Cravings are ticking me off now!

IamMommaBear

• 2 weeks later...

It is just such a struggle right now...I used to be able to deal with it. Being stuck in the house, watching all the bad news, Delta, losing young people that are working to get Americans home from Kabul..I am so stressed out. I wish all this would stop. I want to do right, but all I can think about is smoking to relieve the stress. The stupid thing about this is I really have nothing to be stressed out about, I have not lost anyone to Covid.  I have not lost a child in the military and I think of all the families that have suffered, their children gave their lives for others.  I am horrified that all I can do is 

pray for them and I wish I could smoke. That is not an honor to their memory and any comfort to all the families.  This is when you really know you are a piece of crap because you want to smoke when there is nothing that will ever make all these families feel better.

53 minutes ago, Kris said:

This is when you really know you are a piece of crap because you want to smoke

Kris you're not a piece of crap, you're a nicotine addict! We all are, that's why we're here. Wanting to smoke and actually smoking are completely different things. Most of us addicts in our early days wanted to smoke especially when there was bad news and unfortunately some of us did and lost their quits only to wish they didn't have to start all over again.

Bad things will always happen and smoking is right up there with them! Stand your ground, keep saying NOPE, and this too shall pass just like all the others have and you'll be stronger because of it 🤗

• Like 2

Thanks Jillar, just really down right now.  Decided needed to leave the house to see if it helps. Went to the pharmacy to pick up my old lady medications, blood pressure, cholesterol and ya dada. Got my flu vaccine and the one for shingles.  If you do get flu vaccine it should be available now. My Mom got a very bad case in her 80s and my son had it in his 20s (that was weird). I then off to get fresh produce and dairy. I had already stockpiled all the other things in case.

Got home put that away and decided to make homemade valium (pizza). Dough is ready just need to get the veggies ready and call Opah, I read he is a pizza nut sometime ago.

I also stopped at the liquor store and got vodka, in the freezer now. Tired of sleepless nights, maybe a shot or two will help. Thanks for the pep talk, I feel better now that I got out a little and had some human contact. Almost everyone out there has started wearing masks again.

K

• Like 2

@Kris not to pry but do you live alone? I do.  I am an empty nester single momma bear.   I like my own company and am quite happy with staying home.   My company sent us to work from home 8n March of 2020 and we are not going back.  I share all this to say that I recently discovered that even as an introvert that is content to be home, alone with just my dog, that even I need out of the house and human face to face interactions from time to time to get out of my own head.  ❤Rainbow Pizza GIF

I wish we were neighbors...pizza and vodka sounds like it could have been a fun party!  😂

• Like 2

Momma Bear,

Yes I do live alone other than my 3 furbabies, one of those named bear, 80 lb. black chow that was my best friends who passed away April of 2020.  My other two are littles. I have one son, now married and has his own family to take care of. My husband passed in 2010. For the most part I do like being alone have adjusted and I also am an introvert and happy to do what I want when I want. I do like being alone for the most part.   The pandemic has forced us into another area.  I do enjoy the company of others, I am looking for somewhere I could volunteer just to be around others and make a difference. I think that is essential to well being.

With that in mind I must say that fall and winter suit my needs.  I am much happier with the cold and the long dark hours with just a book and a cup of tea for company. When my world settle in to quiet and comfort. I also from what you say would be great friends, Half than half that pizza is in the fridge but the vodka is not holding up, feeling down and drinking to much. On that note, I have not broken my quit but I have struggled a lot these last few days.  

K

• Like 1

Love chow chow,s ...

Kris ...you are still very early in your quit ....your life is still in the Nico Monster,s sights ...

It takes all you have to keep hold of your quit at the start ....

But look ...your winning ...your doing it ....be proud ....

Further down the line ...you will start to focus on different areas if your life ....

Be patient ....one day at a time ..😁

• Like 1

I'm on Day Two of my NRT mouth sprays and cigarette smoking quit. The last time I physically smoked a cigarette was at the start of this year and I'm now in the process of cutting Nicorette Quickmist nicotine replacement therapy mouth sprays medication out of my life. I haven't got the bottle youse it again. It nearly put me in hospital last Sunday when I experienced the worse anxiety and stress and acid flux symptoms. I've only just lost my 90 year old Dad too. He was my best friend as well as my Dad.y mum and sister Karen died years ago too

@BeautifulAspie1970 First of all I am so sorry for your loss.  I know how that feels as I have lost loved ones as well.

I am happy that you have made the decision to quit, as I have also done this recently. I know it will be hard but you can do it.  I tried to ignore the fact that it was a threat to my health. The day came when the results of a catscan came in showing the signs of emphysema.  I cried a lot and smoked a lot that weekend but made the decision I would quit when there were no more cigarettes in the house.  I did just that and with the help of the people on this board I have been able to do it. 

I have not heard about the nicotine mist but I do have nicotine lozenges that I use sometimes.  I have been slowly weaning myself from those.  We don't to replace one bad habit with another.

K

• Like 1

@Kris I think seeking out volunteer opportunities is a fantastic idea.  You are doing great and building up wonderful self care habits. I have really tried to focus on replacing unhealthy habits with healthy habits. Little by little.   I need to focus more on better eating and exercise now.    I may look into volunteer opportunities in my area as well to get me out of the house occasionally--thanks for the idea.  ❤🐻

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...