Drinking Habits Have Completely Change

sharonsiff

Lee pointed this out to me today...as a smoker I would be a coffee monster and enjoy a Baileys nightcap, most nights.

I had two small Baileys Christmas Eve and although I enjoyed them am not overly worried if I don't have another for a while. I posted before that since stopping smoking I have gone right off alcohol and that is a surprise!

The coffee though! I forget to drink it, go hours and hours without making one, then forget to drink it! Has anyone else noticed that their drinking habits have completely changed? I am shocked about the coffee as coffee really was a staple in my day.

• Like 2

these days I'm constantly making coffee out of habit and I too forget to drink it!!  I waste a lot of coffee now

I waste a lot Babs! That's why Lee said that he wonders why he makes me one, as I never drink it. I think a lot of my coffee was habit too Babs. I am really surprised at how my total drinking habits have changed, would never have thought it would turn out like that.

I remember once trying, through choice, to cut down on my coffee...dear gawd! Headache central!

• Like 1

me too!!  (regarding headache and coffee withdrawal)

Probably some out of habit cause it went with the cigarette, also because we are breathing more oxygen in our lungs and not toxins...we have more natural energy.  I have also incorporated daily exercise in my routine and that helps too with energy.  I just don't need all that coffee anymore.  I drink coffee now for actual taste.  Imagine that...lol

• Like 2

I find most people are still pretty ugly and boring... I need my beer when out to make them better looking and me want to talk to them. Really don't care what they say after a few....it just makes them more interesting

This site is exception. Everyone is so pretty and their stories are captivating....

• Like 5

I find most people are still pretty ugly and boring... I need my beer when out to make them better looking and me want to talk to them. Really don't care what they say after a few....it just makes them more interesting

This site is exception. Everyone is so pretty and their stories are captivating....

That made me laugh ;)

So you wear beer goggles then Bakon? I think I wore them a few times in my past, realising I'd worn them when I saw the male on a second date...without the helpful beer goggles;)

• Like 1

Yes Sharon, I drink a lot less alcohol than I used to now that I don't smoke... Still drink the coffee, but only in the mornings now.

I couldn't tell you why the sudden change, but I feel better for it :)

• Like 1

Yes Sharon, I drink a lot less alcohol than I used to now that I don't smoke... Still drink the coffee, but only in the mornings now.

I couldn't tell you why the sudden change, but I feel better for it :)

Yes I feel much better too Ross, I know what you mean.

• Like 1

I almost never drank alcohol before I quit.  Now I drink several times a week!   About the same as far as coffee goes.  Interesting to see how our patterns have changed.  I fear I may have to give drinking up as the extra calories are just too much.

• Like 2

Drinking has changed...but a conscious decision.

I can understand that EB especially with your losing weight goal, I'll be honest I'm sure I only drunk because I felt sad...sad that I never seemed to have much money due to ruddy smoking! I don't miss drinking is the slightest and that really does surprise me... I would have at least one night cap as a smoker.

Ross mentioned he feels better for having less coffee and I was thinking on it more and something I have now noticed is I certainly don't have my old rushes of anxiety since I drink less coffee. Maybe it was an overload as I did drink it to the extreme, sometimes to replace eating as I forgot to eat sometimes, and all that has stopped happening which is fabulous.