Everything posted by sharonsiff
-
Day six on champix/chantix
The lack of sleep must be a huge pain in the bottom Wendy. Maybe ring the clinic, you attend, and bring your appointment forward? At least then you can get her expert advise? She might be able to give you tips? Hope by the time you read this you feel a little less aggravated xx
-
Temptation
How's things JC? I was thinking of this thread as I was drifting off to sleep and you know what hit me (takes me a while these days ;) ) that in your post not once did you think of reaching for an actual cigs, plus you didn't even want nicotine. That sounds like progress to me :) Well done for not going getting a Vape pen, you've proved you can get through the day even with tremendous temptation, whizzing round in your mind. Classy... Very classy.
-
Calling all Jen's
I'm called mother hen in my home life, rhymes with Jen... Can that count ;)
-
UGH
Hi Jess, so sorry you're not getting a restful sleep. I agree with DD and consider chatting to your doctor, might be able to help hopefully.
-
Whackamole has 6 months!!
Fabulous job... Well done :)
-
Day five on champix/chantix
Wendy, with any luck it does sound like it's starting to do it's job in the background. It might not be the same, I know, but with the Zyban they started to taste stale and almost left a horrid talcum powder feel in my mouth... I took this as a sign that the magic was happening. Please keep recording your day Wendy, of course I read your points... Just post and if ness just don't respond to anything that gets your back up. Is it next Friday you go back to the clinic? Be interesting to see the difference in a week. Wendy because the cigs have started to taste stale have you noticed you are not as quick to light up? I found I went from 30 to around 8 a day, then woke up one day and none. Are you less fearful of the day with zero? How are you feeling when you think of d day? Sorry if I sound like a reporter, it's just I'm genuinely interested.
-
What's For Dinner: Part 2
Will do Colleen.. Nearly my bedtime so I'll write it out tomorrow, after work.
-
Temptation
Just to add... I spent the last 2 weeks of my 7 months Vaping as nicotine free so trust me when I say just a very good old deep breath really does feel as good, you can feel the happy hormones flushing through your brain... Especially if you hold in for up to 10 seconds and release every so slowly.. Just beautiful really.
-
Cosmetic Chit Chat
Jen, even our Lucy has started blogging.. ;) http://lucysifford.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/drugstore-end-foundations.html
-
What's For Dinner: Part 2
It's yummy and very quick and easy Colleen. It's from my Hairy Bikers Great Curries book, if anyone wants the recipe let me know..I'll write it out.
-
Cosmetic Chit Chat
Jen.. Wow! It's he talented! Mind you as are you. Oh but your daughter, what a beautiful happy looking child...could cyber squeeze her gorgeous cheeks. Then you must get to and follow your make up dream Jen. Get blogging, get YouTube tutorials out there. Do it, do it, do it...in my chanting singing voice ;) I am always checking out beauty blogs and you tube, as are millions of other people. Who knows Jen it could get you some work and people might pay you to do make overs. You don't know if you don't try xx I for one will follow you, and my daughter... Xx
-
Temptation
JC don't! I'm an ex vaper so can speak from personal experience. I switched from cigs to vaping purely through hubby nagging, over me smoking. Look, if you have a no nicotine Vape you will still be going through withdrawal, hell you still go through withdrawal with nicotine in the juice...trust me! All you would be doing is literally using the pen to act out the in hale, hand to mouth then deep breath out. That's all.... You can do this without a vape pen, get a straw and use that if you feel it would help. I know of people who do vape nicotine free liquid, their choice of course, but you have already stopped the cigs, what's the point in going backwards now? The worst is over, yes some days it will feel Shyte, but, you have to trust us when we say that it does with time and patience start to get much, much easier. So bottom line... If you vape or not your body is still going to have to detox and readjust to not having those damm chemicals from cigs in you, just get it over with... You would be silly if you did, get a straw and deep breath, I mean REALLY deep breath...it works xx
-
What's For Dinner: Part 2
Colleen, yes please to the pork and mustard recipe... Lee and I would enjoy that. Teriyaki sounds a fabulous flavour to use... Yum! Might pick up some steaks next shop, if they are on offer. So damm expensive now, Especially for four people. I made a tasty Vietnamese chicken with noodles tonight. I love this recipe as it so very easy yet bursting with flavour
-
Cosmetic Chit Chat
Wow.. Just wow that you said that Jenn! Our Lucy is aiming to get in the medical field too but also is fabulous at make up, and dreams of doing the make up in movies. Are you an excellent artist too? I haven't made a purchase yet, still thinking over what I want to spend my £30 on. I spent years handing over nearly £9 a day for cigs, without batting an eye. Now I actually have cash to spend I am far more mindful.. At last!
-
3 weeks for Evelyn (Yesterday)
Brilliant! This is the one Evelyn.. Can feel it in my bones xx
-
Rooster has 2 weeks!
Fabulous, congratulations Rooster :)
-
How's the weather?
Currently raining in Essex with threat of strong winds and snow to hit the UK tomorrow! But... Not my coastal area, fingers crossed, according to local news. Keeping everything crossed in hope that's the case.
-
Post Acute Withdrawal (PAWS)
I can imagine caffeine stimulating and not helping Evelyn. Please remember though there's no saying it will be two years! So don't go telling yourself you're stuck like this for two years. I naturally cut my coffee down dramatically and I feel much better for it. Mind you I didn't try,nor plan it, just noticed it sort of happened...but I feel much calmer and relaxed for it, truth be told. So if you do get a panic attack maybe this train of thought might help... Only happening because I used to smoke, thank goodness I got off that ride! If I get one, I get one... Won't be forever and a small price to pay for total freedom. You seem in a good place Evelyn... Do everything you can to stay there. Xx
-
What's For Dinner: Part 2
I had to check out London Broil Colleen... Yummy! Love very rare cooked meat. Do you add French Mustard? My mouth is watering. Tonight we had pork fillets, cooked in the crockpot with a can of cherry coke added. Once ready I just pulled apart, added to bbq sauce and chucked into the actifry to seal in the bbq sauce. Popped on brioche buns.. Baked spud and sweet corn. Job done, plates empty.
-
Day 1
Hello and welcome Michele xx
-
Cosmetic Chit Chat
At that price Wendy it would be rude not to ;) Funnily enough I noticed an advert for it on TV, last night. For a fiver I might take a chance... Can give to our Lucy if I get itchy eyes.
-
Queen Greenlover's (Beth) Surgery Update
Excellent news! At least now the worry is over and full steam ahead to recovery. Huge relief no doubt for both Beth and her loved ones.
-
Shameless (US version)
It's so wrong!... Yet so right... He he he Have watched a you tube clip of your version and fabulous casting of Frank! Once you've watched your version watch our version... He, he, he.
-
Post Acute Withdrawal (PAWS)
So glad it has given you piece of mind Evelyn. At least now you know it's not in your head, your not imagining it and seemingly for some of us it's just part and parcel of it. Like you say by focusing on the here and now when it does strike you at least know it's only because you once did smoke, and not because you want to smoke and can't. You are doing fabulous by the way and if I was a betting woman I'd bet this really is your final quit. Xx
-
Day four on champix/chantix
Sorry Wendy I don't have any Champix info, just popping on to say hi and no doubt Marti & Chrys (sorry if I forgot anyone) will see this before long. I understand your impatience and I would no doubt be the same. Sure others will see this soon xx