Post a Song you Like

babs609

G'day you mob...so a little bird twitted that it's fishing and boating week in the USA..... I got that covered for ya with the Wilcannia Mob... and now I kinda wanna go fishing for bream and grill it up with some mango pickle 

• Like 1

About the inspiration for the author 'Bob Dylan':

In the sleeve notes on the Freewheelin' album, Nat Hentoff would quote Dylan as saying that he wrote "A Hard Rain" in response to the Cuban Missile Crisis:[2] "Every line in it is actually the start of a whole new song. But when I wrote it, I thought I wouldn't have enough time alive to write all those songs so I put all I could into this one." In actuality, Dylan had written the song more than a month before the crisis broke.

I prefer the cover by Bryan Ferry; formerly of Roxy Music!

• Like 3

Just because we may be different from what society deems to be 'normal', doesn't mean we can't reach greatness in the things we strive to achieve - as demonstrated by Israel (Iz) Kamakawiwo'ole, one of Hawaii's most beloved singers.

"Kamakawiwoʻole suffered from obesity throughout his life,[19] at one point weighing 757 pounds (343 kg) while standing 6 feet 2 inches (1.88 m) tall.[11] He endured several hospitalizations because of his weight.[11] With chronic medical problems including respiratory and cardiac issues, he died at the age of 38 in the Queen's Medical Center at 12:18 am on June 26, 1997, from respiratory failure.[11]

On July 10, 1997, the Hawaiian flag flew at half-staff for Kamakawiwoʻole's funeral. His koa wood casket lay at the state capitol building in Honolulu, making him the third person (and the only non-government official) to be so honored. Approximately 10,000 people attended his funeral. Thousands of fans gathered as his ashes were scattered into the Pacific Ocean at Mākua Beach on July 12, 1997.[20] According to witnesses, many people commemorated him by honking their car and truck horns on all Hawaiian highways that day. Scenes from the funeral and scattering of Kamakawiwoʻole's ashes were featured in official music videos of "Over the Rainbow", released posthumously by Mountain Apple Company."

• Like 5