non-smoking DOGS

Frezflops

We walked dogs at the shelter on Grand Cayman Island during our last vacation.

Lots of doggies kisses to be had :)

Our condo complex closed our pool for the season so I just started my new exercise this week-- walking shelter dogs 3 times a week. They so enjoy it and I get great exercise! 

• Like 4

fantastic!!! they all thank you chrysalis xxx

Yes, it's very gratifying. I also use the time to help train the dogs for "good canine behavior" like not pulling your shoulder out of the socket and "sit" and "stay" and stuff like that.

Interestingly (and sadly) few of these dogs wag their tails. Most dogs, when they meet friendly people, wag their tails and want to be petted. These dogs (almost all pit bulls and Rottweilers) have no pleasant experience with humans. At best, they were chained in back yards and neglected; at worst they were fought and/or used as "bait dogs" (naturally timid dogs that are used to provoke savagery in fighting dogs). So they don't expect to have pleasant interactions with humans and they don't usually wag their tails.

But I know that they love their walks, even if they don't wag their tails or slobber all over me. With time, they get to know me and adjust to my way of doing things (these dogs are pretty smart) and we have a good time. And then there are the bitter-sweet days when one of my "pals" gets adopted. And so it goes...

• Like 3

Locals say that Dougie the dolphin was first spotted in the harbor of Tory Island back in 2006, after the dead body of another dolphin appeared onshore. They believe that the dolphin was grieving her mate and that’s why she started coming into the harbor. Ben the Labrador started jumping in the water when he saw her and the two have become good buddies.

• Like 3

Locals say that Dougie the dolphin was first spotted in the harbor of Tory Island back in 2006, after the dead body of another dolphin appeared onshore. They believe that the dolphin was grieving her mate and that’s why she started coming into the harbor. Ben the Labrador started jumping in the water when he saw her and the two have become good buddies.

Amazing! 

• Like 1

10698398_10152353948781616_5248411596498

Cody he is 5 1/2 months

Is Cody a pure beagle?..i have a beagle, but the next size down..lol..she is older, shorter, and way heavier...lol..

581787_708549449161885_1886715530_n.jpg?

this is what she does most days...the rabbits in our area feel pretty safe   lol   :P

• Like 1

Is Cody a pure beagle?..i have a beagle, but the next size down..lol..she is older, shorter, and way heavier...lol..

581787_708549449161885_1886715530_n.jpg?

this is what she does most days...the rabbits in our area feel pretty safe   lol   :P

Cody is a husky/coonhound mix he is 5 months old here he is a bit bigger now and still growing

• Like 1