Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Quit Train, A Quit Smoking Support Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Petra

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Petra

  1. YaaaAAAAY, JOhnnNY!! (Read like: Heeeeeere's Johnny! Johnny Carson - anyone remember him? I partied with Ed McMahon at a bar on Catalina Island in the early 90's. I was about 22, and he was like, what 80???? He asked me if I had ever dated an older man. LOL - not that old Ed! :) Anyway, I digress...... One Year is AWESOME!!!! Way to go and we are happy you are here to celebrate!
  2. That's the way to do it Sarge.
  3. I totally get that cooking and cig break thing - pop this in the oven, then smoke break. It used to be that way for me and cleaning too. I'll finish this, then go smoke. You mind is just dealing with the change - creating new routines. It sounds like you are doing great!!!:)
  4. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Would I kiss a girl? Maybe, but I don't kiss and tell, so y'all will never know. ;) Cat fight? I'm a lover, not a fighter, but admittedly, I have a hard time looking away from one that is happening.
  5. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Snow day today!!!!! Had to work from home a bit, but mostly done now, so trying to just stay in PJ's, watch TV and social media.
  6. Petra replied to Colleen's topic in Socializing
    That chick has lost her noodles. (sadly, I can't take credit for this pun).
  7. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Socializing
    Sounds so nice! I love my family, but would also love a weekend all to myself. Girls weekends are great too, but what a treat it would be to only have to do whatever I want to do - just for a few days.
  8. Mr July?? What month are we on?? This is Armed in Aruba. He's the one in the foreground. Or the one in the background. You choose. :)
  9. Welcome Zowie!!! Well into your first year! Great job! :)
  10. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -5
  11. Welcome Johnny!! So close to one year! That is so AWESOME!!!!!! :)
  12. :( People are stupid. People used to smoke in their homes and cars around kids/babies - windows all rolled up - without a second thought. Blowing vape or actual smoke into anyone's face is moronic - especially kids. Morons smoke pot around their kids too - and blow smoke in the kids faces to help them sleep. I saw that a few times in my youth. When I was younger and more naive (also shy and insecure), I looked on in amazement. :( When I was older and smarter, I spoke up. But it's been a long time since I've seen any of that in person.
  13. OMG!!! Love it!!! So excited for you! When that beautiful Baby comes out, remember, Dionne (girl) or Deion (boy) :) Infants are such a joy and blessing, but can really try our patience too. Some are so easy, quiet and sweet. Some cry endlessly, and we don't know why or what to do. All are such a blessing and beautiful gifts from God. So awesome that Tasha has peer group to bond with - that really is so important. She is always welcome to our forum. Tell her to post "Help, I Have a New Baby!" We will all be here to offer her our love and encouragement!!!! :)
  14. LOL - I shoulda put my mean face on for picture. HAHA. Pretty proud of the tat I needled into the hubster though! :)
  15. Two of the terrible threes are down! Three days, three weeks, then three months! :) We get there by NOPE, one day at a time! Well Done!
  16. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    dos (2) :)
  17. Petra replied to cheri's topic in Off The Record
    So happy you are finding distractions to smoking! As to the rest - I personally may find a different forum for that, but there are lots of open minds here, and we all love to read about it. :)
  18. Petra replied to bakon's topic in Games
    -3
  19. Petra replied to Petra's topic in Socializing
    I thought there may be a few of you, RN! :) Glad you like it, but I'll stick with those pretend heart shaped pendants. :)
  20. Petra posted a topic in Socializing
    Saw this in a product catalog - Cuz nothing sales I love you like an Anatomical Heart Pendant. :)
  21. No smoking for me today!!! Still enjoying beautiful weather in November. Who wants to ruin that with smoke?
  22. Petra replied to Sarah's topic in Socializing
    Hey Sarah ! Great to see ya. I'm sure the rest of the boys (and some of the girls) will be by soon to say hi. :)
  23. Great to see you Julie! :)
  24. I had a smoking dream the other night too. Probably because I was reading that other thread about. Over two years later, the dreams are still so vivid and you wake feeling like it really happened. Such an odd sensation. Great part, is that its just a dream and we're still non-smokers! :) YAY US!
  25. Actually, it went a way pretty quickly - within the first couple months, I think. If I am around smoke, like a campfire, it acts up pretty badly.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.