Smoking Dreams ----- Argghhhh

JackiMac

Well I shouldn't really call them dreams, they are definitely nightmares, but whatever I call them they are back.  For the last 3 nights my dreams have been so bizarre!!  Last night's one had me at my work, all staff in, all stuff drunk and sleeping, and a pack of cigarettes in my hand, smoked them all, then went and tried to buy some Champix illegally, 

I actually still have some in my cupboard 4 packs which I didnt take, and in my dream when no-one would sell me champix, I was actually trying to crush the tablets so I could make the first two weeks of half a doseage,......shudder not going there again.

Its amazing how the brain analysis your thought that are stored away.  Or some could just say Jackie ohhhh look there's the white van with square wheels.

On a better note, the relief that I feel on waking, and realising it was all just a dream is immense.

• Like 2

No cheese before bed!

I'm sure someone will be along soon to tell us what it all means....

To me - its all good. The subconscious is a mystery - but it is important. Natural that it should react in some way...

They are scary though aren't they!

• Like 1

Dreams are simply the brains way awake and asleep of processing information.  I'm sure these smoking dreams are our poor confused brains way of asking why we aren't putting this fix back in, after all we've done it for x number of years...  

My sisters been quit for 5 years, my Dad or 25 and they still get them, it's rare but still happens occasionally. How powerful are our brains as tool!!

That said it sounds nasty. One tip if you are revisiting the same dream is plan whilst you're awake what you will do in the dream and actually then you do it! Sounds weird but my daughter and I can both do it now. For instance, she had a cranky fire blowing dragon in her dream on and off for a few days... awake we decided the dragon was probably poorly and looking for her help, so she drew a medicine bottle and wrote dragon be well on it and stashed it under her pillow. Next time she had the dream she gave the dragon the medicine and as we pictured they became friends .... I suffer a lot of nightmares/vivid imagination so I hope that helps someone. xx

• Like 5

I've been having really vivid dreams too. Nothing about smoking though. And speaking of dragons. Watched Dragon heart the other night which is a very bad film and had a dream about being taken by a dragon. My head it totally unscrewed right now :(

• Like 1

(((Jackie))) they are pretty bad aren't they? I know all about the relief when waking up. One more than one occasion Nancy has been in my dream with a tennis racket... Or is that a nightmare?!

• Like 2

Hey Marti, I am a real dreamer and often they are quite vivid. Sometimes I do the old try to make a decision before I go to sleep to possibly affect a reoccurring dream. But what I do not do is draw pictures about it... Have your ever seen the film Paperhouse?! Lol

Not seen paperhouse, any good or scary? I don't like scary, bit of a jesse lol.

I don't draw pics either lol, I have a good brain that can imagine things, but if not, putting something down in writing or drawing is a pwerful way of putting your intentions forward :) You can just think it as an adult though but I didn't want to list my crazy a#s dreams as an example haha.

• Like 1

Dreams are simply the brains way awake and asleep of processing information.  I'm sure these smoking dreams are our poor confused brains way of asking why we aren't putting this fix back in, after all we've done it for x number of years...  

My sisters been quit for 5 years, my Dad or 25 and they still get them, it's rare but still happens occasionally. How powerful are our brains as tool!!

That said it sounds nasty. One tip if you are revisiting the same dream is plan whilst you're awake what you will do in the dream and actually then you do it! Sounds weird but my daughter and I can both do it now. For instance, she had a cranky fire blowing dragon in her dream on and off for a few days... awake we decided the dragon was probably poorly and looking for her help, so she drew a medicine bottle and wrote dragon be well on it and stashed it under her pillow. Next time she had the dream she gave the dragon the medicine and as we pictured they became friends .... I suffer a lot of nightmares/vivid imagination so I hope that helps someone. xx

Love this idea Marti, will try that before I go to bed tonight, its just they are so real, sometimes I have a dream and I so do not want to wake up, but lets not go there lol :o

• Like 1

Not seen paperhouse, any good or scary? I don't like scary, bit of a jesse lol.

I don't draw pics either lol, I have a good brain that can imagine things, but if not, putting something down in writing or drawing is a pwerful way of putting your intentions forward :) You can just think it as an adult though but I didn't want to list my crazy a#s dreams as an example haha.

Haha I saw it when I was a kid and it was terrifying!! Here is the synopsis:

'Eleven-year-old Charlotte Burke, the neglected daughter of Ben Cross and Glenne Headley, passes out on the school playground and dreams of visiting a house she'd previously drawn in her composition book. She imagines another visit to her 'paper house' while playing hide-and-seek. Experimenting, Burke draws a figure in the window of the house; the next time she dreams, she meets a young boy, as lonely as she. Convinced that she wields a large degree of power in her pencil, Burke draws a picture of her father, Cross, hoping that in doing so he will return home...'

Apparently based on the novel Marianne Dreams by Catherine Storr, which I am going to now have to buy and read lol.

Sorry to hijack your thread Jackie!!

• Like 2

Yes do Jackie, it seems if you face your nightmares they diminish in strength and die off. So maybe before you go to sleep tonight imagine yourself squashing the pack and ripping all the cigs up from the packet in your hand and then go to sleep (or imagine a "fix" for whatever part of the dream it is disturbing you most).  Both sides of your brain are strong and you can use one to combat the other (just like in quitting really lol). x

Action, nah not for me, yikes, think meadows full of flowers now lol.

• Like 1

Action you can hijack it all you like  :D  I always say to people that I love scary films, but I'm the one who watches it through their fingers or behind a pillow, saying no no don't tell me what's happening, omfg can't stand this what's happening tell me tell me!!!

• Like 1

I've been clean from narcotics/alcohol now for 22 years. The first 5 years or so I had many horrible and realistic "using dreams," as they are called in N.A. For the first couple of years, off and on again dreams filled with fear and horror of using, and then, finally around 3 years clean, I had a gut wrenching and sweat producing dream of running through many houses away from my "monster" and in each house, a neighbor would offer me a drink or a pill or a joint; for the first time, in the dream I remember saying "that won't help!" I woke up and called someone and she told me that it was a great sign of recovery. I believe that. To me, having a healthy amount of respect that reminds me that I have a sneaky addiction to nicotine is helpful. Past experience has shown me what is worrisome is when I "forget" how powerful addiction is. As long as I keep using the tools, I don't have to live in fear, I just have to stay "mindful." Love that word!

I had a dream the night before last, many things were going on, but for a brief moment Sarge was in the dream and he was eating a human arm. At least he wasn't smoking it. lol!

• Like 2

Well I shouldn't really call them dreams, they are definitely nightmares, but whatever I call them they are back.  For the last 3 nights my dreams have been so bizarre!!  Last night's one had me at my work, all staff in, all stuff drunk and sleeping, and a pack of cigarettes in my hand, smoked them all, then went and tried to buy some Champix illegally, 

I actually still have some in my cupboard 4 packs which I didnt take, and in my dream when no-one would sell me champix, I was actually trying to crush the tablets so I could make the first two weeks of half a doseage,......shudder not going there again.

Its amazing how the brain analysis your thought that are stored away.  Or some could just say Jackie ohhhh look there's the white van with square wheels.

On a better note, the relief that I feel on waking, and realising it was all just a dream is immense.

Dump the Champix.

• Like 1