Wee me

A wee bit about me :)

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself. After being a smoker of 20 sometimes more but strangely never less puffs a day for 30+ years . I started my final quit on 1of August this year. 

I had been promising myself I would quit but always found a million reasons why I couldn't do it at that time "I'll do it later" was my mantra..!!   So I went to my local pharmacy to join their  cessation programme. We decided 12 weeks of patches and lozenges, I blew into the carbon monoxide detector and .. oh my the alarm went crazy all the red lights were crazily flashing red.. I was in shock at that wee machine, I came out with my NRT stuff and my quit date (a few days later) and immediately lit up (well I was in shock and NEEDED a puff to calm down!!  Right??) As I walked home I realised that that this experience (flashing lights and alarms) had scared the bejezus outa me and I knew the longer I left it the more the chance I would find a reason not quit on that date and just be back in that cycle of buy a pack, promise this is last pack then say ocht next time... buy pack, promise this is last pack then say ocht next time..!!!

That was the day I went cold turkey and here I still am. Geez it's been a right roller coaster ride at times but things have really leveled out for me now and I am holding a really strong quit working on making it Titanium..

I should also say I am a member of another support forum but I would like to be part of this forum too as I know I can now help others struggling on their path. I hope this will be ok with you all ?:)

• Like 7

Welcome, Wee Mee!  The more the merrier!

• Like 1

Wow, what a nice 1st post Wee Mee & welcome to our small but close and somewhat quirky family :) I hope you stick around and get to know us all. Congratulations on your almost 4 month quit - that's amazing :) Clearly you are already comfortable with your decision to have quit smoking and getting your life back. Helping others and even just communicating with others in the same position is also very helpful to us with our own quit. Look forward to seeing you around :91_thumbsup:

• Like 2

Welcome aboard the quit train.,

I am on your side of the pond... Liverpool....it will be good to have some company of a morning ..when most are asleep here..

Congrats on your fabulous 4 months quit...I'm sure you will bring alot to the board..for oldies and newbies..

We believe quitting can be fun..it doesn't have to be doom and gloom..

Get to know us all...and we in turn look forward to getting to know you..

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome, Nancy, Reciprocity and Doreensfree. 

I am looking forward to getting to know you all too :)

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Wee one and congratulations on your almost four months of freedom.  Great job.

Grab a seat and stay awhile.

• Like 1

Great godfree another islander. Want to talk about cats or princesses weddings?

• Haha 3

Welcome, Wee You!  I loved your post and I'm so happy to hear you are settling more comfortably into your quit. Looking forward to getting to know you better here on this friendly, low-key board. This group has helped me so much. Hope you'll have a good experience here too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bakon said:

Great godfree another islander. Want to talk about cats or princesses weddings?

Oh bakon, bakon, bakon..... Thank you so much for your warm welcome my dear chap but I fear, I am one of those oddballs you have heard speak of in whispers...!!  Cats don't really float my boat and princess weddings make it sink like the titanic..!!! (Running back to hide in my cave again as a noose is an offy heavy necklace) :2_grimacing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome wee me... 

post a softer as you like, except in the chicks/sticks game... only 1 post a week allowed in that forum for those with less than 4 years quit. :15_yum:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, joe said:

Welcome wee me... 

post a softer as you like, except in the chicks/sticks game... only 1 post a week allowed in that forum for those with less than 4 years quit. :15_yum:

Oh my goodness Joe I'm so sorry.. I didn't know they were the rules.. Humble apologies, humble apologies, humble apologies :3_grin:   

Aye right !!

You need to do better than that.... I didn't sail down the Clyde in a banana boat neither am I buttoned up the back..!!:15_yum:

But nice try.. you sticks must be getting a wee bitty worried..:8_laughing:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wee me said:

Oh my goodness Joe I'm so sorry.. I didn't know they were the rules.. Humble apologies, humble apologies, humble apologies :3_grin:   

Aye right !!

You need to do better than that.... I didn't sail down the Clyde in a banana boat neither am I buttoned up the back..!!:15_yum:

But nice try.. you sticks must be getting a wee bitty worried..:8_laughing:

Just when I got Doreen's speaking figured out... along comes a whole new set of expressions to figure out... and I thought English was a universal language...:4_joy:

oh... and not worried about the game.. 

its all about giving and receiving well deserved spankings! :36_flushed::22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Haha 2

Hey.!!!!....what you stick up too...

Laying down stick laws to the newbies...thats low that is..

Wee.. Get in there aye...we need ya ........

• Like 1

Oh don't worry am aw roon aboot em Doreen ;)

• Haha 1

Where aboot in Scotland are ye from ????...and I'll tell you if I've been whahahaha...

The furthest is.Inverness.....long journey from scouseland ...

• Like 1

You've been further than me then :11_blush: haha.  I'm in the beautiful burns country in Ayrshire 

• Like 1

I've been to Edinburgh a few times...I love it there....

Magnificent castle...I do love Scotland...

You live in a nice place...

1 hour ago, Wee me said:

Oh don't worry am aw roon aboot em Doreen ;)

Help ..... I need a translator please .............................. Oink, oink.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I did understand much there either

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 29/11/2017 at 9:52 PM, bakon said:

I did understand much there either

No change there Porky. 

• Like 1

Welcome Wee to the QT :)

Must be Christmas...bat and burrito on same day

• Haha 1