Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

sharonsiff

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sharonsiff

  1. That was a good one liner Chrysalis..made me laugh ;) So very true...
  2. A warm welcome to you Runfree. Just think you will start the New Year as a non smoker :)
  3. Thank you :) Yes, I really do enjoy spending the small amount each month. I used to never spend money on treats for myself when I smoked, felt too quilty as I could barely afford the cigarettes, let alone real treats. Guilt free spending is very good for my soul... ;)
  4. Here... :)
  5. Since I stopped smoking I treat myself and budget around £30 a month on a new cosmetic item, or two. That would be what I would have wasted on 3 days worth of cigarettes! Oh my life, when I even write it I can't believe I actually use to do that...still, at least now I have the money to treat myself and it's guilt free and gives me so much pleasure. I love to read up on products and then spend time on you tube watching people's reviews of said products, has become a hobby I really enjoy. So far my top 5 purchases are.... Benefits Hoola bronzer..amazing product. It's Matt so it looks natural on my skin and it has brown tones so no orange humpalumpa tones. Money well spent Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette....Matt again so perfect for my 45 year old eyelid skin. The pigments in this are high so it lasts all day. Best eye shadows I have ever used. Daniel Sandler Invisible Blotting Powder...perfect as it's white but when it goes on it simply seals your make up without the Carey and strange colour of other powders. The case is simply beautiful and is very visually high end, which gives me joy to look at as I feel ever so posh when I look at it. Daniel Sandler Watercolour Liquid Blush...best blush product I have ever used. Comes in a liquid form and one drop on your finger is enough to blush the apples of both cheeks. I use the Passion shade as that is my colour if my cheeks flush naturally. There is a large range of colours and some fabulous shades I will try when I have bronzed skin, in the Summer. Veil Illuminating Complexion Fix...this is very similar to Benefits High Beam but better, in my opinion. You can get the usual brow, cuspids bow and cheek bone tricks using this but it is also fab on the under eye section, to give you that wide awake look. Body Bling by Scott Barnes...gives your legs the film star look, I promise! I have both the Platinum and Original and am currently on the platinum but when my legs start to get a tan with move to the darker original. Sorry if I've gone on but I just wanted to share as there might be others, like me, that get a lot of pleasure treating themselves to beauty products. So if like me you are into this please share your must haves with me, I am always on the look out to try something new. Took a picture of the beautiful things I now spend my hard earned cash on
  6. Would you mind doing it for me please Colleen? I really would be grateful x
  7. Not having much luck though. I use tiny pic.com and it works here Yet when I try to import the link it says it can't connect to the server? Is it me, am I doing something wrong? Be warned though if you speak to me in full on tech speak I am not very savvy.
  8. Fabulous post Evelyn...seriously, just fabulous! I can feel the winner in your from across the sea. You've got it this time I can sense it in the writing. Made up for you as you never quit establishing a quit...it has paid off :)
  9. Not something I've ever made myself (have purchased from the chip shop in my youth) so I checked out a site I trust. http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/member-recipes/recipe-detail/3527/
  10. Fabulous! I can't stress enough to you Evelyn the joy you feel, when life gets tough, and you just say to yourself..at least I don't smoke. It lifts me every single time ;)
  11. Take a picture, or three, so I can share the view with you guys. I have many a cyber holiday enjoying people's posted pictures... Saves me a fortune ;) I am flying and it will be sheer heaven Chrispy not having the nearly 3 hours in the airport, and a 4 1/2 flight, not getting wound up because there is no where to go for a cig. In my entire adult life I have never had a holiday as a non smoker and I honestly can't wait!
  12. Grin...I might push to have a Baileys ;)
  13. Congratulations Evelyn, you faced your fear head on and I am very pleased for you xx
  14. A double celebration, many congratulations on both counts xx
  15. wow! That really does sound right up my street, What a fabulous event to look forward to. Oh and none of the crap or worry about can you smoke on the ship? If so where? Wonderful ;)
  16. Two days before I fly to Tenerife, we only have 8 months to wait for our special dates! What a brilliant month August will be ;) So exciting Gemzee.
  17. So sorry to read this Nancy, hugs to you and your family xx
  18. Yes I feel much better too Ross, I know what you mean.
  19. I found doing something else instead helped. So instead of rushing out to smoke after food I would hit the kitchen and clear up, mop the floor, or if the weather wasn't too wet take a brisk walk around the block. I couldn't relax so I put the energy to use to try and distract myself. Think on, although this is the here and now and it's currently how you feel this really does not last forever...something to look forward to ;)
  20. A cruise is on my bucket list, where are you cruising to?
  21. sharonsiff replied to Jenny's topic in Off The Record
    I watched it, last month (very late compaired to the rest of the world) and I thought it was ok. I liked the snowman, don't know his name, and quite enjoyed the songs. The UK children have gone crazy for Frozen, reminds me of how High School Musical took hold. Now I loved that!... We're All In This Together, dance moves too;)
  22. wow! That really is exciting. What month do you get married Gemzee?
  23. That made me laugh ;) So you wear beer goggles then Bakon? I think I wore them a few times in my past, realising I'd worn them when I saw the male on a second date...without the helpful beer goggles;)
  24. Won't be long now and I just wondered what events everyone is looking forward to in 2015? Mine is my holiday to Tenerife in August with family and friends. What's yours?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.