Everything posted by Reciprocity
-
Confessions
I spent an hour at the dentist today and I let her put her tool in my mouth
-
Where are all the sticks gone
- What are you doing right now
Just finished BBQ Peach halves w/French Vanilla Ice Cream & Whip Cream, topped with sprinkle of cinnamon.- chicks or sticks
-10 (sorry .... random stick here)!- Non Smoking Bunnies
I have a T-Shirt that says the same thing but it's a picture of a lobster with a pot on it's head - lol! Goes over well when I get stopped by the cops while driving 😱- NRT's
I'm not as hard line on this as Sazerac, although I understand her stance and respect it. In my mind there's the nicotine addiction issue and to get past that clearly you have to stop putting nicotine into your body but, weening completely off nicotine can wait for those who feel they can not quit cold turkey (I was a cold turkey quitter, by the way). The biggest hurdle to me in quitting is your day to day life habitual smoking routine. Whether you smoke cigs or vape, it's the "garb a smoke" reaction to so many daily life events that is the hardest thing to get past and takes the longest period of time to reconstruct your life. I get the fact that some may want to soften the early quit challenges by continuing to feed nicotine via a properly controlled NRT program. It has clearly worked for some, as has prescription medication such as Zyban and whatever else that's called. I do believe that stopping the flow of nicotine ASAP is also a requirement but just not at the very start of one's quit. What concerns me more than the patch programs are these gums, sprays and lozenges. Those items seems like candy to me. Therefore, more difficult for people to control the dosage plus the temptation to combine any number of NRT's without appropriate medical consultation. Too many want to believe there's a magic bullet out there somewhere that will eliminate the hard work aspect of quitting and that's just not the case. No question, there are potential issues with NRT's but they have done a lot of quitters a service and continue to do so if used appropriately.- Retailers Doing What Government Won't!
Many retailers have taken or are taking steps to protect their customers by halting sales of e-cigarette devices and products. Never thought I would be applauding Wal-Mart but .... well deserved applause 👏 https://www.nbcnews.com/health/vaping/walmart-stop-selling-e-cigarettes-amid-national-outbreak-vaping-illnesses-n1057056#targetText=The memo%2C which Walmart confirmed,continue to sell tobacco cigarettes.- chicks or sticks
Ahhhh ....... those were the days -2- chicks or sticks
-2 Chicks! This is like ...........- QUITTING
Welcome Jessi and as others have already said, stay active here as that will help you along through the early days especially. I too went cold turkey. Seems a lot of us here did. In any case, whatever your method it still comes down to commitment and some hard work to get there but it's very doable- Grim Vaping Data CDC 9/19.
Numbers seem unclear on what is being vaped in these cases. There are general comments that seem to indicate the majority of cases involve the vaping of THC or CBD products while others include these plus nicotine products while only some include nicotine products only. When you start looking at vaping of cannabis products, likely bought on the street from a local dealer, who knows for sure what's in it. Certainly not tested and approved by anyone yet all cases involve vaping vs any other delivery system so clearly the vape process plays a role here. It's gonna be very difficult to figure out what the culprit is here with so many potential variables. I agree with @notsmokinjo though. After what the world has gone through with tobacco products over the past 50 years, why not error on the side of caution when something like this comes along. Maybe they fear driving people back to cigarettes if they were to ban vape devices even temporarily?- chicks or sticks
- What are you doing right now
Watch out Sugar Britches 😱- Post a Song you Like
R.I.P. Ric Ocasek 😞- Food variety
Oh Lord! There IS beets and pineapple on those burgers 🧐 Who'd have thunk eh?- Made to my first month smokefree!
How are you doing @Sos77?- Food variety
I eat nothing with the word "Mite" in it!- chicks or sticks
Oh my ..... that's never happened before 😏 -6- Food variety
Pretty sure there's no food product with "mite" in it's name anywhere in North America. Why is that?- Wednesday 18th September 2019
Nope!- chicks or sticks
- Food variety
With your new and improved palate ..... who knows what's possible 😎- What are you doing right now
No issues???- Respiratory Illness from Vaping Arrives in Canada!
So far all the reported illnesses and deaths have been in the USA. Apparently, no longer! https://globalnews.ca/news/5917942/middlesex-london-health-unit-youth-vaping-illness/- Food variety
Not sure about the beets on a hamburger? Never heard of that one. I suppose you could put pretty much anything on a burger and it would taste great - What are you doing right now