Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4 years then relapsed

Featured Replies

It's so sad, my aunt came to visit she had quit for 4 years then relapsed, she's been smoking even more now and has done for 2 years!

 

I watched her and my mother puff and cough away

 

Most of the time I couldn't be in the same room I made excuses all the time to be somewhere else!

 

I didn't want her to feel anymore bad about herself then she already did she hasn't got her head around quitting again but I so wanted to give her a good slap across the chops but knew this wouldn't help :(

 

This last two years she has looked awful :(

 

The stressor she had came and went, but now She is left damaging herself more, so sad!

 

Don't take another puff, not one puff ever NOPE NOPE NOPE

 

From the newbies to the old partes we must never gamble, 1) it would taste like poop and 2) we could fall off the wagon and never get back up

 

Rubbish odds to me

 

For those who have relapsed and got back on well done, let's make this your sticky quit

So sad.  I am sure she thought it would be "just one".  A great reminder to never take our quits for granted.  Sadly, we are and always will be nicotine addicts.

What a shame!  If I get the urge one thing I think about was how much it took to quit and how proud I am that I did it. If I smoked now I think I would be very disappointed in myself. 

I'm sure your aunt Tracey thought she had it all under control...

This is what scares me...I thought I had it under control to have just one.

I am a addict.there is no such thing as one...ever....

Hope your aunt finds the strength to quit soon...

So sad to hear. I was chatting with a guy at the weekend who has just started back after quitting for two and a half years. Makes me more determined to never have another puff.

As someone coming up on 4 years quit, I find this both completely incomprehensible and 100% believable. I'm sorry to read it.

This post is a great one. Sad because your Aunt is smoking again but it is important for all to see a post like this because it shows that we always have to be diligent and guard our quit.

This happened to me with my last quit. Quit for 3 years, got cocky and decided I was strong enough to be just a "social smoker". That was 6 years ago. I'm convinced my quit was too easy that time, I was pg so just quit and never looked back. I think this quit will stick bc I never want to go through these last few weeks of hell again.

 

I'm sorry your aunt started again

This post couldn't be more timely. Thank you Tracey.  Thought about posting my own SOS today...fighting it, I am.

 

An acquaintance had quit for 8 years and picked it up again shortly after moving to a country where it is everywhere.  He's been smoking almost 3 years now.  He recently moved back to the States and works with a group where it is HIGHLY frowned upon.  Yes, he's bummed and wants to quit.

 

Forever an addict.

  • Author

This post couldn't be more timely. Thank you Tracey.  Thought about posting my own SOS today...fighting it, I am.

 

An acquaintance had quit for 8 years and picked it up again shortly after moving to a country where it is everywhere.  He's been smoking almost 3 years now.  He recently moved back to the States and works with a group where it is HIGHLY frowned upon.  Yes, he's bummed and wants to quit.

 

Forever an addict.

Vent, reach out hun that's what this board is all about, wether you are a day quit or ten years reach out xx

Bigfoot you window licking? Jimmy get the taste spray for a window near the rear...

This post couldn't be more timely. Thank you Tracey.  Thought about posting my own SOS today...fighting it, I am.

 

An acquaintance had quit for 8 years and picked it up again shortly after moving to a country where it is everywhere.  He's been smoking almost 3 years now.  He recently moved back to the States and works with a group where it is HIGHLY frowned upon.  Yes, he's bummed and wants to quit.

 

Forever an addict.

Hang in there...you know it is not worth it!

we are all 1 puff away from a pack or more a day.....that's the reality of it. 

 

NOPE!!

 

Sorry about your aunt Tracey!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.