Everything posted by sharonsiff
-
Day two on champix/chantix
Wendy, you know what stopped me reaching for a cig in the first 6/7 months? It was doing this every single day. On crappy days, on feeling fabulous days, and on nearly crying days. It gave me (and four others who had similar journeys) a totally safe place to express our true, raw feelings on how we felt each day. We had a laugh too and it turned into a bit of a Bridget Jones diary... It got all of us through and we still keep in touch via email to this day. So glad you're doing this That's great that you are not feeling light headed today Wendy. As you say the feeling might be it going to work on your brain. At least now, via the Stop Smoking Clinic, you can ask her about that. Do you go every week to see her?
- Presidential Motorcade
-
Oneistoo's Quit Journal
I can tell your serious about this quit and I am going to look forward to you daily (hopefully) updates and to be part of this exciting experience with you. I don't meditate but do practice very deep breathing and find it a godsend. As you say not to be hijacked anymore, and to be totally in the 'real you' mode is simply heaven.
-
The First "No Thank You"
Good for you Rooster... Very sensible choice.
-
Runfree has 3 weeks!!!
Congratulations to you, well done xx
-
Oneistoo's Quit Journal
I had exactly the same thing happen too.. My mind and lack of understanding of how to manage it caused me problems too. I turned to a book, The Chimp Paradox by Dr Steve Peters and my mind is simply my good friend and not my enemy anymore. I'm not saying the book will be your sort of thing but if you do get a spare five minutes check it out. It was a case of following the doctors advise and taking anti depressants or giving this book a damm good go... I went for the book and it has turned my life around.
-
Cosmetic Chit Chat
I've finally cracked how to use the 3D mascara! Remember I said I have short, pale lashes? Check out how the mascara works it magic!
-
The Stalker
I have made a list of all the shows you recommend and I am looking forward to finding, and getting into them. If you think of anymore don't hesitate to let me know ;) I struggled too with the new doctor. My problem was this- grumpy and cranky is fine, in fact it can be extremely humorous to me but I never felt any underlying humour... So he just comes across as a grumpy old man, with no warmth. The end of the Christmas special has me warming to him, slightly... So fingers crossed next season they warm him up slightly. If I want to watch cold, grumpy people I have a few relatives I could skype :) don't need to see it, by choice, on my TV.
-
Petra has 18 months!
Good stuff! I hope you treat yourself to something nice today xx
-
Day one on Champix/Chantix
You've made a mental and physical start now Wendy.. Good stuff ;) Report how you feel every day, if you can. No doubt it will keep you on track and no doubt inspire a lurker. Xx
-
Oneistoo's Quit Journal
The good news is it only lasted fours days when I had this happen. I was in the same boat, still using nicotine, yet had an extremely uncomfortable bout of quitters flu through the chemical smoke detox. The even better news... As I always think there is good news... Is that once your body gets over this you will never, ever!, have to ever do this again... And feel like this again. Try and make yourself as comfortable as you can, drift in and out of sleep if you can. Just think in a few days you will be over the chemical detox and as pleased as punch. Xx
-
Post a Song you Like
- Gabby has 7 months!
This is fabulous news.. Job well done Gabby :)- JClark got 2 weeks whoohoo
Fabulous news, good stuff :)- Chat party! Friday 01/09/2015 @ 8PM
This sounds exciting but unfortunately my girls have a friend over and have committed myself to a few games of Uno. Hope you all have a great time and inbetween the rounds of games I will try to pop it... Would be lovely to actually live chat to you good folk xx- The Stalker
I love the banter between Carl and Ricky, just my twisted sense of humour... ;) I use to enjoy when Carl would make reference to his partner, Suzzane. He is a great TV personality and I think it's taking too long for them to make a new series. Yes the lady who plays the mum, in The Middle, does a fantastic job. I go from relating to her and then bursting out laughing at the situations she ends up in... Good chemistry with the gentleman who plays hubby too. It just works doesn't it? Dr Who Christmas special was very enjoyable. It made me feel like I can now finally connect to this Dr as he displayed traits of both kindness and regret. I won't say too much more just in case you haven't seen it yet. Although Matt was a great Dr and I was sad to see him go my favourite was David Tennant. I enjoyed the Rose Tyler love story very much then he took me in a different direction with the comedy of having Catherine Tate (love her!) and her grandad. I often watch the repeats when I'm ironing over the weekend. I forgot another fabulous show from the BBC.. The Royle Family... Hilarious!- Oneistoo's Quit Journal
Hiya Oneistoo and welcome. So sorry I don't know where the picture is, I think I know the one you mean but my scatty mind just can't place where it is. Hopefully you or someone else will find it soon.- I screwed up ... again ...
Wendy how did you get on today?- Is this possible
It's normal Evelyn and keeping very busy, getting a sweat on, speeds up it not becoming the new normal. I tell you something else that helped me no end, just changed everything... I get up and write down everything I want to achieve that day. I keep it realistic and plan plenty of things. Crossing off each task as it's done kills two birds with one stone as it keeps me on track and keeps me completely focused.. And happy hormones flood my body when I cross off a job done. Can't recommend it enough :)- If You Quit Smoking Right Now
Try and do a little extra excersise each day... Does help. Even if it means walking up and down stairs constantly while your favourite song is playing. Surprising how getting a sweat on boosts your energy. Well done on day 5 :)- My 1st nicotine fix
I was 13, school bus and was allowed to sit on the back seat with the older kids. Took one to fit in... what a very silly Billy! So I tolerated the coughing and dizzy feeling for a week or two then was hooked, all to fit in.- How to prevent a relapse
What I like, very much, about this post is that if someone (like me) had read Allen Carr numerous times but still felt the urge it shows you that you're ok and it can be perfectly normal. I wish I'd have had this post to read many years ago as I would have cracked on, head down, instead of thinking well I must be a special snowflake who can't quit because I still don't feel that peace and excitement that I thought was a given. This deserves to be pinned if you ask me.- Storm is predicted for tomorrow
Lee has had a few weather warning via text, from the Met office ( he works for UK power net work) so it does seem that it is very likely. Keep safe guys....- The Stalker
I haven't seen Grim so will look out for that one DD. Modern Family... The best! I love it how they, every so often, talk or look directly at the camera. Like you it is so hard for me to pick a favourite as they are all so well acted. Gloria really does make me laugh so much though and so is so damm beautiful! We love that in our house and look forward to 8:30pm Monday when it's on. Have heard about The Big Bang theory and it's something I think would appeal to us very much. We enjoy The Middle, what with Sue Heck and Brick, so we'll acted. In the UK I recommend The Office Gavin & Stacey Out Numbered They are my all time favourite ones... All BBC Derek I loved that too. Have you ever watched Carl Pilkington on Idiot Abroad? He is from my neck of the woods and I know people like him! ..lol. He you haven't seen him check him out... Bloody brilliant! One of my favourites used to be Will & Grace... I was gutted when that finished. Not a lot on our end tonight and nothing on the planner till all my favourite crime shows come back so I think it will be the Dr Who Christmas special for us. Just remembered another BBC must watch, if you can get it, Happy Valley...omg! Seriously it was brilliant and I think it has been nominated for an award.- American Horror Story: Freakshow
Oh yes DD I've seen him before and know who you mean now... Oh you lucky thing! Although have just checked the planner and we have lift off next Tuesday, here in the UK... Can't wait! - Gabby has 7 months!