November 7, 201510 yr I dunno if Sarge still posts here but some of his no nonsense, shoot from the hip, tell it like it is words helped me immensely in my first days...weeks...months. The best: Embrace The Suck. You'll have moments, many moments, where quitting just plain sucks. If you're anything like me, you'll think of throwing the towel in....because...."the way I feel sucks!" Embrace the suck. Accept it. Head down and power through it! Wherever you are Sarge.....thank you. I've earned them stripes! I'm coming up on 2 years.......and I never ever have to 'embrace the suck' in regards to nicotine anymore. But Embrace The Suck has been instrumental in many areas of my life :)
November 8, 201510 yr I dunno if Sarge still posts here but some of his no nonsense, shoot from the hip, tell it like it is words helped me immensely in my first days...weeks...months. The best: Embrace The Suck. You'll have moments, many moments, where quitting just plain sucks. If you're anything like me, you'll think of throwing the towel in....because...."the way I feel sucks!" Embrace the suck. Accept it. Head down and power through it! Wherever you are Sarge.....thank you. I've earned them stripes! I'm coming up on 2 years.......and I never ever have to 'embrace the suck' in regards to nicotine anymore. But Embrace The Suck has been instrumental in many areas of my life :) The Sarge is still around...and great post, Julie...
April 29, 20188 yr On 11/7/2015 at 5:51 PM, Soberjulie said: I dunno if Sarge still posts here but some of his no nonsense, shoot from the hip, tell it like it is words helped me immensely in my first days...weeks...months. The best: Embrace The Suck. You'll have moments, many moments, where quitting just plain sucks. If you're anything like me, you'll think of throwing the towel in....because...."the way I feel sucks!" Embrace the suck. Accept it. Head down and power through it! Wherever you are Sarge.....thank you. I've earned them stripes! I'm coming up on 2 years.......and I never ever have to 'embrace the suck' in regards to nicotine anymore. But Embrace The Suck has been instrumental in many areas of my life Sarge is still around. Likely tending his orchard and planting this year's crops or out climbing mountains with Mrs. Sarge. 'Embrace The Suck' was helpful to me, too.
April 30, 20188 yr Embrace the suck is great! in these first few weeks the same principle has been really helpful to me. Mine is acknowledge, accept as part of the process, and let it go. Embrace the Suck is more efficient. :-)
May 2, 20188 yr Ah yes. Embracing the suck. Wherein we embrace and take ownership of our pain. Been there, down that, got the T-shirt, Coffee cup, Tote Bag, Baseball cap, Beer mug, Ball point pen, Bumper Sticker....
August 24, 20188 yr On 5/2/2018 at 10:06 AM, Sirius said: Ah yes. Embracing the suck. Wherein we embrace and take ownership of our pain. Been there, down that, got the T-shirt, Coffee cup, Tote Bag, Baseball cap, Beer mug, Ball point pen, Bumper Sticker....
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.