New quitter

@Arnolder Hey. I'm the same today. I've had days where I feel great and doing things all day. Then days like today where I just feel like sleeping all day. Our bodies are just trying to readjust to life without inhaling chemicals. Just have to push through and keep telling yourself better days are coming!  💪💪

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Arnolder said:

Why do I feel so lazy and sleepy all the time?

I remember being hidden away in my house for the first 3 days of my quit just watching DVD's and mentally battling the constant cravings. The constant mental battles were exhausting so I also sletp a lot at odd times. 

Early days of quitting are quite the experience; not one I'd like to repeat. All you can do is take things one day at a time and roll with the punches ensuring your commitment to quit stays strong, despite the voice in your head screaming for a smoke. Keep it simple as well. There's only 1 rule ... don't smoke!

• Like 7

Hey, @Arnolder. Nicotine is a pretty powerful stimulant, so my early days were pretty sleepy/foggy without it. Also, quitting is hard work, systemically. A lot of recalibration is taking place during withdrawal… metabolic systems (including low blood sugar) can go a bit haywire before they settle down. Hang in there, give your body what it needs during this tough transition time… and keep the quit!

• Like 6

Hi @Arnolder  You will find a whole bunch of physical and mental feelings happening when you quit smoking.  Your body is going through withdrawal and many changes are taking place.  I remember having this weird feeling in my mouth for several weeks in addition to having a sense of doom and dread.  Eventually all of these things that everyone goes through will go away.  If you are able to take the time to sleep and just lay around, then do it.  Whatever helps you.  Also drink a lot of water to flush the toxins out of your body.  Try and keep busy to help you keep your mind off of smoking.  You are doing great, and remember one day at a time.  Why don't you get one of those ticker banners so you can see all the days you have been quit plus the money you saved by not smoking.

• Like 5

@Arnolder @JustQuit83

Yes just sleeep.

Take a break from anything needed to stay quit and get that check mark for another day clean!

There really is nothing more important than to keep your quit. Remember that sneaky addiction will make it tough on you to keep you under it's control. 

Just smile or maybe a little laugh and say NOPE. Then crush another day...276182434_smiley1.png.226b05374d283eec525f711165351753.png

Great job you 2. Stay Happy and Positive you're doing great.

Cheer's and KTQ

Stew.

• Like 6

Your body is going through some massive changes .

its used to having poison being put in 20 even more times a day for decades. 
No wonder it goes haywire for a short time 

whatever us happening Newbies , remember it’s all Temporary ,and will pass  x

Edited by Doreensfree
  • Like 3