Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

It's not that hard!

Featured Replies

I've been smoke-free for 7 days now.

It feels wonderful!  I'm noticing some of the benefits already:

Wheezing - almost gone

No coughing 

Shortness of breath - gone

Cramps in my feet (due to circulation issues) gone!  (this is a biggie for me)

I smell like my lotion or perfume - not stale cig smoke 

Way more energy - Yippee!

More time to spend with my family instead of wasting time on those nasty things!

 

This past week has been amazingly easy! Oh, the first couple days were slow.

Although I wasn't a raving lunatic looking for a cig . I just do not want to smoke! 

I really think attitude is everything. It has made all the difference for me. 

And a really big help is being able to come to this QT board for support from some of the best people around!

Anyone lurking and thinking about quitting - jump on in! It's just not that hard :)

 

Keep track of all the benefits, they'll keep piling up. Give yourself a treat for doing so well!

I love your attitude!

What separated these quits from my previous unsuccessful one was my attitude.

Once I finally got it thru my thick skull that I wasn't missing out on anything, (light bulb moment), things turned around. I am proud of you, you are handling it beautifully.

Congratulations! You´ve sailed through Hell week in style. Well done! That is the attitude that makes your quit easier for you, and an example for the rest of us. :good3:

 

Isn´t it amazing that we start feeling the benefits of quitting so early on? How after tens of years of wheezing and coughing, these are gone within days of quitting!

 

It´s all good! :yahoo:

So glad you found us SanDar !

 

We all want to support people - especially When they have such a great attitude ... Stay close - you have so got this ! a0d0423989cfe63dbac86525c36d6b54_zpsff34

  • Author

Congratulations! Way to go!

You are creeping up on your first week as well! 

I love this post Sandy - such great enthusiasm, and a great list of benefits! This is the way to handle a quit - look at the positives, not negatives.

 

I am so happy for you, and proud of you too. You are doing just great :)

Well done, Sandy!  This is your forever quit!

Well done Sandy, You keep that attitude and you will have no problems!

 

Enjoy your new lease on life!

  • Author

I love this post Sandy - such great enthusiasm, and a great list of benefits! This is the way to handle a quit - look at the positives, not negatives.

 

I am so happy for you, and proud of you too. You are doing just great :)

Thank you! I'm convinced changing my attitude made the difference :)

  • Author

Well done, Sandy!  This is your forever quit!

It has to be my forever quit - because I'm not doing this again. :)

Attitude is EVERYTHING!

 

Congrats and welcome to your new life.

Isn't it amazing how quickly some of the benefits take effect? 

You have a wonderful attitude and are doing great! This is your sticky quit!

I agree with you 100% -- attitude is everything! Once you realize that smoking has nothing to offer you, you're free. You are no longer a slave to your addiction.

 

Congrats on making it through Hell Week with your head held high! Keep the positive attitude up -- you've got this. :) 

  • Author

I agree with you 100% -- attitude is everything! Once you realize that smoking has nothing to offer you, you're free. You are no longer a slave to your addiction.

 

Congrats on making it through Hell Week with your head held high! Keep the positive attitude up -- you've got this. :)

Thank you Anna! I love getting kudos from someone with a long 

time quit - wow, almost 2 years! 

Thank you Anna! I love getting kudos from someone with a long 

time quit - wow, almost 2 years! 

Thank you!

 

If I can quit, anyone can. I very much loved my cigarettes over the years, but the last year or so before I quit, I hated everything about smoking. The smell, the smoker's cough, always getting sick. In the end, my desire to quit was higher than my desire to smoke. I just kept telling myself how much I hated smoking and it really helped me with my quit. That's why I'm a strong believer in having a good attitude while quitting. :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.