I tasted it. Not by accident. I found a certain blu disposable e-cig in a certain teenager's pocket. I wanted to see what the appeal was. There was none. It was nauseating. Brushed my teeth three times and the taste still remains. Nothing could convince me to smoke again. Into the trash compactor it went. NOPE

• Like 1

I tasted it. Not by accident. I found a certain blu disposable e-cig in a certain teenager's pocket. I wanted to see what the appeal was. There was none. It was nauseating. Brushed my teeth three times and the taste still remains. Nothing could convince me to smoke again. Into the trash compactor it went. NOPE

How is administering nicotine by puffing on an electronic cigarette any different than puffing on a Marlboro?  It's not.  You wanted to see what the appeal was but at the same time, decided to disregard NOPE and everything this community stands for since we started it.  What if you would've liked the ecig and "got" the appeal of it?  Would you have continued puffing on it?  You blew your quit as far as I'm concerned but you can be the judge of that and how to handle your addiction going forward. 

We've always taken the stand that NRT is okay, provided the goal is to get off of nicotine swiftly and completely.  I'm not going to debate this issue nor will any such debate be allowed as this has been beaten to death and it can't be resurrected again.  I would expect this out of a newbie, not someone who has supposedly been quit for over 3 years. 

As you all can see, this addiction is real and not to be taken lightly as even the most seasoned quitter can be lured to take a puff of nicotine.  Please view the videos below as they explain in great detail why you can't take a puff.  NOPE!

Curiosity Killed The Quit
Ever find yourself curious about exciting new technologies that allow you to smoke without actually smoking real cigarettes? Video explains how such curiosity if acted on can kill your quit.

The Law Of Addiction
"Administration of a drug to an addict will cause re-establishment of chemical dependence upon the addictive substance."

Smoking A Cigarette Will Help Me Secure My Quit
Video discusses how some people can bargain themselves into smoking with the thought that taking a cigarette that tastes bad will reinforce their resolve to stay smoke free.

Nicotine Is Nicotine Is Nicotine
Video discusses how nicotine delivered by any source via any route of administration has the full potential of causing relapse to any former smoker or user of any nicotine product.

I Know Too Much About Smoking To Ever Be Able To Relapse
Video discusses how some people may erroneously begin to think that when they fully understand all aspects of smoking and quitting that there is no way that they could ever relapse back to smoking again.

The Lucky Ones Get Hooked
Video discusses how not all people who take a cigarette after quitting instantly get hooked--only the lucky ones do.

Should I Reset My Quit Meter?
Video stresses the importance of drawing a clear line in the sand regarding the issue of whether a person should reset their quit meter if they ever take a puff off of a cigarette, or really deliver nicotine via any tobacco product or other nicotine containing device.
  • Like 3

I disagree. Having two stupid offspring something tells me this is a parenting idea which wasn't well thought out but something which could happen.

But what did you expect really? Cake and ice cream. Bad Ginger.

I believe I had an easy quit for a few reasons. The members here and there on forums. I was ready and realized it. And I hated the smell and taste almost immediately after quitting. Shit is what I always said it was. Still think it smells and avoid it at all costs. I hate smokers at entrances. I wish more was done about that.

Well, I can tell you that I have one wonderful offspring and nothing would make me pick up an ecig to see what the appeal was for those who partake in such nonsense, including her.  You see, I smoked for many years and already know the "appeal" is a lie; ecigs are just another means for Phillip Morris and others to attract new nicotine addicts and even lie to smokers to lead them to believe that it's a safe alternative to smoking cigarettes.  No need to quit after all because the ecig is "safe" and "cool".  It's all a lie.  I don't need to puff on anything to reinforce the strength of my quit because should I need that, my quit would not be strong after all.  Moreover, we cannot ever introduce nicotine back into our bodies, ever.  And I'm not talking about eating potatoes either.

Colleen made a mistake; we all do and there are consequences for our decisions and this is a perfect example of how even a long-term quitter can get sucked back into taking a puff.  When I read this I was shocked and I'll holster my other emotions for now because Colleen was one of the few who believed in what we were doing when we started this support group and we all knew how dangerous taking a puff could be not only to ourselves, but also this group.  It does not send a good message and because of that, there are consequences, even for those whom are "family".

• Like 3

I have to agree with MQ...

We have folks who are finding it tough going... They are early in their quits..

We have a NOPE pledge everyday...never take another puff...

There are folks who are here everyday.. Supporting the newbies....

E cigs ..they are still taking a puff...of nicotine...

This is my opinion...

• Like 3

This event of Colleen's has stirred up my complacency and led me to examine myself and my quit.

NOPE (Not One Puff Ever) has taken on an even deeper visceral and immediate importance.

I have taken my quit for granted and forgotten how serious this addiction is for ME, for all of us.

I have just watched all Joel's videos that MQ posted here and seen them with re-awakened eyes.
They have led me to refresh my commitment to NOPE.

Last year (my second smoke free), I was much more vigilant and aware of chinks in my armor.
This year, I was perhaps, too confident.
I can't imagine myself ever smoking

but,  I am grateful for this wake-up call to re-examine my quit. 

I encourage Colleen and everyone here to join together in our fierce commitment to NOPE.

• Like 4