Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elton John

Featured Replies

No. Not burrito the queen of Scotland and original fat girl.

 

Elton F-ing John.

 

Someone saved my life tonight sugar bear. .....you nearly had me roped and tied......sweet freedom whispered in my ear....

Someone saved my life tonight.

No. Not burrito the queen of Scotland and original fat girl.

 

Elton F-ing John.

 

Someone saved my life tonight sugar bear. .....you nearly had me roped and tied......sweet freedom whispered in my ear....

Someone saved my life tonight.

 

You're a butterfly! And butterflies were made to fly, fly away. High away, bye bye.

 

oooh eee oooh eee oooh

 

 

Elton F-ing John

Alrighty then.....

 

Having a little sing song there chaps?! :)

Don't let the sun...go down on meeeeee.............

I remember when rock was young

 

Me and Susie had so much fun 

 

(my big sisters name is Susie so that always made it fun for me)

....." maybe you'll get a replacement, there's plenty like me to be found"...........

PLUS....

 

......"It's a little bit funny this feeling inside, I'm not one of those who can easily hide".............

Oh it seems to me
That sorry seems to be the hardest word

and I guess that's why they call it the blues

..." I couldn't if I tried..." 

Elton is cool for sure!!!  I love the song Empty Garden because even though it was about John Lennon, it reminds me of my Dad who used to take care (sometimes not very good care, but that is beside the point right now - lol) of our back yard.  He made this little rock path, and well, anyway.... My dad died of cancer at the young age of 56 from - you guessed it - smoking! and the line "It's funny how one insect can damage so much grain" to me represented cancer damaging such an awesome person (my Daddy).  Anyway.....

 

Sorry to be Petra Downer - just emphasizes what a great musical artist Elton is and how music can touch our lives in different ways.  :)

 

Loved all those songs you all mentioned too - and Piano Man and ......

  • Author

my favorite is Bennie and the Jets....

 

I read it in a magazine......  I just picture people saying things and they got their info from some dumb three paragragh story on a page with a big color photo and they think they really know the subject when in reality they know some writers opinion on a subject....

 

 

but the whole song rocks and I didn't know all the words for years.... it plays at a bar or somewhere and everyone looks at me like I did it...

Shout out to Kendra and her earlier post referencing Just the Way You Are...  

 

The Stranger album, oh yea!

"What do I do when lightning strikes me?" :(

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.