Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I still own an ashtray

Featured Replies

Gday

i still own this little beauty. A real 70s stunner.

I use it as a mosquito coil burner!

Cracks me up when people comment on it and ask me where I brought  from! No one recognizes it's an ashtray! Wow the world has changed.

IMG_2377.JPG

what an awesome mozzie coil holder even if it is a 70's style take on art deco.

 

Because I never smoked inside I had an old Coffee tin which is long gone and one of those pocket ashtrays so when I was out and about I didn't have to drop a but.... oh and those plastic bucket ones that were supposed to be fire proof but I could always manage to set on fire...

 

 

  • Author

G'day Jo

Hate to break it to you Jo. My job as a kid when we had visitors was to make sure everyone had an ashtray. 

My poor old 10 year old truck doesn't have an ashtray. You could put one of those but bin things in the cup holder. Much prefer the cup holder.

i do have 2 cig lighter thingies.

Perfect.. Sat nav one one 

Mobil recharge in the other .

regards 

Chris

 

I still have three ashtrays. One is an amber glass one from the 60's that holds a potted plant. And two are put away in a garage cupboard. I gotta have something for people to put their butts in if they are smokers. Otherwise the butts end up in my plants ?

We still have a friend or two and a brother in law that smokes

My cheap plastic ashtrays are long gone.   While still smoking I had been trying to find a decent one and ended with a couple cheap plastic ones that I found at a party store,  where 99% of the store inventory was children's toys and balloons.  Even the tobacco shop where I bought cigarettes didn't have decent one.

 

I do still have 2 lighters though which I've used to light candles in a power outage.

 

 

 

17 hours ago, Cbdave said:

My poor old 10 year old truck doesn't have an ashtray. You could put one of those but bin things in the cup holder.

 

I used to use a half empty Mt Franklin bottle as my car ashtray... because it made the car smell less ... well that was what I told myself anyway.

My step parents used to have some ash tray that was the size of a dinner plate.

It had an eagle engraved on the bottom.

 

Who the hell needs something THAT big?

 

I found out that if I do still have an ashtray in/around my house, it is very well hidden!

 

I had a little bbq this past Saturday, as my former FIL was in town. I was shocked when he walked in - he flashed a box of Marlboro menthols at me and asked if I minded.  He had been vaping for a few years - so much for that!

 

He had to make do with a red Solo cup filled halfway w water. It was not pretty! It was pretty disgusting, actually!!

 

image.png.bf40fa23c924c401c85e704728e86332.png

 

 

 

No ash trays here. Nothing related to smoking at all actually. I don't know anyone that smokes, so there's no reason.

 

I keep a Bic lighter with my camping equipment, but that's it.

On 8/7/2018 at 12:18 PM, JimHannoonen said:

No ash trays here. Nothing related to smoking at all actually. I don't know anyone that smokes, so there's no reason.

I keep a Bic lighter with my camping equipment, but that's it.

 

Lighters and matches are just tools anyways. Much like tape, a knife, sandpaper, whatever.

The day I quit I chucked out all my ashtrays. Sure felt weird doing it cause I paused, only momentarily, thinking in some way I still needed them. Then I carefully chucked them in the trash, like saying goodbye to an old friend. Weird huh. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.