Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

For the health of it

Featured Replies

Hi everyone, I'm a member, but, I'm not here often and most of you don't know me.

 

But I'm here today for a quick thought (okay, maybe not quick, I tend to ramble)

 

I was recently hospitalized with a rare condition called Guillain-Barre Syndrome.

 

After a month in the hospital, I came home 1 week ago.

 

It was scary and very painful, and my recovery will require months of therapy.

 

I am doing so much better and I work hard every day to regain my strength.

 

I'm sure many folks here have gone through serious medical conditions also.

 

I do know that I thought about how happy I was to have quit smoking.

 

I can't imagine for a minute how being a smoker would have effected me.

 

Not just feening for a cigarette, but the severity of my illness, also the recovery being so much more difficult and lengthy.

 

If you are in the beginning of your quit, please stay strong and committed. For your health.

 

KTQ

 

 

I'm sorry to read you've been so sick @beazel, but I'm glad you're now on the road to recovery.  

Thank you for sharing yet another perk of quitting smoking.  I too experienced the same relief when I was hospitalized a few years ago.

In Florida they gave my parents nicotine patches whenever they were hospitalized! 

 

Sorry to hear this Beazel.

Had not heard of this before. I hope the therapy and your recovery give you more comfort than what you have been experiencing.

During the QSMB days, I lost my quit a couple months after you joined the group. Happy to be back but sorry to say losing my quit, and ignoring the known risk's has caused some serious health issues.

We can only hope someone gain's that forever quit from some information they find here.

I wish you the best.

Stew.

 

Of course many of us remember you @beazel!

 

I'm so sorry to hear you have had to go though this issue but as you  noted, the whole issue would have been much worse if you were still relying on smoking to get you through tough situations! Now you can simply concentrate on reaching full recovery by working hard on physical therapy without worrying about when you have to have your next smoke!

 

Best wishes for a timely & full recovery :)  

So very sorry that you have been ill, @beazel. I am thankful you didn’t have the complications of smoking on top of everything else. Best wishes for your recovery.

 

A healing haiku:

Big love in few words for our

dear Quit Train poet. 

I remember you well Sweetheart. 
im sorry to hear you have not been well  and your now on the road to Recovery . 
smoking I’m sure would have hindered getting you back to health I’m sure 

Take Care  x

Sorry to hear of your health stuff, beazel… although we never “online met”, I’ve read some of your past posts when I was glued to QT early in my quit. Believe me, you’ve helped many 💙

Sorry to hear that you have this medical issue to deal with. Be diligent and work hard on your physical therapy. You’ll do fine. I do believe most of what you’ve advised here will apply to your recovery. 

  • 3 months later...

beazel - how are you doing?  I was sad to read of your health issues.  
 

Great gift you gave yourself talking smoking off the table! Makes more room to focus on important stuff- like recovery & getting stronger.  
 

I hope you are well in to both. 
 

L4L

 

Edited by Lust4Life2016

Hi beazel

Sorry to hear you were unwell.I missed the original post.hope your well on the way to tecovery

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.