Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Disaster in the supermarket; (

Featured Replies

So off I went to do my shopping in tesco with the 3 minions and at the checkout my son fell out of the shopping trolley and somehow managed to land underneath it so the trolley landed on him, those trolleys are heavy buggars. So we got him up and of course he's in shock, then he sees the blood coming from his wrist and looked like a bit of bone or something out of place so he gets hysterical, there's blood coming through his trousers so I look and thankfully just a few cuts, half of tescos are running over, we have to head over to courtesy desk to get first aider to check him, on the way there, I only go and faint, apparently was only out for a minute, then starting to feel a bit better, just sitting and drinking water, the pharmacist from next door comes to check lucas thankfully he says its not broken just looks sprained and swollen so they put ice on his hand to get swelling down. All the time I'm seeing stars in front of me and trying to hold lucas and calm him down, my other two minions were great and being fed ice pops and crisps and drinks by the management. Every customer has to come over for a nose. Soooooooo embarrassing.

Came home and kept ice on his hand, he's alot better this morning thankfully.

So moral of the story you really can have an emmm exciting time food shopping!!!!

Oh no Sue, just what you didn't need!

 

I'm so sorry, and poor Lucas... He's been through the wars hasn't he. Sounds like he's going to have some battle scars after this!

 

Thinking of you and hoping you day gets a heck of a lot better from here on out.

 

(((Sue & Lucas)))

  • Author

Ah thanks hun, all good now, can't stop laughing about it now and I'm mortified my knickers and all were on show when I fainted, dreading going back in :O

OMG Sue Poor Lucas

 

Im glad you can see the funny side now oh dear really? knickers and all on show  :o snigger  :P

 

go back in, in disguise ;) 

Omg sue! Quite an episode! Glad you can laugh about it now and that Lucas is ok. Love the avatar. So cute.

Wow. I thought shopping was boring. I might need to start going back...sounds very dramatic!

 

Good job on laughing it off! Lucas will have a Great War story for later years...every Christmas for ever he can talk about the time Mum tried to kill him with a shopping trolley...

 

Life. You gotta love it! (Or cry!)

  • Author

Just had a call there from the boss man in tesco checking to see how we are, morto lol

Just had a call there from the boss man in tesco checking to see how we are, morto lol

Fair play to him for making the effort!

 

Damsel in distress!

  • Author

Lol stu I am always at it, we went to lanzarote last september and I was carrying my 2 year old down the steps to the beach and I fell and rolled down a load of steps, squashing Erin on each step, broke her ankle and spent the second bloody day of our hols in hospital getting a plaster paris, xrays and the works done, poor child couldnt go near the water but i thought oh shes only young she will forget about it but oh no anytime anyone mentions water she says mammy fell down and broke my leg :O

I'm sorry Sue. I've had a child vomit in the store and another have exploding diarrhea. Gotta love those minions.

  • Author

Oh no, never a dull moment with kids hey lol

wow, poor you and your son. I shop online and I am pretty greatful after reading this :)  Hope his wrist is better though. x

The 3 kids are all home today with me.  I was going to go to the supermarket to pick up a few things and then to the hardware store.  I think those things can wait for another day.

 

Glad the kiddo is okay but you fainting...had to be quite the sight. :)

I thought she has her hands full with minions and kids in the market (Google helped some animated little people) :-)

 

I am glad nothing bad happened...we all have some embarrassing store stories (I hope it's not just me) 

 

I am glad you all are OK

OMG Sue!   That is a day from hell if ever there was one.

 

I hope today is better for you and the kiddo.

  • Author

Lol MQ yep don't do it, go on your own;)

 

You have to see despicable me LB the minions are sooo cute and funny together, they remind me of my two youngest, nutters together!!

Sorry Sue and hope your little one is on the mend.  I'll share my embarrassing shopping with kids story.  When my son was about 6, we were in Target and he disappeared.  I looked everywhere for him, had a male employee check the men's room.  I was a nervous wreck, balling my eyes out.  People looked at me like I had 6 heads.  They called a code yellow, which is locking all the doors, nobody in or out.  Then they called him over the intercom, up to the front he comes walking...he had been sitting on some skateboards or something.  I had never been so scared/mortified in my life.  I left my full shopping cart and went home, I couldn't stick around.

 

Is this the same Lucas that was sick a couple of weeks ago?  He deserves special treats, I think.  All the candy he can eat!  You deserve a drink  :)

  • Author

Yep same lad, Awh you poor thing hun, it's the worst feeling in the world isnt it, we lost lucas at the beach two years ago, was the worst half hour of my life, I thought my life had come to an end, thankfully a couple found him nearly 2 miles up the beach beside an icecream van trying to get himself one.

Lol we look like the worst parents ever, promise we arent really ;)

LOL Sue - next time can you please post video of the incident 3daa4cc69413a4a4fda538b0ecb14120_zps9b10

If that had happened to you here in the USA, it would be lawsuits galore, and you would probably end up owning the market. LOL

  • Author

Ah stop everyone is telling me here to sue but I would never do that, everyone is suing everyone these days its sad!!

Just had a call there from the boss man in tesco checking to see how we are, morto lol

That is so nice of him...sorry you had such an adventure and very glad everyone is okay. (Okay, now that I have been polite...might I add...lmao!!)

Ah stop everyone is telling me here to sue but I would never do that, everyone is suing everyone these days its sad!!

 

I thought people were only sue happy here in the USA where there is a lawyer for every ten people or so LOL

Sue so sorry to hear of your adventure in Tesco!! glad you can see the funny side, and hope the wee fella is feeling loads better, when my son fell and hurt himself in Morrisons, they bent over backwards to help him, its sad though that due to society, everywhere is scared they may be sued.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.