical exercise so get a fitness/yoga/whatever ya fancy program lined up for bad craves. other ideas, click your fingers, shout nope, nope shuffle, hard boiled sweet/candy, put on your music or music channel tv and bust a groove dancing. Do not smoke!! Certainly do not smoke for boredom!! Plan a new hobby that you can spend your no smoking money on. ((evelyn)) any time you feel like this wrap your arms around you and imagine it's us giving you a hug...and do not smoke. xx
  11. Utterly fabulous!! Feeling a bit tearful for you tbh, bet it's an amazing feeling to have that 1 week milestone. Now hold the "f" on lol. Brilliant work, massive congrats. xx
  12. Is being supportive a personality trait for you, or something related to friends here?
  13. have a greatbirthday while you're away. x
  14. Yes that's what I meant. Calorie control AND exercise, just wondered which was best fat burner in tandem with diet control.
  15. Maybe this is normal, I honestly don't know. If I brought something to your quit buddy then that's all good and ya know, your welcome an all...but I'm a bit bemused lol. It all sticks another nail in the quit coffin though, just another thing I refuse to go through again and why this quit will stick. x
  16. This one I related too, 44 is close to my age and I can't begin to imagine http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Kim.html I lay my determination for my quit at this lady's story though, wow. My actual age and she was gone, through smoking http://whyquit.com/whyquit/A_Deborah.html
  17. My earlier responses have gone. I do think I take too many calories. However, since not smoking I get REALLY frikkin grumpy if I'm hungry! I don't think I ever ate healthy, I'm not even sure what that would look like - I guess probably what I feed the kids lol. I am still unsure what sort of exercise would produce the best results. I find I now prefer the more chilled out ones like pilates and some tone based yoga. I can do leaping around but I struggle for energy after a day with the kids and only have an hour in the daytime to myself 4 days a week during the day. Then one lunacy exercise, this week was combat cardio. I got sick for now, but will go back to it as soon as I feel well. Will look up that fitness app, thank you. Thanks to those who've confirmed they feel the same. There is strength in knowing I'm not alone in these thoughts. I'd already stacked on some pounds before I quit, I had about 4 left to lose, only to whack on another 11lbs! I literally don't fit into my clothes!! My fella said he'd take me out and buy me some new bits, but I'm not frikkin barbie, I want my clothes to fit! So the last two days I have shaved a quarter of a portion off each meal. Hoping this helps. Maybe I ought to consider that little and often eating rather than meals?
  18. Laura, I'm really sorry for you. Sucks to relapse. The thing that stopped that cycle for me was education. Like you are doing I hit up the learning what smoking related illness looks like!! I do not want my children to have to see that for me, or look after me!! whyquit.com has some proper horror stories, early quit I read one a day, often breaking my heart crying as I did. I just believe I always had the will to quit, but not the knowledge to stay quit - you sound similar. I hope that helps you to know someone else has been where you are, close but not there - that's just my experience though, do what works for you. xx
  19. Thank you guys. Both for the answer but also the honesty, it's a personal thing emotions isn't it. I won't smoke again, no matter the wobble. In the end, I don't want to and I won't do this quit again, and it's always a choice for myself. That said, this emotional thing is a tough gig for me. My triggers are still spread across quite a wide net so this often feels a bit of a minefield still. Not at like it was early days, different kinda hard and strange at times. It takes me a while to meditate so I tried and failed to kinda replace smoking with that...no go. So in a nutshell, this emotion is here to stay and I need to find a better way to "be" with it.
  20. congrats petra, really pleased to see this :) 10 months is amazing!! xx
  21. Thank you. I literally feel overly sad (in my opinion) about any given thing. Like my mum will smoke, it's a trigger, I deal with that and then get left with the emotion of this will make her copd worse and then that takes me into what will become and how bad will it be and yada yada, rather then stopping at the initial stage and thinking - I own my stuff. My weight was high, I spent 2 days wondering how I will cope and upset. Only to bounce back out of it and think, well diet then. Literally I am not fixed on one thing. I just think where I would have walked away and had a cig to think on it...That's missing. Will it always be missing?
  22. I'm not that funny, oops. However I have just lit a candle and sent my energy to your goodlady wife and asked for angel healing. xx

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.