Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Petra

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Petra

  1. Petra replied to Ramona's topic in Celebrations!
    GREAT JOB TEW!!!! One Year is so AWESOME!!!!! Do something super nice for your self today!!!
  2. I love these!!! Even though we know some things about some people, I always learn something new about my quit friends!!! :0) Thanks for sharing!!! :)
  3. Where in the world are you? near Denver, Colorado (my heart is in San Diego, where I grew up through college). When and how did you quit? July 9, 2013 - Cold turkey/Allen Carr/Quit Smoking Support Forums. Did smoking affect your health that you know of? Fo Sho!!! I had to clear my throat all the time! Drove me NUTS!!! It was one of the main reasons I quit. Trying to talk to people, then cough, cough, hack, hack. Gross! That may not sound like a health issue, but smoking was obviously not healthy for my throat. Has quitting significantly improved things? Yes, in so many ways. I save time and money. I don't stink. I don't feel ashamed. I have more self-confidence/self-esteem. I'm not having to clear my throat every 5 seconds. I feel healthier. What is the last music album you bought? The B-52's most recent. I was a little disappointed. :( Next on my list is Twenty-One Pilots. Funny how "album" has a different meaning today. :) Are you a parent? Yep. One 13 y/o boy, one 14 y/o girl. Animal wise, we have three dogs, a new kitten, one chicken, six head of cattle and bees. Tell me an interesting fact about you... I'm not that interesting. Even the farm animals are mostly my husband's thing. :) What is your current (or your last) job? Full-time Homemaker. Part-Time I work for a dental equipment manufacturing company that sells all around the U.S., some international and to the military.
  4. Cute guinea pig video. :) https://www.facebook.com/TheDailyShare/videos/494370854055624/?fref=nf
  5. Petra replied to Tink's topic in Games
    avocado
  6. Keep going Quitters!!! You are truly inspirational!!!!!
  7. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  8. Here today - gone tomorrow. :)
  9. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -1
  10. Not afraid to be around them anymore, but don't really like to be around them when they are smoking either. Gross - it stinks. Got a massage from a women the other day and while she didn't totally stink, I could smell it, and heard it on her voice and her cough (from the lavander oil, she said, but i wasn't coughing). So happy to be a non-smoker!
  11. This place is different than other forums - IMO. Quitting smoking can be very emotional and the people here just all seem so real. I have been on other forums - gardening, exercise, sex (just kidding on the last one :) ) . They feel very superficial, and I don't stick around long. I would never share pictures or "real" things about myself on other forums (Facebook doesn't count). Here, it is a really supportive environment and feels very "family" like. There are people who I don't agree with at all, and some that I totally click with, but I love you all the same cuz you all have something to offer, and we all support each other almost no matter what. And honestly, it is a great feeling when someone says, "your post really helped me." Because there were sure a lot of people who helped me. Happy to pay it forward! :) (Even if I don't get here as often as I want to anymore. ) xoxo! :heart: :heart: :heart:
  12. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    WOOT WOOT!!!! :)
  13. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -20
  14. This is soooooo true!!! God, I HATED being a smoker. I hide it from people I didn't want to know. I was so happy to have smoker friends, but always hated that I had to smoke. Quitting was such a self-esteem builder!!!! I don't have to hide, I don't have to stink! I DON'T HAVE TO SMOKE! The hardest part of quitting is the anticipation of quitting. We've been programmed to believe that it is soooo hard. But it really can be "Easy Peasy," right Sarge? This doesn't mean that there aren't moments of "Hey, a smoke sounds kinda good right now." or "Wish I had a smoke." There are still those moments, but they are few and far between the longer we are quit. and easier to say NOPE to. On the other hand, if we smoke, even one puff, the addiction will return quickly and the mind games will be difficult to overcome. NOPE! Even cigars, Bandito!!!
  15. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -17
  16. Petra replied to Colleen's topic in Games
    the stuffing. daylight savings time or not?
  17. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -15
  18. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -13
  19. hahaha ha! great thread! :)
  20. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Good news for the day - so far, my big dog hasn't eaten my little kitten. :) Kitten is sooooo cute!!!
  21. A few times, I wished I had business cards to drop near a smoker or hand to someone. Hard thing sometimes is that unless someone is asking for help, they get mad if you suggest it. :(
  22. Yes, #2 was the lie - but I think you may have gotten some insider information from another source. lol :) Your turn.
  23. TWO WEEKS IS AWESOME!! GREAT JOB!!! We experience quitting in different ways. I used to hate that internal conversation that I want, but I don't want. It never worked. When I had that conversation in my head it resulted in failure. Instead, like you, I chose not to focus on wanting one. Success came when I told myself, "I can smoke, or not smoke. I choose to not smoke." That doesn't mean there weren't cravings or struggles or triggers, but I stopped the internal argument.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.