nine days - holy.....

i am so sorry that i have not posted here in some time. i am heading into day 10 and to say it has been hard would be a complete understatement. after taking pain pills every day, 10-12 times a day, for nine years - i can honestly say that i handled my withdrawal much better than i am with this. but, at the end of the day, i am still keeping my quit - have kept my quit - and feel like i am getting more life back with every day that is passing.

i have strayed from posting here all day every day, like i did in the beginning, because i do not want to become reliant on this site. i know that sounds horrible, but it's very true. i need to be able to do this and not focus on what is happening to me at all times. i feel like, for me, reminding myself that i am going through this makes things worse.....again, for me. i started to realize that the more i typed here - the more i wanted to smoke. not because anyone triggered me or i felt triggered - not at all - but because i was focusing on the fact that i was quitting smoking. by not posting every day or several times a day, i am allowing myself to become dependent on new routines for myself, such as going for a walk after meals instead of going out back to smoke. i do not want to put posting on a forum as part of my routine, albeit posting here has helped and i appreciate so many of you that have been here since second one of my quit.

i'm not saying i am leaving the boards. not at all; i love it here and i love that it's low key in comparison to other extremely busy sites. i just wanted to say that i am still here but i just do not check the boards everyday because of ^^ what i stated above.

we are going to yard sales tomorrow in our neighborhood and relaxing afterwards, so i will check back sometime this week.

love to you all.

i cannot believe i am almost on flipping day TEN.

• Like 3

Do what you have to do for you to keep and guard your quit..

10 days is brilliant...

Don't go too far away ..it's very early....we will be here if you need us...

If you ever get the urge to smoke ..come back here quick...

It worked the complete opposite for me...I needed to be here..

You can do it Nellie x

• Like 1