My brain keeps doing circles

Mee

All day today, I felt like I should post an SOS.  Just when I would get ready to post my brain would do that complete circle.  The crave would start, the cigarette thought would pop into my head, the long deep inhale (feeling quite good) and then the Nah! I don't need that or want that.  I would like to say that I think I have this but I know I'm probably still going to have weak moments.

Then again, I have been awfully distracted with the dildo's in the travelling department?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

You are doing so well in your quit,  Linda !

Every crave you beat is a huge success,

please don't forget to reward yourself.

Something little, something big....it matters not.

Just make a ceremony out of your reward so your brain understands how to reward you.

Glad you have had some distraction here today, lol.

Isn't your husband a contractor ?  Ummmm.....with tools ?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Linda Thomas said:

All day today, I felt like I should post an SOS.  Just when I would get ready to post my brain would do that complete circle.  The crave would start, the cigarette thought would pop into my head, the long deep inhale (feeling quite good) and then the Nah! I don't need that or want that.  I would like to say that I think I have this but I know I'm probably still going to have weak moments.

Then again, I have been awfully distracted with the dildo's in the travelling department?

Well, the next time you get a crave,  just name everything in the suitcase!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Be patient LT :) You're not quite a month into your quit yet so those cravings and urges to smoke are normal and you found a way to say NO to them today as you have in the past and will again when they come calling. The thing is, they will come calling less frequently and those calls will get weaker and weaker as you forge ahead. Doing great so just keep it up and always say NOPE!

• Like 3

Thanks for reaching out Linda Thomas!! 

Junkie thinking can pop up any time; that's why, as addicts, we must remain forever vigilant and practice at our quit everyday.

I saw a lady smoking in her truck at a stop light once and looked in the cup holder for mine...does that mean I want one? NOPE.  Fleeting thoughts from dying connections is all they are, smoking memories. 

Linda Thomas, you are doing great! 

I found some flowers in that suitcase I think you might like...

9itto5.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1