Everything posted by Petra
-
The Rock Thread
LOL - It was only like 5:45 when I originally posted, so that was just my natural silliness - wine hadn't even been poured yet. :) Hit the Quan! Hit the Quan! https://youtu.be/IGGS3YPhUbQ Da Da Da Da DA!
-
Name change
Every day is worth counting - sometimes every minute too. :) As time goes by, you won't think about it as much. A whole day and more will go by and the thought of smoking won't even enter your mind at all. In the beginning, however, every moment we don't smoke is a celebration! :) Congrats!! and Welcome!!!
-
Our Progress
I took a class when my daughter was six weeks old with like 10 other Moms. Some of us kept meeting after the class ended. 4 of us are still friends to this day and try to get together once in a while (challenging with teenagers and living in different areas). That was almost 15 years ago!
-
New Here
Welcome Dave! Congrats on two days!!! That's how we do it - one day at a time! During the first few weeks of my quit, I like to eat shelled peanuts or chips and hot salsa. The peanuts gave me something to do with my hands when I was feeling figety. I never like smoking right after eating hot salsa, and that also kept my hands busy. Sunflower seeds are a good option too. If you are having a tough moment, come here and post. Someone usually will be here right away. I spent half my day here in the beginning. :) Great decision!!! Keep up the good work! :)
-
Happy Two Years Doreen!!
I too am sadly late. :( I always go to the Socializing page for fun when I'm online, but should really go to the Celebrations first always! CONGRATS TO YOU !!! TWO YEARS IS AWESOME!!!! You are so special to us, and we are so very fortunate to have you! :)
-
My suffering smoking friend...
So sorry Doreen. :( She is probably so scared and just can't admit it. This addiction - ugh! When I was a smoker, during my most stressful times, I smoked knowing it was so wrong, but in the back of my head, I always said, "this is the last one." or "I'll quit tomorrow." But man, I wouldn't give up those smokes then.
-
I don't want to smoke 13 days before 1 year. SOS
8 Days Rowly!!!! Keep up the GREAT Work!!! No looking back now!
-
Petra
Thanks everyone!!! I guess I should check the celebration page more often! I have to admit that I'm a few years older than 24. I turned 32 this year. LOL! :)
-
SONIC HITS ONE YEAR!
SUPER SONIC!!!!! I can't believe I missed your celebration thread! (at least I posted on your Poll!) CONGRATS on 1 year!!!!!! I knew you could do it, Quit Buddy!!!
-
Name the member. Post next one
Married to Tarzan.
- chicks or sticks
-
OH my f ing god
So, a sick society can be interpreted in many ways. I don't know what a DSM is. I was just kinda joking about really having all those symptoms. Sorry. I guess my basic point is that we can choose to smoke or not smoke. I choose to not smoke.
-
WEDNESDAY 14TH OCTOBER 2015
Nope :)
-
OH my f ing god
I'm also happy, healthy, spastic, independent, strong. So are you! :)
-
OH my f ing god
Except Bi-polar. I don't think I'm that for real. but my husband may disagree. :)
-
OH my f ing god
I'm all of those things too and I got through the worst. So can you. :)
- OH my f ing god
-
Name the member. Post next one
but - I do like to sleep in :)
-
Name the member. Post next one
No - it's Colleen. But she didn't really pass out, she just got tired of waiting around for all the Chat Party no-shows and went to bed!!! :)
-
Thursday 15 October NOPE
Not 10/15 here yet, but haven't done the NOPE for a while, so I can start early! No Smoking for me on 10/15/2015!!! :)
-
I don't feel fit
Hope you feel better. Exercise or sunshine works well for me- exercise IN the sunshine is the best. :) Hang in there.
-
Sigh. Yes again.
Don't F-in smoke. That was the point of my post.
-
Sigh. Yes again.
Michelle - we are all praying that everything is all okay. My Dad smoked heavily and suddenly was diagnosed with cancer and passed away within like 9 months. He was 57. He said the pain started with a "pain in his gut." The doctors determined it was adeno-carcinoma, which means that the don't know where it started, but it started affecting all his internal organs. I have always been so scared I have cancer from smoking. Every time I have a little discomfort in my abdomen, I'm like, "Oh my God. I have cancer." Even recently (August), I went to the doctor. I had them do a full pelvic exam. I was having dull pain on my right side near my ovary. I was so scared. I asked them do every test. They did a full pelvic exam - vaginal ultrasound - the whole bit! Turned out my fibroids are returning (a whole other story), and I have low iron and Vitamin D. I was so scared. I was thinking to post here to express my worry. I didn't tell anyone - not my husband, Mom or best friend. I just waited it out. Figured I'd wait and panic like a bitch if it was bad news. My point is that we can't deal with what we know til we know. Try not to worry, Sister, but if there is something to worry about, let us know. We are all so here for you.
-
Humpty Dance...One Rhyme/Line at a time
So I'm talking tacos or tostadas Something with a little carne asada. Cuz carne asada is yummy! Yummy for my tummy! If you haven't tried it, You need to Cuz it's not crummy.
-
Text Etiquette
It drives me insane when I ask a question via text/email/FB messenger and it takes FOREVER (like over a minute - lol) for people to answer. Especially when you are waiting for an answer so you can make plans. For some - I'm like, well, that's just so and so , it might take them a couple of days. For others, you know they check their phone, email Facebook - whatever all the time, so why dont' they answer???? Of course, I too am guilty. I'm like - I'll get back to you tonight, then I don't get back to them til like two days later. I have one friend who I know I drive her insane, but in my defense, I'm usually waiting for my husband to make a decision. :) Oh my gosh! You would drive me crazy!