Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

My Favourite New Stick

Featured Replies

Just wondering what everyone else found they used to help them when a craving hit. I think I have found my  new favourite stick, lollipops, yummy scrummy sugar laden lollipops. I can see that I am going to give Tele Savalas a good run. All I want to do is eat at the moment at this rate I am going to end up looking like the house that Jack built, so I can satisfy the nicotine crave with a spritz of Nicorette Mist, stick a lolly in my mouth and Bob's your uncle and not stick any more food in my mouth as a result, bingo all corners covered. So come on and spill the beans rather than eating them tell me what you find helps you through a niggling patch. xx

It doesnt really matter if you gain a few pounds, you can always loose them latter and yes, lollipops are a nice escapist. Look, just dont smoke lad, this thing has the potential to cripple and kill you. Suck on all the lollipops on earth while noping daily. We´re here for you. I see you´re in hell week, its rought, but it does get better with time. Stick with quit. You got this lad!! :)

Satsumas mostly in the early chaos then Lemon Heads and any flavor Altoids.

Ballarat Raspberry Drops and Castlemaine Rock.... I also used PK chewy (licorice flavour... which i picked because I actually hate licorice so it wouldn't be a new addiction)... 

 

 

I was on a no sugar low carb diet when I quit. I really could have benefited from having lollies and sweets at the time!

 blow pops and tootsie pops were my favs, as far as the mints it was spearmint lifesaver

I gained weight after I quit 1 1/2 years ago.  So what. If that’s what it takes to quit it’s worth it. Im exercising now  (without getting short of breath anymore) and watching my diet and the weight is slowly coming off. I so very, very happy I quit smoking. And so is my family. 

Hey Nopester! So looking at the big picture, you know, all those tough days at the beginning of your quit and then now all the benefits you are realizing each and every day you are smoke free, seems a small price to pay for such an improvement in the quality of life right? This is the thing that is hard to understand for new quitters who are going through those tough early days.

2 hours ago, NOPEster said:

I gained weight after I quit 1 1/2 years ago.  So what. If that’s what it takes to quit it’s worth it. Im exercising now  (without getting short of breath anymore) and watching my diet and the weight is slowly coming off. I so very, very happy I quit smoking. And so is my family. 

Well done NOPE...

This is why we say quitting is a journey....saving your life is more important than some pounds...

Undertakers don,t care how much you weigh !!!!

The weight will fall in time...be patient...one thing at a time....

Where ever you are in your journey....feel proud !!!.....

 

On 8/2/2018 at 1:23 PM, Phoebe2 said:

I was on a no sugar low carb diet when I quit. I really could have benefited from having lollies and sweets at the time!

 

 

I still managed to pile on the weight though .. I made a great sugar free low carb lemon cheesecake ?  Probably wouldn't have piled on the weight if I could have sucked on an all day lollipop. *sigh*

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.