June 5, 201412 yr I am on Windfall... Oh. My. how I love this series! Windfall is where I totally lost it sobbing uncontrollably. From there, I don't think I ever stopped. Ohhhh to be able to read it with fresh eyes again. Please check in, and often, on this. I don't know anyone else who has read it. Are you totally hooked where it's hard to think of other things? Xxxxxooooo
June 5, 201412 yr I am on Windfall... Oh. My. how I love this series! I love how the author called David a 'road dude.' :D
June 5, 201412 yr It's really good so far, I'm about 4 chapters in. Honestly though I love everything he does, besides the dark tower series.
June 5, 201412 yr It's really good so far, I'm about 4 chapters in. Honestly though I love everything he does, besides the dark tower series. Me too! I think Bag of Bones is my fave thou.
June 5, 201412 yr Me too! I think Bag of Bones is my fave thou. My favorite is Hearts in Atlantis and The girl who loved Tom Gordon. On a side note I met Stephen King about 10 yrs ago, I vacation very near where he and his wife live and he's really quite nice. I have talked to him many times over the years and have almost my whole hardback book collection (40+ books) of his signed by him, I'm hoping to get this new one signed this fall when I go.
June 7, 201412 yr Wish I had more time to read. Currently reading, She's Come Undone, by Wally Lamb. Not quite halfway through. No spoilers if you have read it. :)
June 8, 201412 yr Petra I read that like 10 years ago! I was really sick (turns out I was septic and almost died) so I cannot remember it exactly but I remember I liked it a lot. Very long book. Not to brag or anything, but since last Friday: -I have received a first look at a manuscript for an author to review -I have won a $10 gift card to amazon -I have received a beta version of a highly anticipated book 5 (and final book) of a series. .. I have also worked about 65 hours and have to cram the reading in when I can, b/c when you get sent those, you gotta drop everything and read, so they can get them released by the release date.
June 10, 201412 yr I am not really a book worm - but I do like to read if I have time I have a kindle fire and am going away on thursday so will have lots of time lazying around to read and I will not have access to internet so its a perfect can anyone recommend books to download please I like: vampire stuff serial killers funny romance period drama but not war time more victorian/edwardian I do not have a clue or a favourite authour I just dont read enough thanks in advance :)
June 10, 201412 yr I am not really a book worm - but I do like to read if I have time I have a kindle fire and am going away on thursday so will have lots of time lazying around to read and I will not have access to internet so its a perfect can anyone recommend books to download please I like: vampire stuff serial killers funny romance period drama but not war time more victorian/edwardian I do not have a clue or a favourite authour I just dont read enough thanks in advance :) Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan series is very popular and very good.
June 13, 201412 yr I am reading "Natchez Burning" by Greg Iles....it is really good! Edited to add: I did not realize it is the first in a trilogy...so the story just kind of stops without tying everything up. It was still very good, but I wish I had known!
July 2, 201412 yr Am reading this... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Farrow-Ball-Living-Colour-Byam/dp/1849750386 Really beautiful interior ideas and really makes you think about colour, and how to use it if your room is north or south facing. On their website (Farrow and Ball) you can also get a free ideas booklet. Very pleased with my purchase.
July 22, 201412 yr "The Age of Innocence" is .99 audible. I actually did my thesis on Wharton and this is my fave of hers. I wasn't always straight up UF reader, believe it or not. Ok, back to zombie audible.
August 14, 201412 yr If I Stay by Gayle Forman. The guy at the bookstore suggested it after I picked up a John Green book (The Fault In Our Stars). I told him I really enjoy John Green's stuff, so he said this book is similar to TFIOS. I'm on page 44 and it's pretty good.... a tearjerker.
August 14, 201412 yr OK guys, not sure who here likes horror/thrillers, but I just recently finished the following books for the second time... I freaking love them... The Bad Place - Dean Koontz Midnight Mass - F. Paul Wilson Just in case anyone was interested. About to start Castaways by Brian Keene - never read anything by him, but have heard he is good.
August 14, 201412 yr OK guys, not sure who here likes horror/thrillers, but I just recently finished the following books for the second time... I freaking love them... The Bad Place - Dean Koontz Midnight Mass - F. Paul Wilson Just in case anyone was interested. About to start Castaways by Brian Keene - never read anything by him, but have heard he is good. Haven't read Dean Koontz lately, but I remember liking his stuff!
August 14, 201412 yr Haven't read Dean Koontz lately, but I remember liking his stuff! Twilight Eyes in great too. And Phantoms is bloody terrifying! (don't watch the film with Ben Affleck!). Strangers was also good, but at nearly 800 pages, it's a bit of a slog ;)
August 14, 201412 yr Wow, haven't read Dean Koontz in years. I used to read Dean Koontz between Stephan Kings releases...I used to live across the street from a branch of the county library (who knows what that is..lol) and the ladies there would automatically put my name on the waiting list for the new S. King releases...it was great..I would get a call and my book was in..I didnt even know he published a new one...lol...I havent kept up though, and have fallen far behind...right now I am reading these: . Daughter #3 (Jodi) got them for me for my birthday..I need to finish them before season 5 starts (Oct)...
August 15, 201412 yr Just started "dead spots" on audible. I so rarely read anymore - I'm all about the audibles. For shame. I spose when I say rarely, I'm down to reading about a book a week.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.