Quit Train's Coffee Aficionado Thread

MarylandQuitter

I love my coffee!  If it sits longer than 20 minutes after being brewed, it get's tossed.  I currently use the Bonavita Exceptional Brew.  After two years of use and at least 3 times per day, it still functions as it did when it was new.  No clock, no auto brew timer etc.  Just a straight up copper heating element (versus plastic) and it does what it's supposed to do; brew the perfect up of coffee because "Geat coffee doesn't just happen".

I grind my beans before each brew.  I want my coffee the best it can be.

At this time, current SCAA Certified Home Brewers are:

• Technivorm Moccamaster
  • Bunn HG Home Brewer
  • Bonavita 8 Cup Exceptional Brew Coffee Maker with glass or thermal carafe

SCAA's Minimum Certification Requirements for Coffee Brewers in .pdf format

SCAA_Certification_Req_Home_Brewer.pdf

202326d1384769947-club-q-q107-loyalty-cl

• Like 1

Coffee snob here :)

Im using the Baratza Virtuoso grinder, and I buy my beans at a shop called Planet Bean. (currently grinding french roast mexican chiapas) 

And a Breville Infuseur espresso machine.

I have yet to learn how to make the fancy pictures in my foam when I make a latte.....but my oh my.....I havent gone through a coffee drive-thru in almost a year. :)

• Like 1

I don't drink coffee...hubby does and he tells me to get whatever's on sale. :)

Lol. I do drink coffee and its Mr coffee and maxwell house mostly but sometimes when I feel like a treat I pick up dunkin donuts ground coffee.

I am thinking neither album or Julie will be having coffee at my house. Haha. I feel shamed.

Lol. I do drink coffee and its Mr coffee and maxwell house mostly but sometimes when I feel like a treat I pick up dunkin donuts ground coffee.

I am thinking neither album or Julie will be having coffee at my house. Haha. I feel shamed.

Not at my house either.  lol

When I quit, I only let myself have one a day because that's what I did when I smoked - drank coffee all day and night.  Lately though, it's been gradually increasing cup by cup.  

Pumpkin Spice coffee, wherever I can find it.  There are only a couple of places I can get it year round.  Dunkin Donuts, I use to live there.  Occasionally, I'll have a blueberry iced from there now.  I wish I could drink it black, I have tried.  I don't use sugar any longer, but cannot live without the half & half.

No fancy coffee maker for me.  I use a Keurig, but use my own ground coffee.  Now I want coffee!

Now I want coffee too! I'm at work for another 4 hours yet. My turn to run the support group. I love it. But I'm tired.

Please deliver me some coffee album. You worked miracles here. Help a lady out.

coffee1_zps6cea6146.jpg

That should keep you going.....its a giant cup! 

Im heading up to my cottage and Im not sure if I'll have reliable service up there......but if I can, I'll check in tonight to make sure you arent bouncing off the walls from too much java! :)

• Like 1

If I'm visiting somebody and they offer me coffee the first thing I ask is how long has it been sitting.  If the answer is something like only a couple of hours, I politely say no thanks.  Then if they ask if I want a fresh pot, I ask what their brewing process is and if they say "WHAT?", I politely say I'll just have some of that dirty dishwater swill that's in your sink and save you the trouble of brewing that cup of steaming shit you were about to feed me. hahahahaha  Just kidding. 

If I drink cheapo coffee, I get bad indigestion.  I can only have the too stuff, brewed properly.  I make it strong and everybody says I make it too strong, but it's the only way for me.  Fresh, black and strong.  No froo-froo in it either.  Black like the coal I used to work around. :)

Stop it.

Honestly. I have the utmost love and respect for your continent. But coffee? Really.

1. Coffee does not sit. Ever.

2. Espresso is coffee. Everything else is fine - as long as we remember that it is because we cannot find enough, drink enough Espresso.

Grind the coffee bean. Add water. Drink. It is not complicated.

I thought I knew coffee. Then I married a Sicilian.

Your opinion is of course completely valid - but unless you agree - you may well end up with a horse's head in your bed. :)

• Like 2

Stop it.

Honestly. I have the utmost love and respect for your continent. But coffee? Really.

1. Coffee does not sit. Ever.

2. Espresso is coffee. Everything else is fine - as long as we remember that it is because we cannot find enough, drink enough Espresso.

Grind the coffee bean. Add water. Drink. It is not complicated.

I thought I knew coffee. Then I married a Sicilian.

Your opinion is of course completely valid - but unless you agree - you may well end up with a horse's head in your bed. :)

LMAO!!  Okay, I agree.  No horse head my bed,  MAMMA MIA!

El bandito! You officially crack me up!

I'm official!

On a side note, coffee and cigarettes were always partners for me, and I thought coffee without a cigarette would be no good...actually I have found the opposite to be true. Coffee tastes better!

• Like 1

I'm official!

On a side note, coffee and cigarettes were always partners for me, and I thought coffee without a cigarette would be no good...actually I have found the opposite to be true. Coffee tastes better!

I couldn't agree more!!  My morning coffee with cigarettes I thought was Heaven.  What a joke.  Heaven is drinking my coffee and reading the posts here or sitting on my deck breathing the fresh air.

• Like 1