Think I need help...

Sarah

Today am feeling really strange just can't get my head clear like I'm stoned but without the fun giggles and all of the paranoia

Racing heart, hot flushes, pretty sure I look weird today because people are looking at me funny, might be all in my head though. I even checked in the mirror!!

Just weird weird...

Sarah!

Believe it or not - these are normal. Keep sipping on some juice, focus on some deep breaths. I have no idea what causes these little fits - I only had them a few times on a few days. - Signs of your body sorting itself out.

don't worry - and keep going. You are going for the full matching outfit remember!

• Like 1

That's all perfectly normal... well... not normal... expected!

I'm afraid you've just got to deal with it... And it lasts for weeks, not days... And it's thoroughly unpleasant... The good thing about it though is that it ends, I found weeks 2 and 3 to be weird and unpleasant, week 4 I returned to mostly normality.

It sucks. Just keep something with you to respond to triggers, glass of water, lolly, etc. And if you have a reasonable boss tell him or her not to expect too much work out of you!! Hopefully they'll understand and support you.

• Like 1

You are where you should be and your body is still looking for the new 'normal'. One without all the toxins and positions. You have been through a lot these past 6 days, and remember that it is called Hell Week for a reason!

Tomorrow will be better, promise ;)

Cool, assuming no underlying conditions we can move on :)

Like anything it is a moving thing, so no THIS feeling you have today does not go on for weeks, hand on heart. x But weeks 2 and 3 can be more emotional than you are used to, but hey, it's not a bad thing remember, it just your brain re-adjusting to a smoke and nicotine free place and it feels wildly liberating and amazing as well!! Honest guv! SO yes, the odd feeling of "whoa, wtf" intermixed with "hey, cracking on with my normal life here" intermixed with "will you look at me, let's do a victory dance"  sorta thing. Different isn't all bad news :)  My self esteem is through the roof Sarah, as are others, I feel like I can acheive whatever I put my mind too now, and it didn't hurt me to quit, just some feelings sometimes were uncomfortable. This first week is without a shadow of a doubt the absolute worst it will be!! I won't give up my quit simply so I don't have to face what you are doing right now - take heart from that. This is the tough bit, the rest is just adjustments and some of them suck and some are amazing!! Have faith. xx

• Like 2

Not necessarily - each quit is unique. 

I only had it three or four times for an hour or two at a time. Mine were done by end of week 2. Others can be better - others worse.

Once you know what is going on - they are not exactly life threatening. Just ride the wave!

• Like 1

But weeks 2 and 3 can be more emotional than you are used to, but hey, it's not a bad thing remember, it just your brain re-adjusting to a smoke and nicotine free place and it feels wildly liberating and amazing as well!! Honest guv! SO yes, the odd feeling of "whoa, wtf" intermixed with "hey, cracking on with my normal life here" intermixed with "will you look at me, let's do a victory dance"  sorta thing.

What she said! Didn't mean to panic you!
  • Like 1

Hi Sarah of course you can handle this, just remember for years you have been abusing your body with nicotine, its now going through a cleansing phase to help return to normal, all of what you are feeling is completely normal, my little episodes at the start did give me a fright, and it was only when someone explained it was normal that I calmed down and told myself its my body healing.  I still get them from time to time where my heart races but its only for a few minutes, your quit journey can be an emotional everyone goes through it differently but we all seem to have similar paths if that makes any sense.  If you feel it beginning, just try and relax, close your mind and breath in and out deeply you feel alot better believe, keep going you are doing great and are right where you need to be  :D

• Like 2

Of course you can handle it. That can do attitude you have given this week will ABSOLUTELY carry you through if you let it.  I think I said at one point I wish it was more the hills are alive with the sound of music but hey, it is what it is. Doesn't hurt, mildly un-nerving, more so if you let it get to you. It's just the re-wiring happening and with each crave or emotional phase or whatever that you face, it gets easier to handle ya know. Like, oh this again, I've seen this before and I did xyz and it passed, does that make sense?  The xyz by the way is deep breathing, taking control of your thought process and saying I'm not going to smoke soI will sip water/ post here/ write a blog/ do a shuffle dance/ click my fingers...it's simply pulling yourself out of the funk. Same as normal life though Sarah, some funky moods will just have to be gone through, as per normal in whichever way you deal with things. xx

• Like 1

You got "fog brain" that's how I called it. I had the intention span of a Goldfish, they call it "Goldfish syndrome"

hi i'm sam. do you like my bowl? oh look sea puff...gone! 

Everything was a little "fogy" I couldn't concentrate very well and felt irritated. A lot of your symptoms sound like anxiety. We all react differently, but we all feel something "weird" going on...some changes that we just can't explain.

I felt slightly off center, a little bit off balance!

• Like 1

I was in a fog for 2 weeks. It won't kill you...as its temporary. It's all the thousands of chemicals leaving your body. Toxic! More proof how awful and disgusting that nasty addiction is.

Doing great Sarah. Keep at it and keep your eye on the prize....freedom! :)

• Like 2

This goes on for WEEKS?!?

You smoked for years (decades ?!?!) ?

It could take months for things to settle down.

MONTHS.

z2zFBdn.jpg

The Sarge promises it will clear up and go away.

He promises.

Easy Peasy

• Like 1

I didn't experience this.....but my hubby did when he quit.

After 2 weeks of feeling slightly off kilter, and mildly dizzy, I told him to go get his ears checked.

He had a mild inner ear infection. ;)

If you are concerned and it feels like it 'could' be something more than quit related anxiety, it couldn't hurt to have a chat with your dr.

Even if he does nothing more than give you a once over, pat you on the back for quitting smoking (probably the single most positive thing you can do for your health!) and send you on your way. :)

All of this passes. It all becomes easier.

Just don't smoke today :)

• Like 1

Lol Sarge, I'm singing a little verse of " you are my sunshine" now ;)

You'll be cool hun, we've all been through where you are and we'll walk it with you if and when you need. Keep posting, keep talking it out and days just pass, they turn into weeks, which turn into months...just by trudging through, one foot in front of the other. It's all phases of things, not constant, trust that there will be great days inbetween the bad sensations. I promise! x

• Like 2

You smoked for years (decades ?!?!) ?

The Sarge promises it will clear up and go away.

He promises.

Easy Peasy

I'm not old enough to have smoked for decades! But yes over a decade!

And thanks :) xxx

hang in there sarha it will get better i can tell you how long it wil take because we are all difffrent but it will just stick  with it you can do this youll be glad you did  :D  

My worst day was day 5.  I felt very similar to what you explained. I got through it, knowing that the craves past. Those feeling past too. I stayed busy, drank juice, ate often and exercised.  I was not able to focus on much. I was in work, trying to type reports and did not accomplish much, but got through it.  The second week for me was better. Like people have said, each quit is different, so do what you can to make it through the craves. Not One Puff Ever- this will help so much. You can do this and your body will adjust to it's new normal.  You will feel so much more healthy.  You are doing great.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but this is definitely temporary. It's your body's way of responding to change. Things are going to be out of whack for a bit until you fully adjust to a non-smoking life. I don't really know how long it lasts... I guess it's dependent on the person and their quit. You will be okay though. I assure you, it will get better!