The Stalker

sharonsiff

Anybody else watching this? We love it at the Sifford gaff and I also look forward to the chilling version of each song, just before the credits. Last week was a chilling version of Duran Duran's Hungry Like The Wolf. Great show... Big thumbs up from me.

Anybody else watching this? We love it at the Sifford gaff and I also look forward to the chilling version of each song, just before the credits. Last week was a chilling version of Duran Duran's Hungry Like The Wolf. Great show... Big thumbs up from me.

I am going to look into it!

• Like 1

I am going to look into it!

I have a feeling this will be right up your street DD. You will recognise one of the main characters, he played the hubby in Season one of AMerican Horror Story. I don't know his name, have a terrible time remembering folks names...

I have a feeling this will be right up your street DD. You will recognise one of the main characters, he played the hubby in Season one of AMerican Horror Story. I don't know his name, have a terrible time remembering folks names...

Dylan McDermott (nom nom nom!) :wub:

• Like 1

Fabulous... Isn't he a dish in this too!

I am waiting very patiently in the UK for the return of The Blacklist, Person Of Interest and The Mentalist...even AHS has taken a mid season break DD... Frustrated...lol

I have the Blacklist on my DVR waiting to be watched. A lot of people have told me that I am going to love it. I have caught an episode or two of Person of Interest. I am waiting for Sherlock to come back.... I think it is insane that I have to wait until 2016 for more Cumberbatch! (not fair). 

AHS returns this Wednesday for us, I believe. 

• Like 1

DD I haven't thought of Sherlock! I must give that one a watch...or Cumberbatch. Oh I throughly enjoy both the Blacklist and Person Of Interest. Both just get better and better IMO. I was watching one, tut... Having a mind gone blank moment again! ( happens a lot) It was about lots of people just disappearing...then some of then wore white clothes, didn't speak and just smoked. I got fed up with it and felt it got a bit like Lost, to difficult to see the story within the story... So I sacked it. Did you watch that one? It will frustrate me now that I can't recall the name of it..grrr. One of the lead males is engaged to Jennier Aniston.... No, still can't get it!

DD I haven't thought of Sherlock! I must give that one a watch...or Cumberbatch. Oh I throughly enjoy both the Blacklist and Person Of Interest. Both just get better and better IMO. I was watching one, tut... Having a mind gone blank moment again! ( happens a lot) It was about lots of people just disappearing...then some of then wore white clothes, didn't speak and just smoked. I got fed up with it and felt it got a bit like Lost, to difficult to see the story within the story... So I sacked it. Did you watch that one? It will frustrate me now that I can't recall the name of it..grrr. One of the lead males is engaged to Jennier Aniston.... No, still can't get it!

The Leftovers. It actually got really good toward the finale. It is by the creators of Lost (lol).

Yes Cumberba.... I mean Sherlock. 

• Like 1

The Leftovers, that's it! I can tell it was from the creators of lost, now you've said it as I got the Lost vibe. I just didn't want another six years trying to fathom out what the Sue Heck was going on! Been there, done that... And cried at the Lost finalie of course.

Yes I must chat to Lee about Sherlock, they go mad for it here in the UK. I enjoyed Jonny what's his name? In Elementary for a while, must have forgotten to add it to Sky plus when a new series started.

You have a great memory recall DD.

I loved Lost! I got bored with the Leftovers a little at first and all of the smoking aggravated me but toward the end of the season it was amped up now I am looking forward to the new season. 

Johnny Lee Miller. I watch Elementary too. I like the chemistry between Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu.  We are in the middle of the third season, I think. 

I think that everyone goes nuts for Sherlock! Cumberbatch and Freeman are great. I like Freeman in Fargo too if you haven't seen that I highly recommend it. 

Shameless (the American version) starts soon too. I love that show as well 

• Like 2

Oh yes, their chemistry was clear to see. I really like Johnny, I loved him in Dexter.. Tick, rock, tick, tock. Not sure if you were a Dexter fan?

I will have to look out for Fargo too. We have Netflix but to be honest the girls are on it mostly watching old Moderen Families and films. One of my TV's is on it's last legs I think I will get a smart TV so I can stream Netflix from my pad to my TV. I could catch up on old series's of things you recommend then at least. Sky TV keeps showing an advert about box sets being available I must look into that too. I do love my TV time... 8:30 till 10:30 each night, I look forward to it tbh. I watch the news after meals but don't settle down for real TV till later... But when I do I love it!

Shameless was hilarious in the UK, oh my goodness I used to belly laugh all the time... So wrong, yet so right ;)

My 15 year old girls have started to watch Friends on one of the Sky channels, they love it.. As did I it was one of my favourites.

I really enjoy chatting TV shows with you DD and if you spot any other good shows let me know! The Stalker is on our end tonight, 9pm...can't wait ;)

• Like 1

Loved Dexter! He was insane as Jordan Chase! I think that was the last season that I thoroughly enjoyed, my favorite was the Trinity killer and Lithgow was awesome. That season was just perfection.

If you haven't checked it out already. The Walking Dead is always on my recommended list. Not just because of the zombiepocalypse but the human side of it all. Amazing. Gotham is a pretty great show too. It is about Officer Gordan and a young Bruce Wayne. All of Gotham's heroes and villians are being introduced slowly when they were young.

I want to watch the UK version of Shameless and I think that I will when they finish running the US version. You are right it is so wrong but so right. William H Macy plays Frank Gallagher and he is stellar as is Emmy Rossum as Fiona.

I am glad that you enjoy TV time as much as I do!!

• Like 1

Oh DD the Trinity season was the best! So very clever... And the finale! I didn't see that coming and was so shocked. I also enjoyed the very last ever episode but was also gutted that it was finally over.. I did warm very much to Dexter, he played the character so well.

I have heard about The Waking Dead and I think once we get through the Breaking Bad box set will give this one a go. Lots of my friends have mentioned this too.

Gotham.. We think that this is simply brilliant! I wasn't sure if I would like it but have never been so wrong. It has taken a break, here in the UK, so am looking forward to it next being on. I really enjoy the scenes with both penguin and the butler. They are my favourite characters although it goes without saying I think the young boy who plays Bruce does a grand job. I think Fish is someone who gives me the chills too... Great characters.

Once I've finished on here I'm off to check out your Shameless on you tube.

Beth I hope they don't cancel The Stalker...last nights Crazy For You episode...just wow! Plus a chilling version of KDLangs Constant Craving at the end... They seem to be playing all my favourite songs!

I use to enjoy both V and Flashback... Both cancelled though... Gutted.

I loved Dexter and the conflict that he constantly fought with himself. It's odd to find yourself cheering for the "serial killer" isn't it? I wished that they would have ended it differently I think that the writing for the final season was off. I did enjoy the series as a whole though. Maybe their thoughts for ending it the way that they did was to leave it so that they could do something else at a later time if they wanted to. 

I certainly hope that Stalker is not cancelled. I loved the episode where they ended with the chilling version of "Enjoy the Silence".

I was invested in a show last year that Dylan McDermott and Toni Collette were in last year called Hostages. I thought that it was a really good show and it finaled on a cliff hanger. They cancelled it. It upsets me when things like that happen, lol. I become especially mad when it is ended and replaced by a reality show. I can't stand that creativity and imagination gets trumped by trashy shows. 

Robin Lord Taylor as the Penguin! Amazing! He was in the Walking Dead for a couple of episodes. ;) Gotham started back up on Monday for us so hopefully it will be back to you soon! 

I think that we need to change the name of this thread to "Sharon and DD talk TV" lol.

Maybe people will voice us as the grumpy old men muppet characters in their head? LOLOL

grumpy_old-statler-and-waldorf_zps695d8e

• Like 1

I have the Blacklist on my DVR waiting to be watched. A lot of people have told me that I am going to love it. I have caught an episode or two of Person of Interest. I am waiting for Sherlock to come back.... I think it is insane that I have to wait until 2016 for more Cumberbatch! (not fair). 

AHS returns this Wednesday for us, I believe. 

Person of Interest i a great show I have seen all seasons so far.

• Like 1

I laughed at that picture DD... Good one ;) which one do you want to be..lol

The chilling versions of songs are as good as the plot in my opinion, I look forward now to what song they will use. I am still thinking over the last episode I watched, Crazy For You.. You must let me know your thoughts when you catch up.

I agree about quality shows being cancelled for crap TV... Annoys me too! I still can't believe V was pulled, I really can't.

I tell you what else I enjoy DD si coms. Oh I love a good laugh and throughly enjoy a 30 minute sitcom. I enjoy lots from your side of the pond but also enjoy two Australian ones too. Kath & Kim and The Moody's... Literally laugh out loud in our house.

Do you enjoy comedy and have you watched any British sitcoms?

• Like 1

We love sitcoms here! Mainly US but that is because we aren't aware of any good BBC ones. I watched an episode or two of Derek when I saw that it was on. 

Modern Family is a huge favorite I wish that I had a favorite character on that show but I don't because I love them all!!  The Big Bang Theory is another favorite... we love Sheldon, my son is so similar to him, lol. The Goldbergs is awesome too. I especially like that one because I like to watch it and geek out about our childhood. I also like that they are true stories and they play the corresponding family video at the end of the show while the credits are running. Always Sunny in Philadelphia is a favorite here too. I know that there are others that are slipping my mind at the moment. We usually sit and watch 2 sitcoms, a drama, and the Daily show every night. 

We watch the Daily Show and At Midnight every night too. 

Have you watched Grimm or Constantine? I started the first season of Grimm but lost my way they are re-airing them in syndicate so I am trying again. I have Constantine on the DVR and have heard good things but never had the chance to actually start it. 

I will be Waldorf! lmao

• Like 1

I haven't seen Grim so will look out for that one DD.

Modern Family... The best! I love it how they, every so often, talk or look directly at the camera. Like you it is so hard for me to pick a favourite as they are all so well acted. Gloria really does make me laugh so much though and so is so damm beautiful! We love that in our house and look forward to 8:30pm Monday when it's on. Have heard about The Big Bang theory and it's something I think would appeal to us very much.

We enjoy The Middle, what with Sue Heck and Brick, so we'll acted.

In the UK I recommend

The Office

Gavin & Stacey

Out Numbered

They are my all time favourite ones... All BBC

Derek I loved that too. Have you ever watched Carl Pilkington on Idiot Abroad? He is from my neck of the woods and I know people like him! ..lol. He you haven't seen him check him out... Bloody brilliant!

One of my favourites used to be Will & Grace... I was gutted when that finished.

Not a lot on our end tonight and nothing on the planner till all my favourite crime shows come back so I think it will be the Dr Who Christmas special for us.

Just remembered another BBC must watch, if you can get it, Happy Valley...omg! Seriously it was brilliant and I think it has been nominated for an award.

I haven't seen Grim so will look out for that one DD.

Modern Family... The best! I love it how they, every so often, talk or look directly at the camera. Like you it is so hard for me to pick a favourite as they are all so well acted. Gloria really does make me laugh so much though and so is so damm beautiful! We love that in our house and look forward to 8:30pm Monday when it's on. Have heard about The Big Bang theory and it's something I think would appeal to us very much.

We enjoy The Middle, what with Sue Heck and Brick, so we'll acted.

In the UK I recommend

The Office

Gavin & Stacey

Out Numbered

They are my all time favourite ones... All BBC

Derek I loved that too. Have you ever watched Carl Pilkington on Idiot Abroad? He is from my neck of the woods and I know people like him! ..lol. He you haven't seen him check him out... Bloody brilliant!

One of my favourites used to be Will & Grace... I was gutted when that finished.

Not a lot on our end tonight and nothing on the planner till all my favourite crime shows come back so I think it will be the Dr Who Christmas special for us.

Just remembered another BBC must watch, if you can get it, Happy Valley...omg! Seriously it was brilliant and I think it has been nominated for an award.

We LOVED idiot abroad!  That show was on for a few seasons here and we enjoyed watching it. We felt so bad for him because Gervais took it above and beyond a few times and listening to Ricky talk Carl into it... lmao! Carl was on the Ricky Gervais show, we watched that as well. 

I have seen a few episodes of the original version of the Office and enjoyed it. :D 

Oh and we love Dr. Who. :) 

I am going to have to look for those others and check them out!! 

We watch the Middle too. I like Patricia Heaton (the Mom) she was the wife in Everybody loves Raymond and was fantastic in that show. 

Tonight we have the Big Bang Theory and then Law and Order SVU off of the DVR from last night. 

• Like 1

I love the banter between Carl and Ricky, just my twisted sense of humour... ;)

I use to enjoy when Carl would make reference to his partner, Suzzane. He is a great TV personality and I think it's taking too long for them to make a new series.

Yes the lady who plays the mum, in The Middle, does a fantastic job. I go from relating to her and then bursting out laughing at the situations she ends up in... Good chemistry with the gentleman who plays hubby too. It just works doesn't it?

Dr Who Christmas special was very enjoyable. It made me feel like I can now finally connect to this Dr as he displayed traits of both kindness and regret. I won't say too much more just in case you haven't seen it yet. Although Matt was a great Dr and I was sad to see him go my favourite was David Tennant. I enjoyed the Rose Tyler love story very much then he took me in a different direction with the comedy of having Catherine Tate (love her!) and her grandad. I often watch the repeats when I'm ironing over the weekend.

I forgot another fabulous show from the BBC.. The Royle Family... Hilarious!

• Like 1

I will have to look for that! 

I forgot to mention Marvel's Agents of Shield! LOVE. I recorded the Agent Carter too. I am going to watch it this weekend.  Nancy started a thread about the show called the Librarians which is also a really good show! Very well written and acted. 

I also like the show Major Crimes, which is a spinoff of the Closer. It is a police show, which I like.  Aack there was another that I thought of and forgot. 

David Tennant is my favorite Doctor as well. I liked Matt Smith a lot too. Peter Capaldi is taking awhile to grow on me. I haven't watched the Christmas episode yet. 

Have you watched Penny Dreadful? It took a few episodes to grow on me but is a beautiful show. Season two will be starting in the Spring.

• Like 1

I have made a list of all the shows you recommend and I am looking forward to finding, and getting into them. If you think of anymore don't hesitate to let me know ;)

I struggled too with the new doctor. My problem was this- grumpy and cranky is fine, in fact it can be extremely humorous to me but I never felt any underlying humour... So he just comes across as a grumpy old man, with no warmth.

The end of the Christmas special has me warming to him, slightly... So fingers crossed next season they warm him up slightly.

If I want to watch cold, grumpy people I have a few relatives I could skype :) don't need to see it, by choice, on my TV.

• Like 1