Quit Buddies

Tink

Quit Buddy -

A member you can talk to, share things with, talk to about quitting, share worries and woes someone who is there personally for you

checking in on you

that someone who can really get through to you

listen to you

it can be someone who has the same quit date as you or someone years ahead of you - it matters not

A QUIT BUDDY - Is priceless in my bag of tricks I am blessed to have several

Its easy to get one - SEND FRIEND REQUEST - SEND PM

who knows you may find a real friend - I have

If you don`t have anyone yet please think about getting a quit buddy - anyone would be more than willing to help!

Just another great positive for joining this forum and strengthening your quit

• Like 17

I miss ksmedic :(  :(  :(   he was with me the first weeks and he saw the worst of me and handled it well. Wish his health would be back to normal!

I consider so many here my quit buddies.....but some are just special and they know it, at least I hope they do!

That would be a nice thread, who is/are your quit buddies and why...........and who would you love to have as a quit buddy but you never asked :-)

• Like 6

So many quit buddies.....all of em for different reasons. 

Many of them 'adopted' me when I was brand new in my quit. They reached out to me, either in a thread or in a private message. They shared their personal experience and strength and gave me hope that I too could quit smoking (When I first signed on to a quit smoking forum, I was still smoking). For some reason, I click with and relate to people who say "Here's what I did....." rather than "Here's what you need to do....."  

There is someone here for everyone. 

We come in all shapes and sizes, come from different backgrounds and have different philosophies on quitting smoking.

Some quit cold turkey, with or without a quit smoking book, some used a patch or gum, some used Champix or Zyban, Some have tried hypnosis, some have tried a naturopath......the list is endless. 

So if you dont have a quit buddy or two.....send someone a message :)

I was given a piece of advice many years ago when dealing with other addictions....

"Find the people who have what you want, and go sit with them"

Im so blessed to have found buddies who are honest, kind, funny and generous that are willing to let me sit with them.

:)

• Like 7

Aww I love everyone, how would I pick one buddy??  Should I have done that?

lol no marti you dont have to bless ya - its just its helped some people thats all - kind of like on a more personal level - its not for everyone you will probably find yourself drawn to someone or vice versa x

• Like 3

Ah I see, there were two people who made sense to me early doors, I didn't make them quit buddies but Bandito and Action make me feel like that rooster cartoon sketch, - I will hug them and squeeze them and call them george lol.

• Like 7

Everyone should have at least one person checking up on them.  Helps to keep you connected.  I would encourage all those with longer term quits to approach a newbie and be their buddy.  They may be too shy to ask. :)

I remember wanting someone with more time than I to "take me under their wing".  No one did and I was too shy to ask at the time.

• Like 4

Aww really, you think they'd be too shy to ask?  Hey if anyone newer wants me I would LOVE to be a quit buddy, I would even attempt being normal :)  But I won't smoke and I do care about everyone who has joined behind me and will be checking anyway (stalker or caring - you decide haha). x

• Like 4

I remember posting and wondering "why don't I have a quit buddy" and voila...they adopted me  ;)

I would really recommend it. You always know there is somebody checking on you and if you are lucky like me, you will get "love" "laughter" and "the special kick in the behind" all in one PM lol........ It's like the icing on the cake :-)

• Like 2

Had so many...but none officially. I found you guys in week 3 of my quit...

But I have been so lucky to have a bunch of 'relationships' - with great people...

Upflair, onefluffyleg, Anna, Porky, Big T, Emma, Lostnorthernlass, Bucksonebyone, Handsomebeast, Upsidedown, Cokkiecook, Ninja, Aussie soapchick and so many others - I have used synonyms to deliberately keep things muddy...because I truly feel a connection to everyone here. 

• Like 1

Had so many...but none officially. I found you guys in week 3 of my quit...

But I have been so lucky to have a bunch of 'relationships' - with great people...

Upflair, onefluffyleg, Anna, Porky, Big T, Emma, Lostnorthernlass, Bucksonebyone, Handsomebeast, Upsidedown, Cokkiecook, Ninja, Aussie soapchick and so many others - I have used synonyms to deliberately keep things muddy...because I truly feel a connection to everyone here. 

you know we love you right!

• Like 2

I've one quit buddy Action, I remember posting the same thing asking for a quit buddy at the start of my quit on a different site, most of the replies I got were telling me best off not to have a quit buddy incase they smoke or something, the other couple that were my buddies left or disappeared from another place but I don't mind ive got Action and I'm taking Armed aswell, even though he doesn't know it!!