A magpie named maggie

Cbdave

G’day 

We have been left a dog shaped hole in our hearts since the passing of our dog. Amazing enough we have been adopted by a magpie we call Maggie. 

Not the prettiest of his tribe in fact she’s got only a couple of feathers on his tail.  Probably a male caused his very black and white not the grey of the females or so I’ve been told.

i recon he must be a male as follows my wife in the garden “caroling” or singing to her. 

Since we have been adopted the other magpies are a lot more friendly as well and not scared at all. 

E689A620-A420-4BD8-91A0-06D1A4CEDF95.png

• Like 7

We had blue jays in our tree this year...they are lucky they are so pretty because they are the nosiest birds I have ever heard!! 

We don't have magpie's here, we have crows but from what I understand they are very intelligent.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, reciprocity said:

@CbdaveWhy can I only see 1 leg?

Yes your observant..... has a habit of standing on one leg why.... I don’t have the faintest. Definitely has 2 legs pic shows it on my chair on the verandah ( don’t you shit on my sear bird!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

G’day 

Always feed them. Works! 

Used to feed them near my bus stop in Sydney. Me and my mate pally standing outside. Throw a bit of meat so the other commuters could make the sprint to the bus shelter. You know two magpies can fit 27 people in a simple bus shelter ha ha

• Haha 4

Fun magpie story....there are a couple of magpies hang in carpark at work, one of them has taken to swooping the people on the way to their cars...so one of the techs gets a hair up his ass and decides to run interference with a drone...smashes the drone into the aircon unit on the roof...so now we are supposed to out at $15k drone and the aircon is on the fritz. BLOODY Magpies.

• Haha 4