Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I've gotten busy latey

Featured Replies

Hi guys,

 

I haven't been on here for a few days, things have gotten hectic but I am finding that the more I try to concentrate on things the more I need a cigarette. I have seriously considered buying cigarettes for the past two days now and I just get so mad at myself for thinking that, but then my throat actually starts to burn for the sensation of smoking again and I actually start feeling the physical withdrawals again. Its almost been two weeks and I thought it shouldn't be physical anymore. This is the longest I've ever gone without smoking and sometimes I'm proud of that but if I focus on anything else, it seems like I'm about to lose the fight. When will this ever get better?

 

 

Newsflash. A cigarette is a distraction not a help.

 

It is not physical - it is mental. Your mind is incredibly powerful. If it tells your body that it is physical, your body will believe it. Why wouldn't it?

You have moved from February into March without smoking. I am really proud of you. You should be proud of yourself.

 

You have looked the addition in the eye and kicked it in the balls. Good work.

Take a deep breath - and pat yourself on the back.

 

You are doing great.

 

My life is utterly transformed by quitting. Yours will be too.

You still with us Michelle?

 

Getting through two weeks, things will get noticeably better. Week 3 can have its moments though!

 

For me - I began to learn that craves would come and all that I had to do was.......nothing. Just breathe. Focus on why I was waiting and they would pass.

 

Quitting was the best thing that I ever did.

that crazy crazy crazy addiction mind...stinkin thinking.....don't listen to a word of it

 

you are right where you need to be

never doubt that...or your quit......NEVER doubt your quit or your ability to stay quit

 

you are a non smoker now..tell yourself that over and over....

 

smoking is just not an option anymore because you made that decision and now is not the time to question that..or yourself...

 

congrats on 2 weeks!!  Celebrate!!  and stay close to the board please!!

Awe Michelle, don't feel you need to smoke I think what may be going on is that for the first few weeks you are adjusting to life without smoking.

your mind is playing tricks use diversion tactics such as have a shower or breath through it, put some music on and dance.

I hope your ok and this has passed.

We are with you Michelle ...

 

We have all been there..

 

A few weeks in doesn't erase all the YEARS you programmed your mind to believe that smoking was ok to do.

 

The reality of it, is its not ok...now you have to convince yourself that you really DO need to completely change the way you think...

 

NO one needs cigarettes....

 

I can't say how long it will be, before the going gets easier...just know that it does... I was there about 15 months ago, and I remember bad times... But at this point, I remember MORE good times...

 

Ya gotta trust us..it does pass with time... But more time than weeks... Each day IS better...you will see

Hi Michelle

 

Congratulations on 12 days... this is awesome and a good reason to celebrate  :yahoo:

 

Don't pay any attention to silly junkie thoughts... you know they are all lies rattling around in your mind

 

Stick close to the board... we are here for you... you did a wonderful thing reaching out to us for help to save your quit

 

As Joe said above... trust us... it truly does get better :)

Good to hear from you Michelle, sorry you're having such a crappy time of it.  It does get better, promise.  

In the meantime distract yourself and know that it's not physical what you are feeling.  It's all a mental game, nothing more.  

Dig your heals in and fight!  You can do this!  

  • Author

Thanks guys,

 

           I really do want this its just so hard to keep hanging on sometimes. This is the longest I've ever gone without smoking so I really don't want to lose this. I know it will get better one day but I guess I do have to get used to this new life one day at a time. LOL

Hang in there Michelle it does get better. It's been a little over a year now for me and I hardly ever think about smoking, and if I do it's more when I see someone else smoking and I think how disgusting it is and how glad I am that I don't smoke anymore. 

 

Don't let your mind trick you into making an excuse for you to smoke again, because that's all it is is just a mental trick. So flip the trick and refocus your thoughts on something else like posting, reading, walking etc. 

 

You got this M7  :)

 

NOPE

Hi Michelle, your doing great and everything that you are feeling is completely normal, us addicts think that on day one when we say to ourselves I am quitting smoking that it will be as easy as that, its only when we begin to realise that we have to put commitment into this and strength that we begin to waver, quitting smoking is a journey, one where you, your mind and your body will go through some amazing changes, embrace each one and realise that they are bringing you closure to healing your body and your mind, its changing your thoughts and habits, remember you have in the past been subjecting your body to a regular habit day in day out, it will take time to change this, do not be disheartened Michelle its all a healing process and one that you will succeed in if you have the commitment xx

Hey Michelle - good to see you :-). Hang in there - you are doing great :-)

Well done sweetheart....keep fighting those battles ...they will get weaker and weaker.....

Your body is healing....and you brain has to catch up.....

Everytime you beat a crave....you win ....that nico monster is getting smaller and dying.....

Keep marchin...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.