Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

You Want To Quit

Featured Replies

I Am With You ....The QT Is With You

Toughest thing about Quitting?

 

Committing.

 

Once you do that - it gets easier every day.

 

C'mon. Commit.

 

What's the worst thing that could happen?

Knowledge is power-

find out what nicotine really is doing in your body-

Then the choice  is 10 times easier -

RC

I simply think to myself, if an addiction can take over my body, what kind of man am I ?

That's not the example that I want to pass on my future family. I can do it!

Toughest thing about Quitting?

 

Committing.

 

Once you do that - it gets easier every day.

 

C'mon. Commit.

 

What's the worst thing that could happen?

I agree, thinking about quitting made me more miserable and anxious than actually quitting!

One step at at a time, it's so doable but you have to take the first step we will walk with you through the rest

Everything you believed and feared about quitting were all lies. You have been brainwashed.

 

Education + commitment to NOPE (not one puff ever) every day + support = success.

 

Everyone is capable of a successful quit. You just have to want it. Make that commitment no matter what

It is such a relief not to smoke anymore, to be beyond the beginning stages, to be sucessful. I knew I could quit forever once I quit for one day.

  • 2 weeks later...

I never saw this till today BAT, I like it.

 

To start a quit means throwing the shit sticks away and never smoking another one.

 

It's called breaking the cycle of addiction.

 

Last cigarette is the last link in the chain to the next one, and the rest of them.

 

Break the link, you break the chain, you kill the addiction.

 

Keeping that quit, that's the rest of the story, the rest of the walk.

 

Might as well plan on walking for the rest of your life

 

Enjoy the view, it's lovely!  :)

Well heck yeah,,

 

I always like your "writings"  wisdom in print,,  and a great inspiration,,,

 

I sure do like life "smoke free"

 

and you helped me,,  no doubt  about it !

 

Thank you Markus,,

mfic, really is nice to see your 4 months. As good as 4 years or 40 years, it's quit.

 

If we can give someone an ally oops for their slam dunk quit, it's a beautiful thing. Pay it forward as you can helps cement your quit...always someone watching the quit and thinking "I can do that". And they can...like BAT says...the whole QT is there.

This thread has really helped me today. I had four days and slipped last night. I guess I am having a problem with commitment despite saying that I want it more than anything but something is blocking me. I know I'm impulsive, I know I'm an addict (in recovery for alcoholism and bulimia) so I don't know what's holding me back.

 

I'm back on the train again today and will keep posting daily to hold myself accountable.

 

I appreciate you all for being here and being supportive and helpful and for leading the way.

Everything you believed and feared about quitting were all lies. You have been brainwashed.

 

Education + commitment to NOPE (not one puff ever) every day + support = success.

 

Everyone is capable of a successful quit. You just have to want it. Make that commitment no matter what

 

Read this one again...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.